Forever

Making the Band

I got Ray, Matt and Mikey together and we started playing local bars. People started to notice us.
The first song I really wrote was called Skylines and Turnstiles. My memories, with lyrics like, "This broken city sky, like butane on my skin, stolen from my eyes, hello, Angel, tell me, Where are you? Tell me where we go from here?" I'm not sure kids in the local venues knew what I was talking about, but I did.

We really wanted another guitarist, someone to play rhythm. Ray heard about this guy Frank Iero who had been to a few of our shows. He liked us. His previous band just broke up.

We asked him to do a few practices with us. He was really good. I loved his spirit, he would jump around on stage and really get into our music. He was ours..we claimed him. Matt fell short on some songs. I guess his heart just wasn't into it. We understood, but asked him to stay with us until we could find a replacement.

Mikey heard of this guy Bob Bryar from Chicago. We called him up and asked him if he would like to practice with us and maybe even do a few shows. He jumped at the chance.
I have never seen someone drum like Bob before, he was incredible. I got tired just watching him sometimes.

We became bigger and bigger. People grew to know us as My Chemical Romance. Our second album sold over one million copies in the United States.
Two years later we released our third album. Selling 1,169,697 copies.