Children of War

Imagine a world without war. A sparkling utopia of neverending peace. And everyone is happy. Why wouldn't they be? They get everything they could possibly want. It is an absolutely perfect world. Is it hard for you to see? Me too.

My name is Alex. My real name, the one my parents had chosen for me at my birth (from a pre-approved list of the most popular female names, perfect names that every parent wanted) is Elizabeth Drexel. But the people who know the real me, the only people who matter in my life, know me as Alex.

I am an anarchist, a terrorist, a Rogue. I was born into perfection but saw instead a dystopia and an atrophying human race. I am a philosopher and an abnormality. I am a member of a tiny outlet of those who are born with different eyes and different minds. Eyes that see our world as something sick and tainted. Minds that follow paths darker than those of other members in society. I am a spy and a liar. I am a killer who has destroyed lives for my beliefs in cold blood. I have attempted to destroy the glass world that was built for us after the Elites and Bishops decided, long ago, that humans needed to be "saved".

My name is Alex and I am 15 years old.