Water cooler Romance

The View Outside Is Sterile

"So we are suppose to meet Lacey at this dance studio nearby. I asked her if she could dance for us. She really didn't want to, but I convinced her and she said she actually has a dance made up to one of our songs!" Frank announced to all us in practice.

"Wow, that's cool man, I can't wait." Ray said tuning his guitar.

"Yeah it will be awesome to see. I bet she is really good." I smiled at Frank and fiddled with the cord on the mic.

"She is, she is a beautiful, amazing dancer. You will love it."

I could feel the happiness radiating from Frank's body. He is so happy and bouncy. More bouncy than usual, and that's saying something. Looking down at my feet, I stared at the lining on my shoe until it blurred.

"Ready?!" Bob yelled, startling me. "One, two, three!"

The drums found their rhythm, followed by the guitars, "Hand in mine, into your icy blues"...............

"Ahh, you guys made it! I am soooo excited!" Ok, just sit in those seats down there, front row of course, and let the show begin. I hope you like what I have put together." Lacey said to us motioning us to go sit.

She is beautiful. Her hair to her mid back, straight, black and shiny. Wearing a small t-shirt and small clingy bike shorts underneath and nothing on her feet. We sat down in the seats she guided us to. Frank grabbed her and spun her around. They kissed and he hugged her tight. Lacey squealed out loud, then leaned in whispering she loved him. Frank smiled and responded back that he loved her too.

"Ok, here goes nothing!" she said as she ran up the stairs to the stage. Someone who worked there turned the music on and she began to flow across the stage with ease.
Music that blared around us of familiar tunes. I reconized my voice singing the words, "When after all this time that you still owe, you're still a good for nothing I don't know..."

Lacey flipped in the air and swayed her arms around as if acting out the words to the song. Spinning in circles and landing perfectly after her flips. The music gets quiet, I whisper, "When you go...would you have the guts to say, I Don't Love You, Like I Loved you, YESTERDAY!!" as I screamed 'yesterday' Lacey is now kneeling on the floor and pounding the floor with her fists. Feeling the emotion that we portrayed in this song, seeing it acted out how I wrote the lyrics, started to bring a tear to my eye. She got up and swayed all over the stage, throwing her legs up into a split in the air. It was very entertaining and very beautiful. I may be able to write emotion, but she can dance it.

The music stopped and Lacey stood still. Breathing heavy, since she had been moving for over 3 minutes non stop. We clapped and whistled. Frank ran up on the stage and grabbed Lacey.

"Ahh, I'm all sweaty Frank."

"I don't care." he smiled and kissed her.

The rest of us got up and walked up the stairs to congratulate her.

"That was incredible..it really was." Bob said.

"Yeah it was amazing." Mikey said smiling ear to ear.

"Thanks so much guys."

"I told you she was great." Frank said pulling Lacey closer.

"It was so entertaining and mind blowing." Ray said shaking his head.

"I know, I can't believe some of the flips you do and run and then..just...stop. Wow, truely amazing." I said tilting my head and gazing in her direction.

"Wow thanks guys, I will have to show you my work more often so I can get all these nice compliments after my instructor puts me down time to time!" Lacey giggled.

"I have no idea why he is putting you down..you are ....perfect." I said unware that I had jumped in before Frank could respond.

"Yeah well, he is tough, but he is what made me who I am today, and for that, I am thankful." smiling, Lacey looked back at Frank and kissed his lips softly.

I felt this wave of jealousy come over me, and I know I should not be having these emotions. What is going on with me?

"I need a smoke." Bob announced.

Mikey and Ray walked behind Bob, headed out the door for a few minutes.

"Yeah me too, I will come with you." I said checking my pocket for my cigs and lighter.
I walked behind my brother and turned to give Frank and Lacey a small wave.
They didn't notice since they were too busy sucking each others faces. I felt this stab in my stomach and I thought I was gonna lose my lunch. Turning back and heading out the door, I yelled at myself for feeling this way.