The Best Summer Ever The Summer Of 09'

Catch Me When I Fall

“What are you doing?!” I hissed, Ellie starred down at me widening her eyes.

“How come I didn’t get the memo Kevin Jonas was at your house?!” She whispered viciously.

“Because I didn’t get the memo till this afternoon, now get your ass down here” I yelled, she looked around and stuck out her tongue.

“Come on” I yelled, she starred down at the floor and held on tight to the branch.

“I can’t” Her voice stated with no emotion as she looked nervously around.

“What do you mean you can’t, you got yourself into this mess now come down” I frowned putting my hands on my waist.

“Ellie I’m scared of heights I can’t get you” I continued, she gulped and her eyes narrowed.

“But your strong you can catch me” Her voice grew hopeful and she smiled like it was the answer to all of her problems, I laughed.

“Ok sure, I’m strong, but I can’t catch you”

“Sure you can, if you believe” Her voice rolled on and I cracked up in sarcastic laughter.

“Ok, thanks for the inspirational quote Dr. Phil, but my ass is not going up that tree or catching you” She sighed in frustration and glanced down stepping on a branch.

“Not that branch! Ellie!” I yelled, she stepped on the small branch which broke with a loud crack and I ran under her breaking her fall. We fell to the floor and she crushed me into the soft grass which at this point didn’t seem so soft anymore.

“I hate you” I grunted rubbing my head while I sat up.

“You broke my fall how sweet!” Ellie squeezed me into a tight hug while I rolled my eyes.

“You broke my ass, and that wasn’t so sweet” I stated still being hugged tightly.

“Now get off of me” The front door flew open and everyone walked outside.

“Ellie?” My mom stated walking over toward us to get a better view.

“What happened here?”

“I told you to get a security system” I told my dad getting up and extending my hand to help Ellie up.

“Are you two alright?” Denise asked sweetly walking over to us.

“Yes” Ellie glanced up to have her lips twist up in a foolish grin to see the mother of the Jonas Brothers standing in front of her.

“Now Mr. Johnson, you wouldn’t mind inviting in your weekend daughter for a plate would you?” Ellie lifted her eyebrows smiling at my dad who took a deep breath in.

“I guess” He laughed while we all walked in back into the house Ellie close behind.

“Grab a plate” I motioned my head toward the plates and I felt sore on my back, I could tell a bruise was going to form. But of course Ellie was too busy to listen to me, because the only candy of her eye was Kevin who was smiling at her.

“Hi” He stated walked up to her, she took a deep breath in and had the same foolish grin I had when I first met them.

“Since she’s too stunned to speak, this is Ellie” I smiled pushing her lightly into Kevin making him turn a bright red.

“I’m Kevin” He smiled; she grinned a toothy grin and sighed.

“I know” She giggled ruffling her hair up a bit. He blushed and actually stuttered the words want to have a seat next to me, it was rather adorable. They walked off and I laughed silently rinsing my plate, after being crushed to a close death I had lost my appetite.

“Hey” I looked in the doorway to see Nick smiling sweetly leaning lightly on the doorframe.

“Hi” I grinned drying my plate and putting it in the cabinet.

“It got loud out there so I figured I’d hang out here with you, if that’s fine with you of course” He smiled standing up straight.

I nodded and sat down on the counter.

“Totally fine” I smiled while he entered the kitchen area and took a seat at one of the high chairs.

“Hey while you’re in there can you put away those dishes?” My mom’s voice rang; I frowned and laughed jumping down from the counter.

“I can help” Nick offered walking over by me while I put the cups in the cabinet.

“I got it” I smiled closing the cabinet and turning around seeing his face only inches from my mine. His hand was rested on the cabinet above my head and my heart raced so fast I could have fainted. He glanced at my eyes then to my lips, he leaned in very slowly looking hesitant, then I tilted my head away from nervousness.

“I-I’m sorry” He smiled looking down frowning as if he were mad at himself. I cleared my throat and smiled.

“It’s ok no harm done” I assured while he stood up straight so I was able to slide by him. He looked at me and I smiled putting away the plates.

Nick and me eventually talked while we washed and put away dishes. We laughed and I got to know things about him that haven’t been mentioned in magazines, and he got to know me better. Then of course eventually the fun had to end and it was time to go to bed. It was around midnight and I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower and change into my pajamas. After drying my body I slipped on my tank top and shorts and then slipped out the door to bump into Nick.

“I’m sorry” I laughed he smiled and took a deep breath in.

“Look I’m sorry about today at dinner, I shouldn’t have done that, I don’t want things to be awkward between us, if we can just act normal, I don’t know what came over me” Nick began rambling and rubbing the back of his head on occasion running his fingers through his hair.

I smiled and nodded my head standing up on my tippy toes and kissing his cheek.

“Goodnight Nick, and no harm done” I smiled walking past him toward my room. Before I entered the room he sighed.

“Night” I smiled to myself and walked through the door and leaned my back against it letting myself slide down it. God I was love struck and I felt I was on top of the world.

“Hola” I heard Joe’s voice say and then I saw him sitting on my bed waving.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned making him smirk.

“So you crushing on my little brother?” Joe questioned raising his eyebrows and entwining his fingers. I laughed nervously and smiled.

“Nope” I stated running my fingers through my hair.

“Are you sure about that?” Joe smiled standing up and walking over toward me.

“Eh Maybe just a little” I showed the amount with my finger making him call out in success.

“Yes this is perfect! I totally approve of you for Nick” Joe laughed.

“Wait what are you talking about Joe, I’m not going to force him to like me” He smiled and pointed a finger at me.

“Who said you’re forcing him, he obviously has something for you”

“Jeez Joe, no he doesn’t what are you now the love guru?” I asked, he shook his head no and took a deep breath in.

“I’ve always been the love guru” He corrected making me laugh and shake my head no.

“I need sleep Joe, goodnight”

“Rashel!” He whined while I pushed him out of the room and closed my door.

“Night Joe” I yelled through the door hearing him huff and walk away. I shook my head laughing a little and pulling down my blankets and fixing my pillows. I then laid down turning out the lights closing my eyes and falling into a nice sleep.

ASHLEY’S POV

Rashel had told me to go to her room at one in the morning she had to tell me something and that it was huge news and probably make the whole summer, she then said she couldn’t talk and stopped texting me. So now here I am climbing through her window to see her. I easily climbed the tree and fell onto the small balcony she had and opened the slide door. This was crazy I had known her ever since 8th grade, I don’t understand why she can’t just give me a key, I practically live here anyways. When I walked in she was sound asleep and there was a guy looking through her drawers which of course made me panic. So I grabbed a bat and stepped closer to him. He turned around and let out a yell making me yell and swing at him. He quickly ducked and laughed successfully.

“Swing again sweetheart” He laughed, I screamed and dropped the bat kicking him in the most obvious place making him drop to his knees.

“Didn’t miss that time!” I laughed in success jumping in the air and pointing.

“Oh damn” He whined glaring at me, suddenly I heard fumbling and turned to see Rashel sitting up in her bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! New chapter post! Hope you enjoy enough to subscribe or comment. Feedback is always nice!! Thanks for reading! :)