Status: Finished

My Thorn And My Rose

I’m Home!

It was quarter to twelve when we arrived home and I knew my parents would be asleep so I had to try and tiptoe about the house when I got in.
I couldn’t keep the smile off my face when I saw everything. The furniture, pictures, TV, even the floor made me smile. I was back home and I couldn’t have been happier.
‘‘Maddison, Gavin?’’ I heard a very familiar voice call. I grinned even wider at hearing it.
‘‘I’m home! Well…we’re home!’’ I corrected. My mother came bolting down the stairs. She was wrapped in her light blue, fluffy dressing gown and had her black slippers on. She had rollers in her hair with her sleeping cap pulled over it. I didn’t ever understand how she managed to sleep in them. There was a smile attached to her lips as she neared the end of the stairs. She was followed by my dad who also had his black and grey stripped dressing down on, dark blue slippers and his glasses which he was adjusting to his face.. She grabbed hold of my face, kissing my cheeks, forehead, nose…then she stopped and noticed my brusied eye.
‘‘What’s this?’’ She asked, spoiling the happy atmosphere with her worry.
‘‘She hit her head off the bunk. Was rather hilarious.’’ Gavin replied, calm and relaxed about lying. I’d have stumbled over my words if I even tried to do that.
She rolled her eyes at me, knowing it would be a typical thing of me to do. We just needed to think of a lie for Sean because no doubt he was going to see her sometime soon.
‘‘I’ve missed you so much.’’ She said, hugging me, then letting go to hug Gavin. My dad took her place, examining my face and hugging me, then moving onto Gavin.
‘‘How was it?’’ She asked him, excitement on her face. I knew she was proud of him, so I wanted him to have this moment for himself.
‘‘I’m going to bed. I’ll catch up in the morning.’’ I told anyone listening. I headed for the stairs and walked up them. I could smell an incense stick that had previously been burning, opium it was. I walked into my room and the smell was more obvious. My mum had obviously been making my room up for me for when I got in. I dumped my bag on the floor and put a pair of shorts and one of Sean’s very old t-shirts that he had left a few year back. He’d told me to keep it when we’d spilt up. I always used to wear it so he didn’t want it back, because of the memories it would’ve given him. I climbed into bed, my bed, not that hard, uncomfortable couch and I was out in the matter of seconds. I didn’t need Sam because I was just to worn out from the dramatics of earlier.
***
‘‘Morning, honey.’’ My mum beamed as I came down the stairs. I could smell her homemade waffles and hot chocolate, my favourite breakfast since I was about five. I took a seat next to my dad who was up, dressed and reading the newspaper. His thick black rimmed glasses fell halfway down his nose so he pushed them back up and continued to read.
‘‘Gavin told me all about the tour.’’ My mum smiled.
‘‘Everything?’’ I asked, gulping, hoping it wasn’t noticeable.
‘‘Yes. He told me about all the fun you had, how you were good, didn’t drink, how Matthew cut your hair, which by the way is very nice.’’ She smiled, coming over with a plate of waffles then examining my hair. ‘‘And he also told me about you and Sean.’’ She beamed then my dad put his newspaper down, clearly just finding out about it for the first time.
‘‘Oh…he did?’’ I asked, not wanting there to be lectures coming from my dad.
‘‘Yes, and I couldn’t be happier for you. He told me Sean’s been looking after you too. Making sure you don’t think too much into you-no-what.’’ She whispered the end part, as if that would stop memories flooding back.
‘‘He has, he’s been amazing to me.’’ I replied bluntly, blowing the steam that was rising up from my cup.
My dad cleared his throat ready to say something so I turned to look at him. ‘‘Is this the same Sean boy who you were dating a few year back? Gavin’s friend Sean?’’ He asked.
‘‘Dad, you make it sound like I’m old and that it was years and years ago. Its been about five year.’’ I stated…then realising it was a few year back. ‘‘But yes, it’s the same Sean.’’ I told him, diverting my eyes back to my cup of brown, tasty liquid.
‘‘Well I’m happy for you both. No doubt he’ll be round here today, we’ll get to see him again soon.’’ She grinned and took a seat at the table. Gavin was the last down the stairs and he took a seat facing me. I narrowed my eyes at him and kicked his leg, hurting my foot more than him. He smirked slightly then started eating his waffles that our mum had made him.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love opium incense sticks, tis what my room always smells like =D...thought i'd share that xD