Live Lava Addaleigh

vingt;

Mitchell and I got out of my car. I yawned and tugged down my tank top. Today was the day we were moving into the new apartment. It had been a week and a half since Mitchell asked me. I had told my parents and they were happy. It was such a big step since we had only been together a few days, but I accepted because I knew that we would be together forever- I had that feeling.

I reached into the pocket of my shorts and pulled out the key. We were on the ground-level of the apartments, so it would be easy moving in. Mitchell had walked around the car and grabbed my hand by the time I had made it to the front door.

“I hope you like it,” he whispered into my ear and then kissed me on the cheek.

I hadn’t been to the apartment at all since he asked me; I was just waiting until the day we moved. I didn’t want to ruin anything for me.

I pushed the key into the lock and turned it, twisting the doorknob to open the door. Mitchell pushed it open and my eyes were looking at a beautiful white front room. It was small, but nice enough for him and me to live together. He stepped through the doorway and pulled me along. He showed me the kitchen, our room, every closet, and the bathroom inside our room. I was shocked at how nice it was and how much he had rented it for.

When we got done with the tour, I went back to the big room and lay down on the floor. The sunshine was filling the white room, which was a little warm, but not bad. I closed my eyes as Mitchell walked into the doorway and leaned against it, staring at me and folding his arms. I heard him moving- watching me.

“You okay?” I asked.

I opened my eyes and watched him nod at me. He walked quietly over to me and lay down next to me, grabbing my hand.

“I can’t believe this is ours,” he mumbled.

We faced each other and I smiled. “I can’t either. I never thought we’d be doing this.”

He squeezed my hand. “We should go get the stuff brought in before we get all the furniture in here,” Mitchell said, sitting up, my hand still in his.

“But maybe I don’t want to,” I whined. He smirked at me and dragged me outside to where my car was sitting. I glared at him and picked up a heavy box at the back of my car. I walked back into the apartment and started a pile of boxes in the front room.

xoxo

We finished unpacking the car a couple hours later. My parents, Cassie, and Brock were coming in my dad’s truck to bring my bulky stuff to me. Mitchell’s parents were headed down the day after to bring him his stuff. They were alright with us moving in together; I thought they wouldn’t be which was frightening.

Mitchell locked the car and shut all the doors and walked inside, sitting beside me. I was too deep into pulling out things to liven up the house to realize that he was now doing the same thing. I finally realized it when I looked over to see him holding a photo album in his hands.

“Remember that night?” I asked him, pointing to a picture of me, him, Kyle and Haylei in our costumes for Halloween when we were ten.

“I sure do. Your cute hippie outfit makes me giggle to this day,” he answered.

I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to him. We sat like that- me looking at the album with my head on his shoulder, arms around him- for what seemed like forever when my parents walked in a couple hours later.

I let go of Mitchell and sat up, picking up some rags and sheets.

“Hey kids!” Cassie said, as she walked in, making herself comfortable on the floor.

I smiled at her and walked down the hall a ways to our room and into the bathroom. I sat the rags on the counter and walked back out, setting the sheets on the floor next to the door.

My mom had walked in by this time, reminiscing with Mitchell. Cassie had joined in, as well. Brock and my dad were working on getting my bed into the house.

Mitchell and I had talked about whose bed we wanted in the house and debated about what to make for dinner and such for hours the entire week before we moved in. We also talked about making collaborative videos for his channel on Youtube. His viewers had been positive in him lacking on videos and the fact that we were moving in together.

“Aww, you guys were so cute!” my mother squealed, sitting next to him.

I smiled and watched my dad and Brock finishing up on bringing all the stuff in.

xoxo

When we got done with a few boxes and eating dinner, Mitchell and I went to our room and started setting it up. Before we knew it, it was headed for ten. As I climbed into bed with a big t-shirt and some shorts, Mitchell climbed in with me. He held me close and kissed my forehead.

I sat my phone down on my pillow and pulled the covers up to my stomach. Mitchell kept his hold on me. I didn’t want tonight to ever end. I yawned and snuggled into his chest.

“Goodnight Mitchy,” I spoke quietly as we got comfortable.

“Not yet, Adda,” he said, smiles filling in his voice.

“Why not?” I whined.

“Just don’t want tonight to go away too fast. We’ll always remember this night.”

I nodded and breathed in deeply. He smelled of my house and his mixed, as well as his normal vanilla-cinnamon, and thousands of different cleaners. It was a good combination.

I pressed my lips to his and he returned the favor.

“I love you,” he said in his serious tone.

I smiled. “I love you, too,” I smiled.

We decided that saying it meant a lot to us. We’d say it, not obsessively, but randomly. We weren’t scared of saying it, either. We had been saying it since the day we met. I knew what he meant when he said it. He knew that if he didn’t mean it, he wouldn’t say it.

“But Mitchy, I want sleep,” I whined again, feeling the weight on my eyes.

“Fine. But you’ll regret it,” he complained.

I closed my eyes. “Goodnight Mitchell. I love you.”

“Love you, too. Goodnight.”

xoxo

The next morning was Mitchell’s first day to the new school. He had to be up before nine and gone by ten. Good thing he got an apartment close to campus so that if he was late, he wouldn’t be running a million blocks to get there.

By the time I had woken up, Mitchell was already gone. I sat up and frowned, rubbing my eyes. I had to get ready for later when Mitchell did come home and his parents brought his stuff. We also had the cable guy dropping by to hook our television up.

It was a hectic move. Plus within the next few weeks, I had to get a job.

I got up, ignoring the fact that I needed a shower. I basically tore my pajamas off and pulled on my simple outfit for the day. I pulled my dark hair back into a bun and brushed my bangs to the side. I honestly didn’t care what I looked like; I just had to be decent enough for Mitchell’s family.

I walked into the front room and sat next to a pile of boxes. I opened one, looking inside. I ignored the label on the outside and began rummaging through more albums full of photos. I had to find a place for all of them, which was basically impossible. I stacked them all by the wall and started in on a new box.

The box read ‘Mitchell’ on it. I opened it, looking at a pile of notebooks, papers, pictures, old valentines, and whatever else I had seen before. I picked up a notebook and flipped through it. Pictures of us when we were younger was plastered everywhere with the words “Addaleigh Parker, my best friend” written underneath with a little description of the picture and how he felt about it.

I smiled and spent a couple hours just looking through that stuff. I didn’t realize that Mitchell would be home soon from his first day of classes. When he walked in, I was looking through his stacks of paper and reading it all- a smile was stuck on my face.

“Adda, what-cha doin’?” he asked, sitting his bags on the floor near the door.

I was startled and set the papers back in the box. “Reading cute things from when we were young. You know,” I grinned and looked towards him.

“That was supposed to be a surprise!” he mumbled and then started walked towards me.

He sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me full on the lips. “You don’t know how much I missed you,” he said after the kiss.

I nodded. “I do know. This place gets lonely after a while. At least I can find entertainment in unpacking and dreaming of you coming home.”

He chuckled and pulled me closer, almost making me fall into his lap. “I love you Addaleigh. You make me laugh,” he said, kissing me on the cheek.

“I love you too, Mitchell.” I didn’t hesitate in kissing him back.

xoxo

After we had sandwiches for lunch, Mitchell’s parents showed up. His siblings didn’t tag along. It was just the four of us- the most awkward thing of my entire life.

“So, kids,” his mom started, “are you happy here?”

We both nodded and Mitchell put his arm around my back. I snuggled into his side.

“I’m glad we made this decision. It’s a little scary to sit here alone for a couple hours, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it,” I said, with bravery in my voice.

“I’m sure glad!” his mom giggled.

“Well we’d better get home,” his dad spoke quietly.

“Aww, I’m gonna miss you guys!” Mitchell said, pulling both of his parents into a hug at the door.

His dad motioned to me. “I’ll miss you guys, too!” I said, pulling myself into the hug.

They left and the cable guy showed up. Within the next hour, we had television to watch. When the cable guy left, we finished unpacking the few boxes we had left and then sat down on our couch to relax.

“Addaleigh?” Mitchell asked.

“Hm, sweetheart?” I looked at him.

He smiled and then looked me in the eyes. “Welcome home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
well, that's really all there is to it.

now about this... sequel.
i will be writing it within the next week and HOPEFULLY posting it up next weekend.
but i may not be. i have had a slight change in plans.
if i don't work my schedule out, I will be posting after school starts.
i'm sorry, readers, that i made you wait for a fail chapter.
and now you get to wait for a fail sequel. ):
<3

i will write an update when i post up the sequel.
you will receive a subscription update when i do.
prooomiiiiise. (:

-Bree