Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Dont Belong Here

Two weeks later and the tour’s almost over. Eric and I text constantly….almost constantly…and I guess things are okay…for the moment. There’s this big party tonight though and Kevin, Joe, Nick, Miley and I are all invited and then around 8:00 Eric is supposed to be picking me up so we can hang out. Right now it’s 5:30 and Miley and I are in her room, picking out something to wear. Once we did, we put on our outfits, makeup and did our hair. We were about to leave until Anna called my cell phone.

“Hello?”

“Oh my gosh! Rachael I have amazing news! You’re going to be in Camp Rock!” she squealed and then so did I.

A while back, I auditioned for Camp Rock…no specific roll though…just to be in the movie.

“Oh my gosh!”

“Yea, the guys are going on tour for about two months but then they’ll be heading to Canada where you’ll already be, getting to know everyone…you didn’t get any big roll, but there’s no such thing as small parts and you play as a random dancer…you’ll find out more when you get there…but yes, I just had to let you know”

“Okay, bye Anna,” I laughed and hung up.

“What was that about?” Miley asked as we skipped down the stairs.

“I’m going to be in Camp Rock,” I sang.

“No way! That’s awesome!”

“What’s awesome?” Mandy Jirox asked as we walked out of the house and into her.

She’s become really close with us…her and Miley are best friends and now so are we. “Rach got a part in Camp Rock,” Miley sang with enthusiasm.

“Congratulations,” Mandy cooed as she hugged me and I laughed.

We all got into a small, black car and the driver drove us to the location and we all stared out the window in awe. The house was huge and gorgeous. Lights were flickering all over the place and music was blasting. We all got out and just stood there, side by side. Then we all linked arms and walked up to the door, we walked in as we let go of each other and looked around. Music was blaring throughout the house and everyone was dancing in what looked like an over-sized living room.

“Lets go dance!” Mandy yelled and we all headed over to the crowd of teenagers.

I noticed everyone looked…good. Most of the guys were wearing suits/nice clothing and the girls were skirts or just simply amazing clothing. It was like a fancy, slash, wild party. I felt a little uncomfortable with the dancing, so I slipped out and started looking around for Nick, Joe and Kevin. They should’ve been here by now.

“Looking for someone?” a voice asked.

I spun around and there stood Nick. “There you are, I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” I said and hit his arm.

“Well I’ve been looking for you too…dancing a little too much?”

“Yea…just a little…I was going to get a drink, care to join me?”

“I’d be honored” he said and followed me with his hands in his pockets.

We both grabbed diet Pepsis. “Umm…I’ll be in Camp Rock with you guys,” I said suddenly and he choked a little on his drink.

“Rachael! That’s great! I cant wait! It’s going to be so exciting,” he cooed and I laughed.

“Yea, I’m pretty siked myself,” I agreed and we were silent.

“Want to dance?” he asked and I gave him a look. “I wont let anyone get too close to you,” he said with a laugh and I nodded.

He took my hand and led me to everyone else and we started dancing to the fast music. Luckily Miley wasn’t around…for the moment. Some people pushed me lightly so I was forced to get close to Nick as the same thing happened to him. I blushed slightly and I noticed he did the same but we just got back into the music…but I have to admit…we got a little too into the music.

I’ll spare you the details but I’m sure you could picture it. We’re just friends and we were dancing in a friendly way…but I guess our emotions got the better of us at one point. Soon enough…it slowed down. It was a slow song now and Nick and I just stared at each other…catching our breath. I was about to walk away but he grabbed my wrist lightly and pulled me back in as I rested my other hand on his shoulder…and we began to slow dance.

“Wow…Nick Jonas slow dances,” I joked.

“Shut up…you know I can slow dance”

“Yes I know…but I like teasing you about it,” I said and he rolled his eyes at me.

I smiled at him and then wrapped my arms around his neck with a playful smirk. “You know…if Eric was here right now, people would start thinking much differently of all three of us,” he said and my heart dropped as my smirk did too.

“Oh no…what time is it?” I asked and looked at his watch.

“I have to go,” I said and rushed toward the entrance as Nick followed.

We raced toward the door and Joe and Kevin were talking to some guys, once Joe and Kevin saw us, they raced after us and then so did the other few guys. We all got outside and there I saw Eric standing by his pickup truck.

“Hey,” I smiled as I walked over to him. He just stared blankly at me and then at the guys and the house.

“What am I doing here Rachael?” he asked quietly.

“You’re picking me up,” I said, like it was most obvious.

“No I mean…what am I doing here,” he said but I was quiet. “Why do I feel like I’m competing for your heart?” he asked, more gently.

“I don’t know…you’re misunderstanding everything” I said, more gently as well.

“I don’t think I am…you still care for him,” he said in a more hushed tone so no one else would hear and immediately I knew who he was talking about.

“Of course I do, he’s my best friend”

“No…you still love him…you always have loved him…you cant love me the way you love him”

“Eric…”

“Rachael…I don’t belong here…” he gestured to the huge house.

I don’t even think I belong here, is what I wanted to say, but I didn’t.

“And I don’t think you and I belong together…maybe at one point I thought that but not anymore…” he said in a normal tone so now they could hear again.

“But Eric…” I said, now on the verge of tears.

“Goodbye Rachael,” he said and got in his truck and I watched him leave as I felt the tears coming faster.

“Hey…it’s going to be okay,” Nick said as he wrapped an arm around me and I wiped away a tear or two.

“Come on gentlemen, we have a broken heart to mend,” Joe ordered and the rest of the guys agreed. Nick led me back inside and the broken heart mending party began.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have to admit that i got the idea from a Gilmore Girls episode haha i couldnt resist myself
comments please :)

<<333