Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Ten: Flying Off Cliffs

I pushed harder on the gas. Accelerating to 30 miles per hour, or so said the speedometer. The wind was blowing my hair back. I soon felt the fimiliar rush of excitment, anticipation, and fear.

The edge got closer and closer with every passing second. I shifted gears and felt a slight lurch as we gained more speed. I shifted slightly in my seat, ready for what was going to happen.

I looked over at Billie for a split second. He was wide-eyed and as pale as a ghost. His hands were clasped on the edges of his seat, they were pale white, his mouth was slightly open.

We were now three feet from the edge and gaining. I flipped a few switches and pushed some buttons that would help the landing.

As soon as all four tires left the ground I let off of the gas. Billie started to scream as loud as humanly possible. I chuckled, my prediction had been right. I felt myself lift off of the seat a few inches as I was much lighter than the go-cart.

I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Billie look down at the ground twelve feet below us. He seemed to scream louder.

A few seconds latter Billie stopped screaming, he seemed to scared to do anything. The only thing that was heard was the engin and the wind. Then, that stopped, too. We hung in the air then felt a gut-wrentching lurch as we went down.

My heart was racing now. I was gripping the stearing wheal. We were decending rapidly. I had to react fast, or fear that we might break the go-cart of us.

"Billie!" I yelled. "Lean back!"

"Why?!" he yelled.

"Because, we need to land on our back tires!" I screamed leaning back.

"Kay!" he did as he was told. "Why do we have to land on our back tires?"

"Obsorbes the shock and we won't break anything!"

As the ground loomed nearer, my fear lessened. I knew we were going to land perfectly.

And we did. Our back tires hit first, and as they did we bounced up and down, but not as bad 'cuz I had good shocks.

Just as the front tires were coming down, I threw my arm out to catch Billie in the chest from banging his haed on the rollcage and I hit the gas peadle; heading straight into the forest.

"Holly Fuck!" Billie said. "What the..."

"Yes, I know, we are heading into the forest."

I pointed the go-cart straight into the foest. We came to a two track that was almost gone as the underbrush was so think. It winded throughout the forest.

After 20 minutes of driving on the path, the trees started to lessen as we came closer and closer to the open field ahead.

As the trees lessened, the sun came into view. It was high in the sky by now and it was hot.

I glanced down at my watch. It said it was ten to noon. As I thought of it now, we had been gone for a while.

I drove to the other side and stopped at the line of trees. I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed the food.

"Uh, Via? Help?" Billie asked.

I looked over at him and laughed. He was struggling against the harness, trying to get out. I wanled over and helped him out. He muttered a quick thanks and we headed to the edge of the forest.

"Come on," I said. "We are almost there. Just Clay Hill and Small Creak."

"Kay."

I led the way throught the forest. Soon we made it to a huge hill covered in trees. It was really dark here. I started to climb the hill with Billie behind me. We slipped a few times because of the med, but we got back up and made it.

On the other side was a small creak. It wound it's way through the trees. I crossed over it on a fallen tree. I walked twenty feet and came to a small opening. It was still dark here and slightly swampy. A rasied wooden path extended from the door to where we were standing. Around the path was a swamp type thing littered with really old toys. I walked up to the door of the old log cabin and opened it.

I walked in, put the food on the table that was in the middle of the room and found a watch on the wood stove. I lit a few laterns and candels throughout the room. It brightened immediatly.

Billie and I sat down on the chairs at the table. We started to eat out food.

"So who's this twin cousin of yours?" Billie asked.

"Oh, her name is Jessie (short for Jessica). She is my aunt's daughter. She lives in Tenessee. She is 21 this year. When she was my age she looked exactly like me, liked the same things as me, had the same powers, etc." I explained. "She is exactly 11 years, 11 months, 11 weeks, 11 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds apart from me."

"Woah!" he said taking a bit of his sandwich.

"Yeah."

After we ate, we explored for a while, then we headed back to my house. Billie went home an hour after returning. I was tired also, so I headed off to bed.

That night I had a weird dream....