Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Nine: The Mysterious Guy

*Via's P.O.V.*

"Hey, Via? Via? Are you awake?" I heard a voice say gently in my ear.

Just the sound of his voice made me feel safe and relaxed. The events of last night came flooding back to me. Did I really receive the package from my mom? Did Narcissa really find the parcel on Jeff's bed? Was it really for me? Was there someone out to get me? Who? Why? Was I in imeadiate danger? Would I survive this year? Will I be back next year?

No.

That word followed directly after the last question that ran through my head. I was not comming back next year. I would be going to a normal school, forced to keep my powers under control.

Wait! My powers! Did I really atain Jeff's power's last night?

Yes.

Another answer.

But, wait, what about Billie, Mike, Tre, Heather, and everybody else? What would happen to them?

"They will all lose any memory of coming here and doing anything that relates to magic." a voice said in my head. Oddly fimiliar. "They will be sent to a school in California. No one around them will remember the events that have and will accure from now on. They will lose all their power's. They will even forget about everyone they ever met here. They will only remember going to the school in California and having each other as friends."

No. That can't happen. I will never see them again, will I?

"Yes, you will," the voice replied. "Many years from now. You will remember them and all of the memory's you have had here. It will be your job to find them and remind them. You will know what to do. Have no fear. Just do what you think is best."

My eyes slowly opened. Billie and my mom were sitting in chairs next to my bed. They smiled and my mom came and hugged me.

"Everything will be alright," she assured me. "Don't worry."

"No, everything will not be alright." I whispered in her ear. "I will never see them again. They won't ever remember. Never."

A tear leeked out and slid down my face. My mom released from the hug and looked at me oddly.

"What do you mean?" she asked in a caring voice.

I looked at Billie and he could tell I was slightly scared and got the idea that he should leave because I needed to talk to my mom alone. He left silently.

"I mean, I will never see Billie and all of my friends again after this year." I said.

"Huh. I still don't get it, honey. Your coming back next year you'll be able to see them then and throughout the summer too." she said.

"No, I won't see them for years. I had a vision kinda..." I started.

I told her everything that had happened to me last night and before I opened my eyes. After I did that, she seemed to understand more.

"Don't you fret, honey," she conferted me. "Just think, you will run into your friends someday. Just do what he told you and follow your gut instinct."

"Kay, thanks." I replied. "Do you think I should tell them?"

"No." she said. "Just concentrate on the task ahead. I am staying here for a day then going home with you for break. During break I'll have to get you back in your old school."

*Two day's later*

We had come home for the holiday's. We meaning, me, my mom, Billie, Mike, and Tre. Heather had decided to stay behind because her family didn't have anything planed.

Billie and I had promissed that we would visit each other over the holiday's and we kept that. I had invited him over to go and see The Cabin. I loved it there and I knew Billie would too.

We met up at my house at six in the morning to go. I had told him to come early because it would take us a while to get there.

I had packed snacks, drinks, and some other gear that would come in handy for the trip.

"Why do you have a gas can with you?" Billie asked pointing to the can in my right hand.

"We are going to need it, trust me," I said. "Can you carry my tools?"

"Yeah, what do you need them for? Are we going to be repairing somthing?" he asked couriously.

"Sorta," I simply said. "Let's go."

I walked around the house with Billie following. I led the way through the back yard and onto a small overgrown path.

"Geez! Do you ever mow back here?" Billie asked from behind me.

"No. I tried a long time ago. It never worked," I said as we pased a small barn the had a sign above the door that read: Horses.

We walked for a few feet then I stopped. Billie put down the box and took a look around. There were a few metal animals scatered about. My dad used to take Jeff and I out here to practice with our guns. I saw him smirk at a pink toilet that was in a ditch where a stream used to be.

He walked over to two old volkswagons that were sitting just inside the tree line. He stepped inside to first one. The bottom was rotted out because it had been sitting there for years. It was on concreate blocks
so it was about a foot off the ground. I saw his feet walk around the car. He picked a pot off the ground.

"Who's Jessie?" he asked.

"My twin cousin," I replied as he got out of the car.

"You have a twin?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'll expain at the cabin. Come on. If we don't get moving we won't get there till noon." I said walking across the field. He picked up the tool box and followed me.

I walked to the edge of the feild and pointed. There was a drop of about fifty feet. He gasped. He looked at me. I noded.

"Yeah, I fell down there when I was seven."

I walked to my left and into the forest. We came to a small plank and I crossed first. Billie close behind. I kept on walking, telling Billie to watch out for holes in the ground and snakes. After fifteen minutes of walking we came to a clearing. A huge samd dune was to our left. On our right was another forest. I called it The Black Forest, because it was so dark. I started to walk tword the sand dune.

"Are we going to climb that?" Billie asked.

"No."

I led him through the thick underbrush and to the back of the hill. I walked up the side of it. It was not as steep as the front. I knew what his reaction would be when we got to the top. And sure enough, once we got to the top Billie gasped.

You could see everything from here. Even the Highway that was five miles ahead of us. I shook my head and walked over to the lone tree that was here. I set the gas can down and told Billie to give me the tool box and help me.

I walked behind the huge tree and we pulled out my two-seater go-cart. I was really proud of it. I pushed it to the edge of the hill we came up so the front end was facing the highway. I grabbed the gas can and filled the gas tank up. Then I took the tools and started to work on the ten horse motor. After two minutes of tweaking I stared the engine with no problem. Billie looked at me shocked.

"What?"

"You can fix motors and your how old?" he asked.

"Ten you?"

"Same."

"Oh well, thats no big deal. I can drive too. You kow my mum recons that I could get my license like anytime now."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but thats no big deal." I shrugged.

"No big deal?!? You can drive and fix motors better than anyone I know. That's impressive."

"Oh, I never thought of it that way. Come on," I said getting into the go-cart behind the steering wheel.

Billie got in next to me. I straped my racing seat belt that my dad had put in for safty reasons. Billie looked like he was having troble with his belt, I helped him. After he was buckled in, I asked, "You ready?"

He nodded and I slamed down on the gas pedal. I heard Billie gasp as he figured out where we were headed.

Straight off the edge of the sand dune. I laughed knowing what his reaction would be next....