Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Honor Society

It’s September 3rd. The Burnin Up tour ended. It’s kind of sad, but kind of exciting too, because it just means I’ll be doing my own head lining tour soon. Plus! Anna got me a few guest staring rolls on a few shows. I’ve always wanted to act…and I’m kind of hoping it’ll lead somewhere…but I’m also hoping it doesn’t get in the way of singing. I found out one of those appearances will be on Hannah Montana though…Miley doesn’t know yet {so I’ve heard} but on the plus side, the you tube feuding has stopped. So that’s good. Nick has been doing pretty well with the whole “no contact” thing…but he’s gonna break soon, I just know it…but then again, three more days and the bet will be over. He found a loop hole though, which was so not fair.

Flashback

We went to the VMAs and we were separated, taking pictures but then out of no where he comes over to me with Joe and Kevin and he slips his arm around my waist, I tried to hide my shocked emotion.

“You’re so cheating,” I whispered but kept a smile on my face.

“I am not, I’m simply posing for pictures with my best friend, what’s wrong with that?” he asked with a smile I melted for.

“Not fair,” I said and laughed as he laughed too.

I was all smiles, making my way down the red carpet with my boyfriend stuck to me like glue…but then I saw Miley and my smile dropped. She was with Taylor. Lately they had been seen around everywhere with each other and EVERYONE found out about the 27 second break up call with Joe. Miley was laughing at first, at something her and Taylor were talking about to each other…then she saw me and her smile dropped. I think I had a sad look on my face because Nick grabbed my hand slightly and gave it a soft squeeze. She mirrored my look. I started walking in her direction and she started walking in mine…but before we could even call out each others name, we were cut off my paparazzi and other celebrities…we never got the chance to talk. I was really upset by it all but I couldn’t let it get to me because I was performing later on that night.

End Flashback

We haven’t seen or spoken to each other since. I have to admit, I miss Miley a lot. She was my best friend…and then that whole thing happened. I love Demi and Selena to death and I wouldn’t trade them for the world…I just wish Miley was part of it too. Right now I’m at a Seventeen magazine photo shoot. They have me wearing all different kinds of clothes that were so my style. I was in the dressing room, changing into my fifth outfit of the day, while I had Nick on speaker phone.

“Nick I’m going to the table reading for Hannah Montana in two days and I still don’t think Miley knows,” I complained.

“Well then she’ll be in for a surprise,” he chuckled softly.

“This is so not funny”

“I’m sorry…maybe if I kissed you it would be all better”

“And you were doing so well,” I joked.

“I cant stand three more days!” he complained.

“So I win?”

“No way”

“Didn’t think so”

“I was just thinking about you

“I’m perfectly fine”

“Mean” he mumbled.

“But you love me…”

“Why are we still doing this bet anyway? There’s not really a point to it,” he mentioned and I hesitated to answer.

I remembered the real reason why I brought up the bet…I got the courage to say it. “Joe broke Taylor’s heart…how do I know you wont break mine…” I muttered quietly.

I left out the word again. No reason to make him feel worse. “Rachael…” he said sincerely and gently with so much emotion and meaning in his voice. “You know…” he started but it sounded like he couldn’t finish.

“Hey, hey look, I didn’t mean to bring this up…I have to go now but I’ll call you later, when I’m done okay?” I asked.

“Alright, call me later,” he sighed and I hung up as I walked out the door. I spun around quickly and wasn’t paying attention…so I bumped into something and fell to the ground.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry,” I apologized.

“Why are you apologizing when you’re the one on the ground,” the voice asked. “It’s my fault,” the voice said.

In front of me stood a man around his late twenties, he held his hand out to me and helped me up. “I wasn’t watching where I was going, I really do apologize for my clumsiness, I was just in my own world”

“It’s really alright, everyone does it…”

“Yea well I think I do it more than I should, I get so caught up in Rachael-ville that I forget about everything else”

“Wow. Rachael-ville?”

“Yep, you should visit sometime,” I joked and he laughed.

“Michael Bruno,” he said, sticking out his hand to me. I shook it.

“Rachael Lewis,” I smiled.

“I know,” he chuckled. “You’re really talented”

“Thank you…are you in the business, I don’t think I know who you are”

“I’m in a band, we’re working our way up…which reminds me, can you point me in the direction of the recording room?” he laughed.

“You go down this hallway, make a left at the end and the room will be on your right” I laughed lightly. “In fact…I’ll walk you there…I’m doing a photo shoot but I’m on break anyway,” I shrugged and we continued walking.

“What’s the name of your band?”

“Honor Society”

“That’s an awesome name…do you think it would be alright if I listened in on your session?” I asked politely.

“That’s fine with me, it’d be great to get some feed back from you…but don’t you have to get back to the photo shoot?” he asked and I made a face.

“I suppose…” I said but before I could say anything else, the door opened.

“Mike, Mason’s late…again,” another man said.

Mason’s the guy that helps with recording sessions…but I know he’s getting fired…and that’s one of the reasons why. “Hey, maybe you can finish your shoot and then swing by just in time to hear us” Mike said.

“Yea! Okay I’ll try to be quick, try to stall,” I said excitedly as I started running back the way we came. “Hey you’re…!” the other man started to shout but I rounded the corner so I couldn’t hear him finish.

I got back and finished the photo session and finished up. Now it was the questionnaire. I sat down with a woman named Emily and she had a tape recorder in the middle of us on a small coffee table. I wanted to wait for Anna to get done with her business phone call but Emily suggested we moved along so I didn’t want to be rude…plus I was really looking forward to hearing this band. Yea, it’s kind of weird that they’re kind of older than me and I just met one of the members but I’m still interested. I always love hearing new music.

The interview went…well I suppose. Like any other interview…she asked questions about my life changing…questions about Nick…Miley…even Eric…other questions weren’t so bad. She asked about my music and performing and all that. Anna wasn’t too happy about the fact that Emily pushed the interview on me but I was too much in a rush to care.

“Come on Anna,” I said as I kept pulling her arm down the hallway.

“What’s so special about this one band you want to see?” she laughed.

“I don’t know, I just have a good feeling about them,” was all I said before we got to the door and I knocked. Mike answered.

“You made it,” he said happily.

“Yep,” I replied as he let me and Anna in.

“Guys this is…” he started to say but was interrupted.

“You’re Rachael Lewis!” four male voices exclaimed. I laughed lightly as Mike shook his head in embarrassment.

“Yes I am,” I smiled brightly as I shook all of their hands.

“We think you’re awesome,” they all said and I laughed.

“Guys…calm yourselves…Rachael this is Jason, he plays the guitar and keyboard, Andrew, he plays bass guitar and this is Alex, he plays the drums,” Mike introduced.

“What do you do?” I asked.

“I sing and play guitar…Jason and Andrew throw in a little back up because my voice needs the help”

“Well I’m Rachael and I sing, play guitar, drums and piano, and this is Anna, my manager,” I smiled. “But this isn’t about me, get in there and sing for me,” I encouraged.

“But our manager is yelling at Mason on the phone right now and Mason isn’t here…” Jason started to say.

“Dude, it’s not like I don’t know how to work a sound booth, all of you get in there,” I urged and they all just laughed at my enthusiasm and followed my orders.

Alex got behind the set of drums while Jason, Andrew and Mike stood behind three microphone stands and they all put on head sets. They only had the music from the guitars, that’s why they needed Alex playing the drums. I pressed a button so they could hear me

“You guys all set?” I asked.

“All set Rachael” they all said.

“Great” I said and released the button. “You can start Anna,” I told her.

“Starting,” she replied and hit a few buttons and the music began playing. Then Mike started singing.

You were always the girl
Who would give me girl advice
Whenever I needed it
My best friend in the world
My friend's thought you were fine
But I was always denying it


Jason and Andrew were singing quietly as backups.

Then one summer day
I saw you laying by your swimming pool
And I was thinking, "damn you really changed"
You're not the little girl I used to know
You opened up my eyes


Mike, Jason and Andrew were all making gestures to each other and they all seemed to understand…then when they came to the chorus they all started dancing a dance, I’ve never seen before but it was obviously choreographed.

I see you walk across my room in
Nothing but the moonlight, Now I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark
My window frames you like a Monet
Don't come back to bed yet, cause I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark

I started clapping as I smiled brightly and they stopped dancing as they smiled at me.

I see you {Jason sang}
I see you

In the dark {Andrew sang}

I see you {Jason sang again
I see you

Mike started singing again.

I'll never see you the same
The veil has been lifted
Now I see you're gifted
My whole perspective has changed
Don't think I can't go back
Cause I will always desire it

Jason and Andrew joined in.

Don't take another step
Near me, just in case we have regrets
Tomorrow we go back to being friends
I'll think about the way you looked tonight
Yeah, you opened up my eyes


The three of them started doing the same dance again.

I see you walk across my room in
Nothing but the moonlight, Now I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark
My window frames you like a Monet
Don't come back to bed yet, cause I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark

Maybe if you were someone else
It wouldn't have to be like this
I wonder how you feel about me now
Or was it just a friendly kiss, yeah
Cause I'm seeing you for the first time

Now it’s a guitar solo and I’m standing, dancing around and shaking my head like the rocker that I am. Then a man walked in. “Hello miss Lewis, how may I help you?”

“I just came to listen if that’s alright…Mike invited me…you must be the guys’ manager, it’s nice to meet you,” I shook his hand. “These guys are really good,” I complimented and he just stared at me like he was in shock. So I just shrugged and went back to watching.

I see you walk across my room in
Nothing but the moonlight, Now I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark
My window frames you like a Monet
Don't come back to bed yet, cause I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark

I see you
(I can see you)
{Andrew sang}
Walk across my room in
(In the moonlight)
{Andrew sang}
Nothing but the moonlight
Now I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark
My window frames you like a Monet
Don't come back to bed yet, cause I love to
See you in the dark, see you in the dark

The finished and I started jumping around and cheering and cooing them…then I noticed they were all giving me weird looks and they pointed to their ears. I flung the door open.

“I said…that was awesome guys! You’re all amazing! And you are definitely teaching me that dance,” I said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics=See You In The Dark by Honor Society
comments please?? :)