Forever

Best Day of My Life

Junior year was worse. Josh not only picked on me, but now my little brother Mikey who was now a freshman going to the same school as Allie and I. Josh would throw food at us in the cafeteria. Wad up paper into balls and throw them at me in class. He was still trying to do everything he could to win Allie over. She still, a year later, ignored his presence.
I would sit in class, having visions of me beating the crap out of him. In my day dreams, he was my height. I grabbed his jacket, throwing him against the lockers. Punching him in the mouth, splitting his lip. Blood dripping immediately to the floor. His face meeting my fist again, only this time in the eye. People standing around laughing, pointing, forming a circle. "Fight! Fight! Fight!" they all would yell. I won. I took him down. I didn't care about people thinking differently of me. I just cared about beating Josh Ludo's face in.
"Mr. Way, please pay attention." my math teacher would shout at me to get me to snap back into reality. Josh and his friends laughing in the back right corner of the room, throwing another wad of paper at my head, missing that time.
I met Allie at her locker. We talked about our next English exam, what we wanted for lunch, and new shoes that she just got the day before. Mikey strolled up putting his arm around Allie's shoulders. My little brother was getting so big. He was as tall as Allie and I now, or maybe a little taller than Allie.
He joked with her, poking her and teasing her, causing her to laugh and shove at him. I stood and watched. Mesmerized by her smile. Her tossing her hair behind her shoulder. She wore a skirt with black leggings and little shoes with bows on them. A red shirt with a big gray star on the front. A chain dangling from her neck, red beads with a silver star on the end. A red glitter headband standing out in her dark black hair. I tilted my head slightly to the right, watching her. She was becoming more beautiful everyday.
"Hey you, wake up! What are you thinking about?" Allie nudged me.
"Nothing. Just...day dreaming again I guess."
Just then Josh walked by grabbing Allie by the waist. It happened so fast Mikey and I could not react fast enough.
"Let me go you jerk." Allie yelled pulling at his hands.
"Oh come on Allie! You know you want me! Why do you hang out with these losers! I just don't get it. This one.." he said pointing at Mikey, "is a freshman and is skinnier than you! And this one," he continued pointing at me, " is weird, quiet and just plain annoying. What do you see in him? Has he even made a move on you? Is he gay or something?" he laughed at his own joke. "Come on Allie, let me wine and dine you." He begged.
"He is NOT gay and actually, he has made a move on me." Allie said.
My head swung so fast at her that I almost gave myself whiplash.
"Huh? Are you serious? You are with him?" Josh asked.
"You heard me, he is my boyfriend." Allie grabbed my hand, stood on her toes, put her other hand on my cheek and kissed me. I felt my heart race faster. I closed my eyes and with my other hand, I grabbed her waist pulling her closer to me.
Mikey stood wide eyed. I thought Josh's mouth was going to hit the floor.
"You have got to be kidding me? What a freakin' joke! You are all a bunch of losers." Josh whined.
Allie broke our kiss first, turned to shut her locker door and pulled me towards the end of the hall to leave. Mikey laughed. And followed along with us. We walked away, leaving Josh to stand alone in his misery. Our backs to him walking towards the exit. I turned to look back at him, seeing him standing there looking so helpless and sad. Like a little boy who lost his mom in a store. I smiled at him. Bite me asshole, is all I could think. I smiled bigger seeing him start to get mad. I raised my eyebrows, and winked at him. He punched one of the lockers in his anger for losing the one girl he could not have. I threw my head back laughing. Walking between the two, I put my arms around Allie and Mikey. That was the best damn day of my life yet.