Forever

I love you Allie

I walked into my room and threw my bag on the floor next to my bed, slamming my bedroom door. I sat on my bed, staring into space. I couldn't feel my toes, my fingers, my nose. My lips were starting to get chapped from the weather. I heard Mikey coming in the house, his footsteps coming closer down the hall. He opened the door and peaked in.
"Want company?" he asked me. "I walked home with Allie today. I was wondering where you were. She was really upset. She said you are mad at her, and you just left school in a hurry. So are you mad at her?"
"What? NO! I'm not mad at her. Why would she think that? I'm mad at myself." I said running my fingers through my hair. "I will call her later and explain. I just, need some time alone."
"okay." Mikey mumbled, turned and left the room closing the door behind him. I layed back on my bed. Staring at my ceiling. Staring so hard until it was blurry. My eyelids fluttered and I started to drift off into a deep sleep.
I woke up to someone sitting next to me on my bed. It seemed like 10 mins that I had been sleeping. I heard Mikey faintly saying, "He has been sleeping for like two hours."
"Mikey I told you I wanted to be alone." I said rubbing my eyes and starting to sit up. When I finally opened my eyes, I noticed Mikey sitting across from me on his bed. Allie sitting next to me.
"Oh, hey. Sorry." was all I could get out.
"Do you want me to go?" she asked.
"No no, don't go. Actually, I wanted to talk to you. I'm sorry I was rude to you in the hallway today and I left without you on the way home today."
"It's okay, I know you were upset. Josh is a jerk and I figured you needed some time to yourself anyway." she said staring down at her zipper on her coat.
"No its not okay. I should not have treated you like that. I was upset, but that is no reason to treat you the way I did. I was rude. I'm sorry.
It's just...that picture. I was going to show you it. I just drew it a few days ago. I don't draw you. I have never drawn you before. It's just I thought it would be a good idea. And it came out so great. I was really proud of myself. I don't want to freak you out, and I'm sorry if I did." I remember saying all this in a rush, trying not to be interuppted, trying to get it all out in one breath before she could say anything.
Allie layed her hand on my cheek. "Its beautiful. I am not freaked out, not in the least. I love it. I want you to draw more. More of me or whatever you want. No matter what it is, it will be beautiful. You are good at what you do Gerard. You will be someone someday. Everyone will know your name, and you will touch hearts. I know it. I see it, and I feel it. I believe in you." Allie looked at me, the sun shining through my window caught her eyes. I knew from that moment.. her eyes were hazel. Sometimes they looked green, sometimes golden brown. Just like mine. That's is where I reconized them.
" I don't understand. You barely saw the drawing. How can you say its beautiful?" I asked.
She took her hand off my cheek and put her hand into her pocket, pulling out a picture that had been pieced and taped back together. She unfolded it and looked down at it for a second. Then looking up at me, a half grin on her face and a tear rolling down her cheek. She handed me the paper. I looked down at it. It was my drawing of her, taped together.
"How did you.." she interruppted me saying, "after you walked off, I gathered all the pieces and put them in my folder. I taped them back together in art. I was waiting for you to look up at me and ask me what I was doing, but you never did. So I held on to it. I know its not the same, but its not gone." she said tucking her hair beind her ear.
I will never forget that day. Her eyes sparkling in the sun, her staring at me, not blinking. I knew then that I was falling. Falling completely in love with this girl. I wiped the tear off her cheek. She smiled at me and hugged me tight. I hugged her back, not wanting to let go. I love you Allie Lane, I thought.