Water cooler Romance

Photocopy All TheThings That We Could Be

"I love you so much. I have missed you so bad!" Frank said in the other room.

It woke me from my sleep. I put my head up and looked around. It was dark outside. Scratching my head and sitting up as far as I could in the bunk, I let my legs dangle out.

"I love you too and miss you too baby." I heard Lacey say and then I heard kissing sounds along with a few moans.

I jumped down and walked into our kitchen. Frank sat on the couch with Lacey. He jumped at the site of me.

"Well thanks Frank, I am glad that my prescence frightens you!" Laughing at his reaction and pouring myself a cup of coffee.

Frank laughed.
"Not at all dude..I just thought you were outside with the other guys."

"Oh? What are they doing outside?"

"Just messing around. Hanging out. There is some chick that works with our stage crew and I think Ray likes her." Frank grabbed Lacey's hand and kissed it.

"Oh. How cute." I said sounding disgusted. More so because I had to sit and watch Frank with Lacey. It was nauseating.

Frank jumped up and walked over to me, putting his hand on my back.
"Are you okay? Do you know something about this girl that Ray doesn't?"

"No, no, no. Has nothing to do with the girl Ray likes. I don't even know her." I sipped my coffee, letting the steam warm my face.

"Oh, then why the sarcasim?"

Frank looked so cute when he was really concerned or confused about something.

"Was there sarcasim?" I played stupid. There is no way I am going to talk about why I am really being bitchy.

"Just a lil" Frank said putting his thumb and index finger together showing a pinch.

I looked over at Lacey, she was looking at me, and then looked down at her lap.
Frank was still looking at me with a goofy grin on his face when I glanced back at him.

"pfft. Alright, I'm going outside. I need a cigarette."

There were whispers behind me as I walked out of the bus. My hair was messy and I was still wearing my black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and boots.

"Hey, there is Gerard." Ray said walking over to me and guiding me closer to his "girl".

"Hi, I'm Abby." She extended her hand out to me.

"Hi Abby, I'm Gerard." shaking her hand and then taking another sip of my coffee.

"I know silly. I only work for you guys." Abby said smiling at everyone around.

"Oh..of course."

Bob and Mikey were off to the side talking. Ray started flirting again with Abby.

I sat down in the chair near the bus and sat my coffee on the table next to me. Lighting up a cigarette and taking a long first drag. I stared off into space, thinking about my life. Thinking about how lucky I am to have such success and such great friends. Then why do I feel unhappy? Why do I feel empty inside. Mikey has Alicia, Bob has Nicky, Frank has Lacey and now Ray may have this girl Abby. Am I ugly? Am I that odd, that no girls get me? I know I work hard, but I would still make time for a girl. This hole in my heart needs to be filled and I believe that I could be a great boyfriend. I would treat a girl right, make her feel special. I just feel lonely and want someone to lean on. Lacey and I have this connection, I can feel it. Never in my life have I felt this way about a girl. How could I think these things though? Frank is my best friend and I do not want to jepardize our friendship.

Mikey again, breaking my thoughts, tapped me on the shoulder.
"Hey, what's up?"

I looked up at him, "Not too much, just havin' my coffee and nicotine."

"Well, Bob and I were going to go to Starbucks and wanted to know if you wanted to go with us, but if you already have your coffee then..."

"No, I will go. You know I can never get enough coffee!" I laughed and shoved my little brother.
I stood up and put him in a head lock and rubbed my knuckles on his head.

"Ow stop! You're messing up my hair!" Mikey screamed all muffled into my chest.

"Oh waaaaa. My hair! Since when did you become so girly Mikey?" letting him go and laughing.

"I am not girly. I just want my hair to look good. Clearly you don't give a fuck what your hair looks like." he said pointing to my hair.

"You're right, I don't. You either like the guy with the messy hair and sexy eyes or you don't."

Mikey and I laughed and Bob rolled his eyes at us, but still grinned.
"Come on, let's go Ways..I need coffee!" Bob yelled walking ahead of us.

I turned to put my cigarette out and saw Lacey and Frank walking out of the bus. Looking at her now, long black hair flowing over her shoulders and her turn to smile at me. I smiled back at her, thinking of all the things she and I could be. Quickly shaking that thought out my head, I turned to follow Bob and Mikey.