Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Eight: The Note and Gift From Jeff

Sunday, December 1

Billie, Mike, Tre, Heather, and I were sitting at the end of the house table, we all seemed to be happy, for some reason. I sat next to Billie while Tre, Mike, and Heather were sitting across from us.

We were talking about Mrs. McBee's last leson that was all about how and why wizarding schools were founded/created. She also told us all about the other wizarding schools in the world; Hogwarts, Kirkspell, and Gringsoot. We thought the leson was really funny. I still don't know why, but it was.

I was eating my eggs, listening to Tre go on and on about something, my left hand was in my lap, when Billie slowly and unnoticabally grabbed my hand. He was silently eating his food with his left hand. I looked at him surprissed, yet happy.

For some reason, I had senced that something tragic was going to happen to day, and I knew could feal that I was worried. His hand in mine seemed to ease the nerves away.

"Are you alright, Via. You seem.. aprehensive," Billie asked with concern in his voice.

"Kinda, I have a fealing that something.. tragic might happen today," I replied.

As I said this, my vision got foggy and I could feel my eyes glazing over. A snow-white owl loomed into my eyesight. It was carrying a parcel wrapped in light-brown paper. On top, writen in hand-writing that was barely leadgable, was writen:

To: Via Holiday
Anhester School

From: Mom
#6 Darkness Drive
Oakland, California

As soon as it came, the vision was gone.

Tre was waving his hand in front of my face. I shook my head and blinked a few times.

"You alright?"

"Yeah."

I looked up to see the daily mail comming. Just as I had saw in my vision, my mom had sent me a package. The snow-white owl landed down in front of me and I picked up the package.

"Let's all go up-stairs. I have a feeling that we should open it up there." I said standing up.

Once we all were up-stairs and settled down by the fire I opened the package. Inside was a letter.

"Read it out loud." Tre begged.

"Kay, It says:

Dear Via,
I am so glad that you are feeling much better. It's alright not to be having visions and contacks all the time. It's normal for a girl your age. I have managed to get all of the stains out of the dress. I am so glad you and Billie are together..."

"Are not." Billie said.

I went on,"He is a sweet boy. So, when is your winter break? Are you going to come home or stay there? If you do come here you can work on The Cabin. I was up there last night and I dusted some. Don't worry, I didn't move anything. I know how special that place is to you." When I read the last part my voice cracked and a lump formed in my throat. A single tear ran down my face.

Billie took the letter out of my shacking hands and scanned it to find where I was. "Umm... Jeff says hi. He really misses you and he can't wait to see you again. He has fixed the go-carts so we can go out to Aunt's Track this summer. Maybe you can enter the races this year? Don't worry about me here, I am fine. I talked to Stephanie the other day. She wishes you all the best. I found out that she goes to Hogwarts. Enclosed is a way to contact her."

"I thought Jeff had....." Mike said.

"No, that's Jeff's dad. You see he was named after his dad." I said.

Billie continued."Narcissa told me the strangest thing yesterday. Aparently she was walking past Buddy's room when her eye had caught glimps of a small package on his bed. She insists that it wasn't there before. But here's the strangest part. It had your name on it..." Billie stopped.

I gulped awaiting for him to continue, when he didn't I reached into the box that was at my feet and pulled out a small package that had my name on it. I just stared at it for a minute, then ever so slowly took the paper off of it. As I did so it seemed like everybody in the room held their breath for fear of that one slight noise would break what-ever was inside of the package.

I tore off the last bit of paper and a three neaklaces fell in to my hand, along with a note. One of the neaklaces had a black pick on it. One of them had a small glass vial filled with a grey powder, and the last had a vial full of red liquid.

I put all three neaklaces around my neak and a bright glow seemed to fill the room. The neaklaces seemed to be the source of the glowing. Words suddenly appeared on the pick and vials. I knew exactly what was happening and I grinned.

I picked up the note and started to read it out loud so everyone could here it.

"Dear Via,
I am so sorry that I have not been in contact with you for a long time. But as you may already know I have been watching out for you and I have written this to warn you. Danger is ahead. I can not tell you any more for the main reason I do not know anything my-self. Yes the neaklaces are what you think they are. Now that you have put them on the spell is complete. You now have many powers that you would have never even gotten because I have taken my powers and gave them to you for I have no use for them where I am. I have given you the abillity to become invisable, fly, and preform any magic spell you want to without a wand. Also you will now be immune to any piosons. To be able to preform the magic spells just concentrate on the person or object you are preforming the spell on and think very hard on the spell happening to the person/object. You already know how to use the others. I taught you them that one summer in the cabin. The year we first dicovered our powers. Remember? Well, umm stay safe and do not, I repeat, DO NOT freak out if you can not controll your powers at first. Have your friends help you. Oh, and so you understand, in the vial filled with grey powder that is my soul, and in the other that is my blood. If you read the writing on them you'll understand.

Love ya lots,

Buddy"

After I finished reading the note I looked down and the neaklaces.

On the vial with Jeff's soul in it was the words 'Where ever you go...'
On the vial with Jeff's blood in it was the words 'You know I'll be there.'
On the pick was the words 'I'll love you forever and always.'

The tears started to flow down my face. My throut seemed to get tighter and tighter, my lungs were screaming for air but none came, my vision became foggy, my heart was pounding against my rib cage, threatining to burst through. I fell to the floor. I couldn't hear anything except the earsplitting sound of twisting metal, the sound of glass breaking, the constant sound of horns blaring, the muffled screams, the growning of people hurt, the annoying ringing in my head, and the loud beeping of a hospital heart monitor.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...