Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Five: A School Day and... Billie's Hair?

"Are you ever going to wake?" My eyes snaped open. A pair of bright blue eyes were staring at me. I screamed. Their hands came over my mouth. I bit their hand and pushed them away. I dunked under the covers. I heard the dormitory door bang open.

"Tre! What did you do!?!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

"Nothing! I just woke her up!" Tre yelled back.

"What the 'ell is going on?!" I heard a girl scream. I came out of the covers. I looked around at all the people. Tre was laying on the floor sporting a bleeding arm. Mike was just standing in the door way, a dumfounded look on his face. Billie was just staring at Tre. Leah was looking at me. "Good you're up," she said.

"No I ain't! I am just sleeping with my eyes open," I said jokingly. Everyone burst out laughing. I got out of bed and got my uniform out of the trunk at the end of my bed. Our uniforms consisted of: a grey skirt, a white shirt, a pair of white nylons, a grey vest, a black robe, and black shoes. "Well? Are you gonna leave? No offence, but I ain't changing in front of you," I said.

"Oh, sorry," Mike said. They all started to leave.

"Billie? Do I have to?"

"Tre?" I yelled and pushed him out. I changed and went down stairs with my books and schedual. "Looks like we have History first," I said when I entered the common room.

"Yeah in five minutes," they said together. We headed down to the third floor. History was held there. When we got there, I noticed a girl who looked lost and confused. "Hey, do you need help?"

"Oui," she said. Right then I knew she didn't speak much english. Luckily my mom got me to take a french class in normal school.

"Bonjour. Je m'appelle Via. Comment t'appelles tu?"

"Bonjour. Je m'appelle Heather," she said.

"Hey. Who is this?" Billie had seen me talking to her.

"Heather. She speaks french," I said. "Voici mon une Billie."

"Bonjour, 'illie," she said taking his hand and shaking it.

"What did she say?"

"Hi."

"What did you say?"

"From the begining?"

"From the 'bonjour' part."

"'Hi. My name is Via. What's your name?' Then she said, 'Hi my name is Heather'. Then you came up and I told her, 'This is my friend Billie'. Then she said, 'Hi Billie'," I said. "Now to be nice, say 'bonjour'," I told him.

"Um... Bonjour." The bell rang. We walked in and sat in the back of the class. I sat in between Billie and Mike. Tre sat next to the french girl. He obviously liked her.

"Okay. Settle down," a sharp stirct voice said behind me. I jumped slightly. The voice sounded very familiar. I tried to remember where. "My name is Professor McBee," it clicked. "I am the teacher of History and Transfiguration. This term, we will be studing the past in wizarding history and of this very school." The class held its breath. I now remembered how she was familiar. She was the person that sorted us and, most importantly, she was George McBee's daughter. "This class won't be an easy one. But if you pay attention and study you will have no troble passing it." She paused for dramatic effect. I looked at Billie and Mike. They were staring at me. I could tell they both understood. I had told them all about the contact.

"Should I tell her about it?"

"Yeah, he wanted you to. Maybe she might not be so uptight," Mike whispered.

"So, let's start today's lesson," she interrupted our conversation. "Take out your books and turn to chapter one and read the first two pages. Afterwards we will have a disscosion about what you read. Start." Everyone got out there books and started to read the chapter. I started too. It was all about how the wizarding world had started. Most of it I had already known. Growing up in a home that was full of whitches and wizards had come in handy after all. Only a small portion of it was things that I had learned in public school back home. "Now, who can tell be when the first wizarding comunity was made?" My hand shot up.

"Yes, Miss. Holiday?"

"Um.... 1543," I stated.

"Correct. What is the name of the town?" My hand shot up again. She pointed to me.

"Teribirthia."

"Correct. Mr. Armstrong, what was the witch slaying event?"

"Salem Witch Trials."

"Right. Mr. Cool. What town was it mainly held in?" Tre pondered for a moment.

"Salem?" He shugged.

"Good. Mr Dirnt. How did they test to be sure they were a witch?"

"Burned them at the stake. If they died they weren't. If they survived they were. But there was a major flaw. What did they do to them if they survived?"

"Great. Now like Mr. Dirnt said, what would they do to the ones who were witches? If you read the rest of the chapter you will find out. Your homework is to write a page summerising the chapter. Have it ready to turn in on Wednesday. You have the rest of the hour to work. You may work in groups." I turned to Billie. He had been trying to get my attention for the past five minutes.

"What? I think my leg will be brused for life," I said jokingly. He had been poking me in the same spot.

"Sorry. I heard from a little bird, that can read minds, that someone likes me." As he said that I turned to Mike, my face was beat red. He quikly looked down at his book.

"You little..."

"Is there a problem here?"

"No. None at all," I lied to the teacher. "So, you couldn't keep that a secret. You just had to tell him," I said.

"Oh! So you do like me?" Billie said. I didn't say anything. My face, if possible, got redder. He smiled. I knew that he knew I was embarassed.

Luckily the bell rang before I got a chance to answer him. We walked to our next class, which happened to be Herbology. I was a nice day out. I promissed myself that during our free class I would come out here and sit. I noticed a group of first years gathered outside greenhouse 3.

We walked over and I leaned against the glass wall. I stood there untill the bell rang. Billie was asking me if I really liked him or if this was some kind of prank we were pulling on him. I finally gave up. Mostly because I was annoyed and told him that I liked him.

The bell rang and we all filed in. This was one of my favorite classes. That lesson we spent taking care of our pet plants. It was easy.

The class ended and we headed to lunch. I sat down next to Billie and Tre'. Mike stayed behind to ask some questions. There was a lot of food on the table. Chicken, turkey, ham, beef, potatoes, corn, peas, salad, and tons of others that I didn't reconize. I leaned forward to get some salad. Billie must of done the same because our heads colided.

"Oww!" we cried together.

"What the heck?!?!" Mike yelled. I looked over at him. He had potatoes and soup all over him. I started laughing. His response was taking some of the mess off him and smearing it in my face. He laughed. I did too. Billie looked shocked at what happened. I took some of the mess off Mike and smeared it his face and rubbed it in his hair.

Mike stopped laughing and looked at me horrified. He whispered something too me. Obviously, I had done something wrong. Billie sat there, stunned, then got up and ran out of the hall. Most of the students were looking in our direction. I guess we had made a huge commotion.