Live Lava Addaleigh

sept;

I woke up the next morning with his arms around me, his chin on top of my head, and me all snuggled in between his arms and his body. I smiled, but remembered that we had fought the night before about who cared about who more and I had made him cry. I realized that I hadn't seen him cry before... ever. I felt stupid, but as long as I was here in his arms, I wanted to forget that.

I moved around a little, trying to get comfortable again. The sun wasn't shining outside meaning that it was probably four or five in the morning. I yawned and cuddled back into the vanilla scent and closed my eyes. I thought about the rude words that I had said to him and how much I wanted to make it up to him.

I started to drift away when Mitchell moved a little and woke me up again. I yawned and felt him move completely away from me. Must have been enough sleep for him or he needed something to drink. I opened my eyes to see him walking halfway through his room.

"Mitchell?" I asked softly. He looked back at me.

"Yeah, Addaleigh?" he smiled.

I smiled back at him. "Where are you going?"

"Gotta get some water. Want some?"

I nodded frantically and then watched him walk out. I flipped over on my back and pulled my arms out from under the covers. I laid there thinking about what the possibilities of the day would be. Hopefully he and I would finally confess our love for one another, but who knew. I wanted to know if he and I would work out. His friend Kyle and he were going off to college that fall and I was going to stay put for a year to work on getting some money so I could go.

I sighed and looked at the door. Mitchell must have been watching me for some time now, thinking my little heart out, because he was now laughing. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You're funny when you're alone and thinking," he chuckled.

"Obviously. And at..." -I looked at the clock- "Five forty in the morning, mind you."

He walked across the room, holding two glasses of water and sat down on the edge of the bed next to me. I sat up and he handed me the water. I guzzled it down in a second, but he took his time. I smiled at him and he took our cups and sat them on his night stand. He pulled the blankets back and slid under, snuggling close to me. He put his arm under my head and rolled onto his side. I slid down to lay beside him, putting my head on his arm and laid on my side. We sat there for five minutes smiling at each other. There was another moment where we could have kissed.

I sighed, "Mitchell, I'm sorry about last night. I want to make it up to you today, okay?"

He blinked. "Honestly, it's fine. Rae isn't going to interfere in my life anyway. She's moving away."

I looked stunned.

"Her parents are moving to Baltimore," he said. "Her dad got a new job."

I blinked a couple times, not realizing he was staring right at me. "Was this part of the breakup as well?"

He nodded solemnly.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"I forgot. I had such a good time yesterday that I didn't remember what else we broke up over. There was many. Like you."

I covered his mouth.

"What about me?" I stared at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
a little short.

i'm sorry, but i wanted to leave you guys with a cliffhanger so that you would have to wait another hour for an update.
haha.

i'm evil.
>:)

-bree without bloo this time.