Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter One: The Begining

I ran out to the mail box, hoping that I would get a letter. I have been waiting for the letter that said I could start school. I opened the mail box and threw the mail out looking for the letter.
I saw a yellow piece of parchment at the bottom. I grabbed it and screamed. It was for me. I ran back inside, not bothering to get the rest of the mail.

I ran threw the house screaming, "I got my letter! I got my letter!"

My mom came out of her room.

"What the bloody hell is going on, Via?"

"I got my letter!" I screamed back. She screamed too, and started to jump up and down, tears running down her face.

I was so excited. I was finally going to go to Anhester School. See I wasn't just some normal girl. I had magical powers. I had to keep it from all of my non-magical friends. I was so excited that I would be able to meet people like me. Make some friends even.

"Open it, Via. I want to see what it says." My mom said. She went to the same school when she was my age and was so proud of me for making it in.

I opened the parchment. My hands were shaking badly. The words were writen in green ink. It read:

Dear Miss. Violet Holiday,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been excepted to Anhester School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Enclosed a list of items you will need to start the term.
Term begins on September 1.

Noris Dunquer
Headmistress


I looked at my mom. Her face was tearstained. She gave me a hug.

"Oh, my little baby is growing up so fast. Lets go down to London and shop for you school things tommorow. Today we have to inform everyone you made it. Oh, and we have to get going 'cause I promised that we would go over to the Hensions for a cook out. It'll be so much fun. But don't breath a word of this to them. You know the law. Anyway they are already curious."

"Cool. And mom I won't. That was only once that I blew that glass up. It won't happen again. So when are we going there?"

"Tea time. So get ready, pumpkin."

I ran upstairs and got ready. I took my shower and put on some shiny lipgloss. I tied my long, silky, black hair back into a tight bun. Then went into my room and found somthing casual to wear.

I went down stairs, I was wearing my favorite black shirt with my blue jean shorts. I was all ready to go. My mom came out of the kitchen holing a salad bowl. She handed it to me and busied herself with her shoes. I slipped my trainers on and walked out the door with my mom.

We walked down the street and up to a beautiful house. I walked past the garden wall and to the door. I knocked and Mrs. Hensions answered it.

"Why, 'ello, Via an' 'inny. I was just 'elpin' George set up. 'ome in." She said cheerfully, standing aside so we could enter her abode. I loved her house. It was huge and homey. George was her son. His dad past away when he was three.

"'ello, Via. 'ow are we?" George said. He was british. Well, so was I but I didn't have that deep of an acent.

"Good, where do we want the salad?" I asked.

The party had started at two. It was fun. I hung out with all of my friends and danced. We left at ten 'cause we had to get up early to go to London. We lived in a suburb of it.

The next morning we were up bright and early. Like the crack of dawn. We got ready and headed out to the train.

The train ride there was slow. I was looking out the window when I thought I saw something. I jumped and looked again.

It seemed like a ghost. It took me awhile to register why it looked so familiar. It looked like my best friend, Jeff. He died a year ago. We had been close friends. He even had powers. From the day he died there was a special connection. It was like we could speak to each other. I just had to concentrate on him. I closed my eyes and thought. I saw his face, he was saying something.

"Via, you need to be careful. Danger lurks ahead. Don't forget about me." He said.

"I won't, Jeff. But what danger?" I whispered. I could feel my mom staring at me. I felt weak and dizzy. "Jeff? What danger?"

"Via, danger lies ahead. I miss you and have fun at school. I am proud of you." He said. Tears were running down my face now. I could feel my mom trying to get me out of this trance. But I didn't want to. " I miss you too." I said my vision returning slowly. I was crying harder than ever. I always cried when I talked to him. I just missed him so much.

"Honey, what's wrong?" My mom said while rubbing my back.

"I just talked to Jeff. He told me to be careful, and to warn me that danger lies ahead. He also said he misses me and to have fun at school and that he is pround of me." I said crying yet harder. My mom comforted me 'til we got to London. She then took me to an Icee shop and got me an Icee.

We then took a look at my list of things I needed to start school. We went to a small pub and walked in. It was very dim and smoky in here. My mom walked to the back and opened a door.

The room behind it was basic. A chair and a table sat there. She walked to the wall and pushed in the middle brick. A face poped out and she gave over some money.

The wall opened and revealed a huge street full of shopers. They were all dressed like my mom normally dressed. In robes.

I grabbed her hand and she led me to a small shop that had books everywhere. I was amazed at how many books were in there. Everything from small books to huge ones, ones bound in leather, and ones that were so heavy that I saw a troll try to lift one but failed.

I was used to strange creatures and wierd things happening. Mostly because I grew up with a magical family and have been here many times with my mom. But that was a long time ago so I forgot where most of the stores were.

Lunch time came and we ate at a little tea shop.