Heart

Heart 224 words.

Joseph isn’t a nice person, at all. On camera he is happy and bubbly and funny and an absolute delight. Off camera, Joe is bitchy and whiny and slaggy, and cares not for others. Rhys hopes he will, one day, because Rhys is in love with Joe, faults and all; he can’t help it.

Joe has no intention to change any of his faults. He is incredibly happy the way he is, even if everybody hates him. He doesn’t care at all, and he just hurts and hurts and hurts people, and that’s perhaps what pains Rhys the most.

Rhys knows Joe knows how he feels for him. Joe likes to bring it up sometimes, have a little laugh, and the others always look at Rhys with the stupid sympathetic eyes that he hates, because he doesn’t want sympathy, he just wants Joe.

Joe knows because Rhys wears his heart pinned to his sleeve, and felt the need to tell Joe, one afternoon when Joe was in a half-decent mood. Unfortunately, Joe wears his own heart double stitched to his breast pocket, on show to the world. It taunts Rhys because he knows that it’s right in front of him, yet completely out of reach.

Rhys knows Joe’ll never unstitch it for him. It’ll always be there, a reminder of what Rhys doesn’t have.
♠ ♠ ♠
=D Feedback, please?