Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Temporary Home

My POV

I would go a thousand miles for Rachael but she just doesn’t get that. As Tyrus and I stood still, Faith and Rachael raced by us and our heads turned to look at them at the same time and I could just tell Tyrus liked Faith. Then he turned unexpectedly and I fell off…into mud. Tyrus came to my side and put his nose by my hair as I lifted my head. Rachael came running over to me, laughing.

“Are you alright?” she asked.

“Everything okay over here?” Miley asked as she came over laughing as well.

I didn’t respond, I just made a face and they both seemed to laugh harder. “Rach, why don’t you go hose Nick off and then show him to the shower, I’ll put faith and Tyrus back,” Miley said.

“Okay Miles,” Rea laughed.

I couldn’t help but watch Miley walk back to the barn with Tyrus and Faith as Rea and I walked in the other direction. I wasn’t looking at her the way I look at Rachael but I was looking at her with a look questioning what happened to us…to her. I never wanted us to go in complete different directions. I wanted to stay close with her. Our families are close. She’s my girlfriends best friend. I wanted to get back what we had before our relationship.

Rachael found amusement in spraying me with a hose. Even when all the mud was off, she continued to spray me so I chased after her, got the hose from her and started to spray her with it instead. Her laugh felt like a brand new song in my ears.

“Okay children, that’s enough,” Miley rolled her eyes at us.

Rachael and I exchanged looks, grabbed the hose together and sprayed Miley. She shrieked and looked at us in disbelief. Then she smirked and grabbed another hose out of no where and sprayed both of us.

After our fun, we all went inside to dry off. Rachael showed me to the shower and once I finished, I walked out and found her room. Her hair was in a high pony tail, she was in a different pair of pajama pants and a baggy t-shirt that was tied up in the back. She was sitting with her back against the bed and she had papers all around her and she was playing some random notes on the acoustic guitar. I knocked on the open door so she looked up and smiled at me. I walked in and sat next to her.

“What are you working on?” I asked.

“Just a song idea I was inspired to write down…”

“What’s it about?” I asked as I glanced at some words on all the sheets around her.

“Well all of these are just random songs I was thinking about working on, but this one song I wanted to finish because it’s important…it’s about life…home…I actually just finished it now,” she said and wrote something down.

“Can I hear it?” I asked and she smiled and nodded.

She began playing and singing. The words were so…well put, I guess you can say. They were so deep and emotional…and I could tell they come from what she was feeling.

“Rea…that was amazing…”

“For some reason I write country music when I’m only here in Tennessee” she said with a shrug. “But do you really like it?”

“Of course I do,” I said and she smiled.

“I forgot to ask…you came all the way here, alone?” I laughed lightly.

“No, Joe and Kevin came too with Big Rob but I sent them into town so I could have some time with you,” I said and she tilted her head to the side, I almost forgot to breathe. Then she kissed me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went into town and caught up with Big Rob, Joe and Kevin. Rachael asked Miley to come…at first she was hesitant…but then I told her she should come and she was still hesitant but agreed. When we caught up with my brothers, it was awkward at first while Joe and Kevin hugged Rachael but then they also hugged Miley and it was like everything fell into place after that. It was like nothing ever changed between Miley and all of us. We all just hung out and there was a fair today so we went. It was to raise money in order to save a farm nearby. Everything was going well…until we were noticed.

Rachael’s POV

I thought it would be nice if we went to the fair to just help out a cause…and I thought we were actually going to pull it off without being recognized…I was wrong. Soon enough a lot of fans came up to us and asked for autographs. It was okay at first but then things started to get out of hand so Big Rob had to make a path for us and then we were being asked to go up on stage and perform to help the cause. We were trying to ignore the requests as we were making our way toward the exit but then I felt a ping of guilt in my stomach so I grabbed Nicks hand.

“What will a few songs hurt?” I asked him and he starred at me for a couple seconds and then nodded.

So I smiled and darted for the stage as I dodged around people and they were all cheering and screaming. I got to the stage and two hot guys with no shirts on, lifted me up onto the stage…hey even though I have a boyfriend, doesn’t mean I cant think other guys are hot too…I just cant do anything about it.

My POV


“What is she doing?” Miley asked in a panic as Rea ran off.

“She’s doing what she does best…we’re here already so we might as well just help out,” I replied.

“Come on,” I smiled and ran around to get to the back of the stage as they all followed.

Rachael’s POV


“Ladies and gentlemen, Rachael Lewis!” the guy announced and they all crowded the front of the stage as I saw the others get around to the back of the stage.

The guy with the microphone shook my hand, said it was nice of me to do this. I whispered the type of song I was going to sing and then two stage crew guys came on the stage with a guitar, a stool and a microphone stand. I waved to the crowd and smiled brightly and adjusted the microphone.

“Okay so…this song is kind of emotional…and actually I just finished writing it about an hour ago not realizing I’ll be playing it for a crowd…I wrote it because it send out a message saying, no matter what kind of situation you’re in right now, thing’s will get better…it’s all just temporary…” I explained. “…you all are going to be the firsts to hear it…so let me know what you think,” I finished as I began to play the notes on the guitar and the crowd started to cheer and clap.

Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad, another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."

Then I heard a piano part playing and the crowd got louder. I looked behind me as a curtain opened up to reveal Nick on a piano and Joe was playing the tambourine.

Young mom on her own
She needs a little help got nowhere to go
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out
Cause a half-way house will never be a home
At night she whispers to her baby girl
Someday we'll find a place here in this world


Then Kevin came onto the stage playing a little electric guitar as Miley came on too, singing the words with me and I smiled at her as she made her way to me in the middle of the stage.

"This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home. {I sang alone}

I started singing by myself (I guess Miley didn’t know this part) and only Nick’s piano playing was heard as Joe, Kevin and I all stopped playing our instruments and I sang into the microphone.

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"
{I had a tear roll down my cheek}

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home
.

The song ended and the crowd went wild as ‘awes’ were heard. I stood up and Miley hugged me as I hugged back. Then we got the energy level to rise as we played our fast songs. We played three of my songs {including Strong and Nick and I sang What If since they were being requested a lot} then we played a few of Miley’s songs and then ended with the guys’ songs. At the end we all joined hands as Nick was in the middle of me and Miley. I was overjoyed to know that Nick and Miley were slowly getting back to the way they once were. At the end of the day, we saved the farm…I assured Nick that I would be back in California by the beginning of next week and I told him Miley and I just wanted a little more girl time so he agreed to leave with Joe, Kevin and Big Rob…no matter how much he wanted to leave Big Rob. Besides, I didn’t need any body guards…I felt at home here…or the closest thing to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics= Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood!
look it up!
the song rlly did make me cry

<<333