Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

So Blessed

I got to the Jonas’ because Nick told me I was spending the rest of the day with them. Anna couldn’t come because she had to get ready for her flight, the next day. She’s going to Europe for a few weeks because she was offered to go to school for directing. She had to hire a new manager for just the weeks that she’ll be absent but she said she doesn’t trust anyone else with me, so she’s only going a few weeks at a time. I only saw a picture of the replacement, I’ll meet her tomorrow.

I started walking up the steps when Nick flung open the door. “Where are the others?” he asked with a huge smile.

I didn’t answer though. I grabbed his hand and pulled him all the way outside and shut the door. His enthusiasm immediately went down.

“What’s wrong? What happened?”

“They had to go back to New Jersey tonight…Kayla and Brittany…their parents got into an accident…they didn’t make it Nick,” I said.

“What?” he asked in disbelief.

“The funeral is tonight…I was hoping it would be alright if I went back to New Jersey with them”

“Yea, of course, I’ll tell mom and dad and I’ll drive us to the air port…it’s okay if I come right?”

“Oh yea, obviously,” I said.

“Okay I’ll be right back,” he said and kissed my cheek before running inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It ended up being a trip for the whole family and we took Melissa, John, Alex and Luke on a private jet and it was really good to catch up on things with all of them. I missed talking to Mel. Her and John are finally together. Nick and I always talked about them getting together. Alex even has a girl!…he’s still a big ladies man though.

My POV

I was kind of shocked at first when I heard Rachael wanted to spend her birthday at a funeral for the parents of two girls that hated her guts…but at the same time, I expected it. That’s just the kind of person Rachael is known for being. As Melissa and Rachael caught up on things, Joe and Kevin were with me, John, Alex and Luke and we were all just talking. Then they all lowered their voices so they could ask me about Rachael. That took up a good ten minutes, but then Rachael and Melissa came over to us and asked what we were talking about. That was when Alex started teasing her about tripping on stage multiple times and he compared her to Joe.

Soon enough we landed and got to the cemetery. There was snow on the ground, it was 3:00 in the afternoon. A lot of people were showing up. Mom and dad took Frankie and found Brittany and Kayla’s relatives as Melissa, Alex, John and Luke went up to Brittany and Kayla and hugged them. Then they stepped to the side so the two of them could see me, Rea, Joe and Kevin. Their eyes grew and they all walked slowly over to us.

“Isnt today your birthday?” Kayla asked.

"Yea, what are you doing here?” Brit added.

That’s the first thing you say to the girl you tried humiliating after she comes all this way to be here for you on her birthday?… “I heard what happened…and I really am sorry,” Rea said and hugged Kayla first.

She was shocked by it, I could tell, but hugged back and cried into Rachael’s shoulder. Then Rea opened up an arm and brought Brittany in too and they both cried to her.

Then Brittany and Kayla let go of Rea to give Joe and Kevin hugs and then they both hugged me. “Thank you for coming,” they both whispered and I just nodded.

They’ve always known they weren’t my favorite people…and so they have to know that I only came because Rachael wanted to come…and I felt bad. Then I watched Rachael took Kayla and Brittany away before the ceremony began as Melissa followed and I saw Rachael getting Kayla and Brittany laughing and I smiled. She got her snow-filled birthday...even if it was spent at a funeral. How did I get so blessed by having Rachael in my life?
♠ ♠ ♠
it was short
but necessary

<<333