To Love Again

Preface

I do not own any of the Twilight Saga or the characters. What I do own in the plot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart pounded furiously in my chest. His eye's were wild as he ran towards me. Those were the eye's of the man I was slowly but very deeply falling in love with. But who was he? What was he? His teeth were bared as the hovered over my neck. I couldn't scream, not with the scent of his heavenly breath swimming over me. Even his cold grip made my head spin.

"No daddy, don't." I heard a musical voice shout behind me. His head snapped up as if coming out of a trance. I recognized that voice. But wasn't that the voice of his sister? Why was she calling him daddy? He released his grip as my mouth was set firmly in place, I couldn't open it. He backed away a few steps as the young porcelain face appeared from the trees. The question was still shouting in my mind, Why did she call him, daddy? He was only her age?

"What the hell are you doing in the forest on your own, Eleni?" He shouted at me. I opened my mouth but all I could feel was air and the bitter sting of my eye's as tears began to well up. He took my face in his hands and leaned his head against mine, a mix of pain and anger written in his eye's. "I'm so sorry." He said as he placed a firm hand around my back. "I lost someone I loved before because of myself. I can't let that happen again." His voice was full of pain as he kissed my forehead. I shuddered under the contact of his cold skin. His breath on my face had my head spinning. I felt the blood in my legs turn to water as I collapsed in his arms. The last thing I heard was: "Renesmee, go and tell your grandparents that I will be home shortly, I need to take care of her first."