One Shot to Remember

Exclusive

"How was I supposed to know?" I demanded, loudly.

"You weren't," Hannah stated dismissively.

"But why?" I raised my voice even more.

"Hun, it's for the best. He needed to go," she sighed shaking her head.

"But-," I started but was interrupted. "Cole, just go away," she muttered annoyed.

I let my head hang and I walked away. She always lets him go. Hannah was never fair. But mostly when I needed to talk to him. She always told me it was best that way. She's always been wrong. He's my friend and I really don't know why she never let's me see him. I'm his friend, too. It's not a one-sided friendship! I may not be his best friend and he may not be mine, but we're still good friends.

I hate Hannah, she's a horrible big sister. She's rude and stuck up. She thinks she's better then everything that lives and breathes. And just because Patrick is her friend, she acts like we can't be friends. She wants nothing to do with me. Sometimes I just wish she would dig herself a shallow grave, just as shallow as her, and I wish she would go die in it!

As I pulled my bedroom door open the phone began to ring. I growled knowing Hannah wouldn't even bother and I walked back down the stairs. When I got to the kitchen where the phone rested on the counter I ripped it off of the bass.

"Hello?" I growled into the phone, happy that the obnoxious ringing had stopped.

"Hey, Cole. You sound, just alittle stressed," Patrick's voice answered from the other end of the line.

"Not stressed, so much as annoyed. You want to talk to Mrs. The World Revolves Around Me?" I sighed as I opened the silverish door of the fridge.

"No, actually. I wanted to know how you are. Your never around when I come over," he answered simply.

"Oh, that's 'cause Hannah never tells me and she always invites you over when I've got stuff to do," I mumbled, pulling a coke out of the fridge.

"Oh, well I'll ask you next time instead of her," he suggested more then stated.

"Alright, that sounds good," I mumbled pushing the fridge closed and jumping onto the counter. "So hows life been for you, Pat?"

"Oh, same old, same old. Haven't really had much to do lately," he sighed.

"That's understandable, seeing as though nothing really exciting ever happens here," I smiled.

"True," he laughed. "So, how've you been?"

"Annoyed bored, failing math, again. Like you said, same old, same old."

"Cole! Get off the phone! I need to call Jessie!" Hannah called from her room at the top of the stairs. I sighed.

"Well, I'll call you tomorrow, I guess. Or I'll see you at school. Which ever comes first. Hannah needs the phone."

"Alright, talk to you.." he paused. "Wait! Why don't you meet me at the park?" he continued.

"Sure, see you then," I smiled.

"Bye."

"Bye, bye," and with that we both hung up.

'Is it just me, or did he sound nervous?' I thought, but I forgot it soon after and I ran up the stairs.

"Hannah, heres the phone," I growled handing the device to my annoying sister.

"Whatever," she took it from me and flipped her blond hair over her shoulders.

I sighed and walked down the hall and into my room.

"Crap! My coke!" I whined. I then glared out of the door way, angling my eyes toward the kitchen.

I sighed and walked further into my room. I pushed the door closed with my foot and then I jumped onto my bed, my brownish-blond hair flying all around me.

'Why is Hannah the perfect one? Why does she get all the attention? What's so important about her being three years older?' thoughts swam through my head. Silence brings more questions then I wish to answer or figure out.

I heaved myself off of the green comforters and over to my closet. I pulled out a random shirt and looked at it in disgust. It soon found it's self shoved back onto it's hanger. A loud sigh escaped my lips as I pulled out a bright yellow hooded shirt. I pulled off my red, 'I Killed Your Girlfriend' t-shirt. I Killed Your Girlfriend is my brothers band. Their awesome!

I slipped the hooded shirt over my head pulling it over my thin body. I then walked over to my dresser and pulled out a nice pair of faded jeans with a rip at each knee. I slid out of my jeans without the rips and slid into the pair I'd just retrieved from my dresser.

Then, my computer made a popping noise, kind of like bubble rap being popped, signaling me that someone e-mailed me. I walked over to my computer and moved the mouse until the color returned to the monitor screen. I clicked on the message knowing it was from Patrick.

Cole,
We didn't decide on a time. How about now?
I mean, well yeah. Does that sound good?
-Patrick


I sat down and typed my reply, being a simple yes. After the message was sent I stood up and slipped on the coolest pair of tow socks I own. The ones with the blue and grey polka dots on them. Then, I walked down the stairs and over to the front door. I slipped on my turquoise vanz that were decorated with tangerine hearts. Not blue and orange. Turquoise and Tangerine. How do people get those confused?

I then pulled the door open and made my way down the side walk that lead to, or from in this case, my house. I walked down the road and thought about everything and anything that came to mind.

I walked into the park and grinned when I saw Patrick sitting on a swing. I snuck up behind him and pushed the swing he was on, all the while giggling. He screeched, which only made me laugh harder. I moved away so he wouldn't hit me.

"Cole!" he yelled.

I jumped on the swing next to his and I began swinging sideways, bumping into him. He smiled and slammed his swing into mine.

"Okay,okay! I'm sorry for scaring you!" I giggled.

"Good, you should be," he smiled.

I grinned once more and jumped out of the swing, grabbing his hands and pulling him toward the slides.

Fun is something I haven't had in a long time. Not even during my basketball games do I have so much fun. When I'm around Patrick, fun is the only thing that seems to go on. And as a result, he might really be my best friend after all. He understands me better then any of my friends. And he's a guy! Come on! And unlike all of Hannah's other friends, he doesn't care that I'm three years younger then him. But allot of the time he seems nervous around me.

I remember him telling me that, Hannah isn't pretty. He told me that it doesn't matter. He told me so many things. All in all, he makes me feel better about myself.

I ran up the slide and laughed while turning around to see Patrick fall down the slide. His cheeks seemed abnormally red, but that may have been from the cold. I hadn't noticed the cold. In fact, the snow on the ground completely slipped my mind. I smiled and looked around admiring the glistening white powder like substance on the ground. I'd seen snow all my life, but truly, you only live once right?

Then, I was pushed back onto the play equipment behind me as Patrick tripped once he had gotten to the top of the slide. I let out a sound of surprise and before I knew what was happening, he was laying on top of me, his face redder then ever before.

His breath was warm against my cold skin. Slowly, he leaned down and his lips, unsurely, met mine. A wave of shock and confusion swept over me, but without thinking I reacted by pressing my lips to his. Surprised by my reaction he pulled back and moved away from me, sitting up in the process. I slowly pushed myself up, my face burning, despite the cold.

"I...," my voice seemed lost.

"I'm sorry," Patrick sighed and stood up, moving to leave.

I shot up, grabbing his arm and pulled him into a hug. But I accidentally wound up pushing him down and we both ended up on the cold ground.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong," I mumbled into his chest.

"So, your not mad at me?" he asked shifting under me.

"I could never be mad at you. I thought you knew that," I smiled up at him.

He then leaned down again to grace my lips with another kiss, but when there were only centimeters between us, my cell phone rang, breaking the calm silence that had fallen over the park.

I sighed heavily and took my phone from my pocket and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked annoyed.

"Yeah, Cole. Where are you?" Hannah's voice asked boardly from the other line.

"The park. Why?"

"Because, I've got to look after you. If you get hurt Mom and Dad would kill me."

"Oh. Well, I'll be fine."

"Are you with someone?" she questioned.

"Uhh, yeah. I'm with Pat," I answered unsurely.

"Why are you with him? He doesn't even like you!" she growled.

"Hannah, just shut up!" I spat and hung up.

"She says you don't like me," I looked him in the eyes.

"She's a liar," he leaned in closer.

"Whys she so perfect?" I questioned moving closer to him as well.

"Because, she's not," he answered and then, slowly closed the gap between us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Exclusive. Your lipsonly.

tell me if you find any spelling or gramar errors.