Water cooler Romance

If You Took The Time To Notice Me

That night Frank and Lacey cuddled in Frank's bunk with the curtain closed. Everyone was in their bunk asleep. Lacey laid next to Frank on her side, facing him and sitting up on one arm. Her other hand stroking Frank's hair.

"You were incredible today." Frank said muffled as he kissed Lacey's neck. He kissed softly, nibbled some on her neck down to her shoulders.

"Thanks. I really put in some time thinking about how I wanted to dance to that song."

"Well, it was amazing..and you are so graceful on the dance floor. I....I love you Lacey."

"I love you too Frank." Lacey said leaning into him and kissing him on the lips.

Frank and Lacey kissed for awhile. There was rustling of the sheets and a few giggles.

I can't stand to hear this. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much. Frank is happy, and when he is happy, I am happy. For some reason, I can't stop thinking about her as if she were mine. Never have I felt a connection with a girl like this before. Physically and socially, but I just can't keep having these thoughts. It's not right.

I put my ipod on and put the buds in my ears, rolled over and drowned the sounds out with my tunes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon. I sat up a little in my bed and looked around. My curtain was still closed and it sounded like most of the guys were still asleep. Scratching my head and throwing my feet over the side of the bed, I opened the curtain and jumped down.

I was wearing my soft black pajama pants and an old Back to the Future t-shirt. Catching a glance at myself in the window, I noticed my hair was a mess.

Lacey peeked around the corner and then smiled at me.

"Well, good morining sleepy head." Lacey said as she poured me a cup of coffee.

"Morning. Wow, this all smells so good." I looked around to see bacon frying in the pan, pancakes already made and stacked on a plate, and a full pot of coffee.

"I know Frank doesn't eat bacon, but you guys do...and me too!" she handed me my cup of coffee.

"Thanks. Well, this is a change for sure. We rarely wake up to cooked food here in the bus for us in the mornings." I took a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah I kinda figured. That's why I wanted to do this for you guys. Try to make you feel as comfortable and close to home as you could." she flashed that sexy smile at me and put the cooked bacon onto a plate.

Lacey wiped her hands on the the dishtowel and started to walk over to me.

"Look at your hair!" she laughed "it looks like you stuck your finger in a socket!"

"Gee, thanks.." I said with a smirk.

Lacey started playing with my hair and trying her best to tame it down with her fingers.

"What are you doing? You notice you are always playing with my hair?" I said pointing her out.

"I'm sorry. I just love your hair. It has a mind of its own! Frank's hair is nice, but its also tamed and sits nicely on his head. " she started laughing again, " your hair is longer and wild!"

She straightened it out a little better and brushed my face lightly with her fingers.

"There, that's better."

I put my coffee down and stood up.
"I need to have a smoke, wanna come outside and keep me company?"

"Sure." she said and slipped on her shoes.

We walked out of the bus and I was about to sit in the chair out front, but noticed Lacey kept walking. So I walked fast to catch up to her.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Ahh, I just wanted to walk a little. Is that okay, or do you want to go back to the bus?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah sure, we can walk. Are you cold?"

"A little, but I will be fine."

Lacey and I walked side by side. I lit up my cigarette and put the lighter back in my pocket. We talked about Frank wanting her to stay longer and maybe her working for us for awhile. Joking about the video games that Ray and Mikey are so inthralled in.

We came upon a little alley way between the coffee shop and vintage store. She stopped and leaned against the wall.

"I hope I can stay longer. I will have to talk to my coach." she rubbed her arms quickly trying to keep warm.

I put my cigarette out and looked up at her. " You are cold! You have goose bumps! Come here." I unthinkably grabbed her and put my arms around her.

Suprisingly she cuddled into my chest.

"Thanks. How do you stay so freakin' warm in a t-shirt and pajama pants! I am wearing the same thing as you and I am not that warm!" she said muffled into my shirt.

"Cause I'm a guy..shit I don't know." laughing and holding her tight.

At this moment I realized that I was holding Lacey in my arms. Biting my bottom lip, I looked around.

"Wow, your heart is beating really fast." she said muffled in my chest again.

"Huh?"

"Your heart...I can hear it...and its beating fast. Are you okay?" Lacey looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine. I just...I...umm," I nervously laughed and looked around, then back down at her into her eyes.

Leaning against her I could feel her body pressed up against mine. My hands wrapped around the curves of her waist. She looked up at me in confusion as I leaned in close to kiss her.