Status: Finished

My Thorn And My Rose

Introductions

We arrived home and I sat on one of the chairs. It was rather comfortable, much better then the beds I’d been put in.
‘‘Is your stomach ok? It doesn’t hurt too much does it?’’ The woman asked. I looked at her sceptically.
‘‘What’s wrong with it?’’ I asked her. She sighed a little, remembering I didn’t know anything about me.
‘‘What I’m about to do, isn’t wrong. I’m your mother so just let me do this, ok?’’ She said. My mother? She gave birth to me? I felt she was the main person I had to remember.
‘‘Ok.’’ I replied. I had to trust her, she knew who I was, I didn’t. She wouldn’t be lying about being my mother. She walked over to me and knelt down beside the chair. She started to lift the bottom of my t-shirt and I knew what she meant about it not being wrong. If she was my mother, it was ok for her to look at my stomach and lift up my t-shirt. She examined the wound that was covered lightly in a bandage. I peered down also.
‘‘How did I get that?’’ I asked her. She straightened out my shirt and stood up, taking a seat next to the man on the chair in front of me.
‘‘Me and your father have decided we’re going to make sure you get most of your memory back first, then explain things.’’ So they were my parents. That hurt, knowing I couldn’t remember them.
‘‘I understand.’’ I told them.
‘‘She’s home?’’ I heard someone shout from another room.
‘‘In here, Gavin.’’ My mum called. Great, someone else I probably should know, but I couldn’t remember.
‘‘Maddison.’’ He said as he stepped into the room where I was sat. He walked over and hugged me but I tensed up. ‘‘What’s wrong?’’ He asked, worried. He let go and stepped backwards a little.
‘‘Gavin, sit down. I’ll explain things.’’ My mum said. He took a seat on the last spare chair and looked at my mum and dad. She sighed and looked to me, then back at Gavin. ‘‘Your sister has memory loss. The doctors don’t know if its going to be permanent or temporary. We were allowed to bring her home to try and jog her memory, help her recover.’’ She explained.
‘‘You’re joking. Seriously, please tell me you’re joking.’’ Gavin said as he shot up out of his seat.
‘‘I wish we could, Gavin.’’ My dad said. Gavin ran his hands through his hair and sighed. He looked at me then knelt on the floor at my knees.
‘‘Don’t you know who I am?’’ He asked me.
‘‘No. I’m sorry.’’ I explained. I really wanted to know him, I wanted to remember everything about him, but my mind held nothing.
‘‘Can I bring the guys round? Just to see if they can help.’’ Gavin asked. Guys? More people I used to know? I started to panic. My eyes darted around the room and my heartbeat started to quicken.
‘‘Maddy, what’s wrong?’’ I heard Gavin ask. He held onto my hands to keep my calm. It did help and my heartbeat started to slow. I started to breath normally.
‘‘Thank you.’’ I told him. He smiled weakly then stood up.
‘‘I’ll be back in about half an hour.’’ He told us then left the house. I felt a shooting pain in my head. I didn’t want to panic anyone so I didn’t say anything. I didn’t show pain or tell them that I was hurting. I just sat there, looking at my parents, controlling myself from curling into a ball and crying because of the pain. Then, in my mind was a blurred image. I couldn’t see a face, I could just see blonde hair. I could see the outline of the person, but no facial features. I brought a hand up to my head, I couldn’t control the pain anymore.
‘‘Honey, what’s happening?’’ My mum asked as she rushed over. I couldn’t talk, the shooting pain grew worse. Another outline, someone with dark hair walking towards the blonde featureless outline.
‘‘I need to know what happened to me.’’ I told her, those being the only words I could spit out.
‘‘Are you having memories of it?’’ She asked me.
‘‘You could call them that.’’ I replied, and the pain started to die down.
♠ ♠ ♠
well...it all ends next chapter. sad times.
but i'm off to get drunk...good times =]