Another Fantasy Story

Kiroki

“Hey kid, are you lost?” A thin, bold man looked surprised at me.
“Uhm, I just need to find Greg. I’m interested in his stories.”
“Aaah, then you’re in the right place. I would watch out, if I were you. He thinks that his stories aren’t stories, but things that really happened. But you and I know better than that, right?” He smiled at me and I could see that a lot of his teeth were missing. If he thinks that Greg is a lunatic, what would he be?
“Yes indeed, it’s just… I’ve got to go out of town and I was passing through. I never heard a storyteller, and this is an excellent chance!” I answered carefully, it was much safer to lie. Otherwise they would be too suspicious.
“Do you see that barbershop?”
“Yes, I think. The shop on the right were that old woman is smelling her feet?” It was discusting to look at it.
“Uhm yes, well he is inside. He wears a blue jacket made of cotton and a brown pants, he has brown, long, curly hair ‘till his shoulders. You can’t miss him!”
“Okay, thanks a lot, sir, for your help!” I was moody, but it was better to be nice to the citizens.
“No problem, kid!”
I went to the barbershop, I was glad that the old woman wasn’t there smelling her feet anymore. But I regret that thought the moment I went in the shop. That old woman was sitting next to a middle aged man with brown curly hair and a blue jacket. They were talking in a language I couldn’t understand. I guessed it was some old language that nobody used anymore. I took a deep breath – oh my god, what if I had to shake the woman’s hand? Ewww! – don’t think about that, I thought by myself. It was easier to say, than to do. I stepped forward to – I supposed it was Greg – and tried to speak. But there was no sound coming out of my mouth. Nervous kid, just say something, I thought by myself. There’s nothing to be afraid of. Greg – I still supposed – was looking at me, in a weird way.
“Uhum,…. Uhmm… Hello, sir, are you Greg? The famous storyteller?” Finally, some sound.
“Yes, that’s me kiddo! What do you want? An autograph? A drawing of me? Anything else?”
“I just wanted to hear one of your stories, I… well… uhm… is that possible? Right now? I’m sort of in a hurry, you know.” Come on! Just tell me something, a clue about the killer.
“Well here’s a story; A long time ago, there was a kiddo who asked me to tell a story, and I told him to get lost if he didn’t enough money to pay me. Do you understand?” That evil little ..! How could he… I was expecting a clue, it didn’t matter what clue, just something!
I stood there with my mouth open, he wanted money? I had a little money, but that was to pay my food, water and clothes.
“What are you still doing here? Go away, go chase after girls or something!” What an arrogant bastard! What does he think of me? That I was just joking? My sister died for nothing? Nu-uh, not going to happen.
“Sir, please, I really need your help, I really do! My sister just died 6 days ago, I want to know who did it!”
“I’m sorry about your sister kiddo, but that is life! Just get over it, go home.” He turned around, back to the old woman. They started talking again.
“Hey, maybe I can help you.” A boy of my age was standing behind me. He looked nice for what I saw, in the mirror. I turned around to face him
“You really can?”
“I’m Jezz, what’s your name?” He asked me gently.
“Nice to meet you Jezz, I’m Nigel. Do you know a storyteller who would tell me a story about beautiful night creatures?” Well, if I wanted a good story, I should probably tell him what I want.
“I don’t know.” Crap, another mistake I made today! “But I do know Hef, he isn’t a storyteller anymore, he is now old and grumpy.”
“And why should I go to him? He doesn’t want to be a storyteller anymore, that’s obvious.” It sounded ridiculous, going to someone old and grumpy.
“Because, maybe he will tell you a story that can help you, he would do that for you because you lost someone.” Okay, trying is never bad, I guess.
“Where can I find old Hef?”
“I’ll show you.” He smiled and walked out of the barbershop.
Outside, it was cold. There was a storm coming. It wouldn’t be nice to travel in the cold and the rain, but I still had to.
“So, where are you from?” Jezz asked me while we were walking down the street.
“From Alicia, in the south, I lived with my aunt.”
“What happened with your parents?” Well, what a curious boy.
“They died when I was four.” I turned my head down, what had happened to my parents? Nobody knew, another disappearing they said.
“Along with your sister?”
Silence, I didn’t answer, he knew to much already.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to make you sad.” Jezz looked ashamed. We didn’t say a word since then. We stopped before a little house with small windows.
“This is Hef’s place, just tell him why you want to hear his story and he will let you in.”
“Aren’t you coming with me?” Oh, crap, I had to do it by myself, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi y'all!
Uhm, this is the next chapter (obviously!)
Uhm, pls msg me, I really want to know if it's okay or not...

Love