Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Back Together

My POV

I was so shocked to even see Rachael, let alone see her up on the stage. The first song she sang, I knew it was about the incident…then the second song…it blew me away. She wanted me to chase after her…she never wanted the fight to happen…she wanted to make up…but of course she’s just too damn stubborn. I don’t know why she would even assume that I would ever even think about cheating on her. I love her…I cant see myself with anyone else.

When she finished, I walked onto the stage to her, not caring if there were thousands of people watching. They all grew into a loud cheer filled with screams and claps and whistles. The trampoline went back down under the stage the piano came up in its place. Rea watched me with careful eyes as I sat down and moved over slightly so it would signal her to sit down next to me. She did and she continued to watch me as I began to play the beginning to Fly With Me. I started to sing. I looked up at first but then I turned my head slightly to look at Rachael and I sang to her.

If time was still
The sun would never, never find us
We could light up
The sky tonight
I would see the world through your eyes
Leave it all behind

Kevin and Joe came onto the stage and started to sing as Kevin was also playing some guitar as Joe started to sing (lightly) with me.

If it's you and me forever
If its you and me right now
That'd be alright
Be alright

We'll chase the stars to lose the shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

Oh yeah
Gonna fly with me now


She started to sing alone and the crowd went crazy.

Now the past
Has come alive
And give it meaning
And a reason
To give all I can
To believe once again

I joined in with her as and platform we were on (as we sat on the piano bench) started to spin slowly.

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
That'd be alright
Be alright
We'll chase the stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

I started to sing.

Maybe you were just afraid
Knowing you were miles away
From the place where you needed to be
{she sang}
And that's right here with me

We both sang together and slowly our faces started to inch closer and closer together as everyone thought we might kiss.

It's you and me forever
You and me right now
That'd be alright

She added her own notes on the piano and of course it sounded perfect…then I picked up the pace and we both continued singing as we shot our heads away from each other, smiling wildly.

We'll chase the stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We'll chase the stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly
Fly
Fly with me


We ended the song and the crowd began to cheer, scream, clap…the usual…but as I looked at Rachael and she looked back…all I saw was her. Then she did something that really shocked me…she kissed my lips quickly…in front of all of those people! I never would believe that she would ever do that…but she did. The crowd ‘awed’…some ‘booed’…but we could barely hear them. She looked at me and I smiled at her lightly…I didn’t care if thousands of people just saw us…I was happy she did it. She stood up.

“Rachael Lewis everybody!” Joe yelled and she bowed slightly and then ran off the stage.

I stood up and was about to chase after her but Joe grabbed the collar of my shirt to stop me.

“Whoa, where do you think you’re going? We still have a concert to finish,” he reminded me and the audience laughed.

So I sighed but smirked. I guess I’ll always live by the motto, “The show must go on”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the show ended I ran off the stage before any fan could scream “Will you marry me!” I shoved my guitar into the hands of a guy from stage crew and raced down the hallway.

“Nick!” both Joe and Kevin laughed as they watched me run down the hallway.

I ignored them and got to our dressing room and swung the door open…she wasn’t in there though. I walked in, in a panic, looking for her, the door slammed shut behind me so I spun around.

“Looking for someone?” her voice sang.

“Not anymore,” I smiled and pulled her into my arms as I kissed her passionately and my hands went to her neck.

After our long moment, I put my forehead against hers, still pecking her lips slowly and she giggled. “I’m so sorry…” peck. “I never wanted to hurt you like that…” peck. “It’ll never happen again…” peck.

As my hands were still on her neck, I looked into her eyes. “You can take my word on that one”

“Nick…just shut up and kiss me alright?” she requested.

I chuckled and gladly obliged. When we pulled away, I put my forehead against mine. “When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show it a thousand reasons to smile,” she recited.

I smiled at her. “It’s just a quote that I’ve had stuck in my head”

“I like it” I said and kissed her forehead. “I have a question for you…did you really smash the guitar I gave you?” I questioned, with nervousness in my eyes and I was sure she could see it.

“Of course not…that one was just a decoy,” she said and rolled her eyes at me as I sighed in relief. Then I kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333