Another Reason to Love Coffee

32

“Of course I do, baby... I’d love to meet your parents.” Damnit! I mean, yeah, I did really want to meet his parents... But, shit! I've never been so nervous in my life!

"Babe, stop pretending to be asleep," Mikey yawned before kissing my bare shoulder. "It's almost noon, we need to get going..."

"What if your mom hates me?" I asked, my eyes still closed.

Mikey laughed, "What? Baby, don't be ridiculous..." I sat up and narrowed my eyes in a 'how do you know' way. "She's going to love you," he assured me softly, caressing my cheek. "You and your crazy hair," he added with a smirk.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the wall across from the bed and nearly screamed. "Jeez, I'm scary in the morning... You like waking up to this?" I teased.

He smiled and nodded, "Mhmm."

I kissed his nose, "Okay, okay, I'm up love... Let me shower."

I hoped off the bed and headed for the shower, grabbing a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top and a black half hoodie with multicolored skulls on it. In ten minutes I was nice and clean and ready to get out of the shower and get dressed... Then Mikey interupted me.

"I thought we were going to be late," I pointed out as we kissed in the shower.

"We have time..." he smiled.

...

In another fourty-five minutes, as the water got cold, we hopped out of the shower. I assure you, we were both extremely clean at this point.

I dried my hair before straightening it (yes, my hair is pretty straight but it has a slight wavyness too it, so I straighten it.). I then applied some thin black eyeliner with pink and gold eye shadow that blended very nicely, and finally rolled on some mascara.

"Do I look okay?" I asked, tying up my chucks.

"Babe, you look amazing, calm down," he smiled, holding me from behind. He was dressed in straight legged, semi-tight jeans and a black and white striped shirt with his Misfits flats.

"Okay, fine," I said softly. "I'll try... It's hard though, I'm really nervous babe..."

"Don't be," he laughed. "I mean, if she liked Gee's ex she'll like anyone, and you're just perfect, so of course she'll love you..."

I smiled, "Promise?"

"Promise," he smiled, kissing me deeply. "Now, we really are going to be late... Let's go!" he laughed.

I laughed, putting Shana on her leash as Mikey grabbed the car keys and we headed out, "Well, it's your fault! Shower fun time was your idea... today at least."

"You love shower fun time though," he smirked.

I gave a content sigh, "Yeah... I do..."

He smiled after locking the apartment door before wrapping an arm around my waist as we headed for the parking garage. Soon enough we were in Mikey's car heading for the highway to make the hour and a half trip (well two hours with New York traffic) Jersey.