Sequel: How It Should Be

How We Operate

8:00

Evgeni ended up following Violet when she dropped Henry off at his hotel and her car back at her house. Matt, who had arrived first, exchange a few quick words with Violet before they As soon as Violet climbed into his jaguar he grabbed her hand in hers and kissed her knuckles. Violet blushed and Evgeni smirked, satisfied.

Violet bit her lip and Matthew's words spun around her head. She promised. She promised she would listen and she fully intended to keep this promise.

They arrived back at Geno's house and the two made their way to the living room where Geno turned on some random channel with an AHL hockey game on. "Is this Wolf Pack?" Violet asked, recognizing the New York Ranger's affiliate team from the days Henry made her watch.

Geno took a brief glace at the TV and nodded in confirmation. "You want watch?" Violet shrugged.

"Not particularly, but if you want to we can." Geno nodded and then shut the TV off. "No want to watch," He sat down next to Violet and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, rubbing her bicep. After a few minutes of comfortable silence Evgeni asked her a question.

"How feel about me?"

Violet rubbed her check and then turned to him. "I like you. Probably more than I should."

"I like you," Evgeni said and kissed her temple. Violet smiled up at him and bit her lip.

"But as much as I like you I don't think I can continue this casual thing. I've casually dated before and I've ended up hurt. Matthew can vouch for that. I don't want you to hurt me."

"So no casual? No more," Evgeni asked.

"I don't think I can. So, yes. No more." Evgeni nodded and the two reminded quietly sitting with each other for a few minutes. Evgeni then proceeded to turn the Wolf Pack game back on. After the game was over he took her home where Matthew was waiting just inside the front door of the apartment.

"Well?"

"I ended it, just like I promised."

"Good. It'll be better for you. I promise."

********************************************************************

5 hours later Violet was biting her nails and staring at Mathew. She just told him she thought it was a bad idea ending it with Evgeni.

"I mean he called me to hang out today and then took me back to his place! I don't think he wanted me to end it, whatever it was."

"But he didn't stop you from ending this fucking thing either." Matthew sighed. "Vi, it's for the best. If he wants to get back with you he'll let you know one way or another." Violet nodded and Matt continued. "Evgeni is like most guys, and if a guy likes a girl he'll make it happen. Don't make me put on He's Just Not That Into You because you and me had to sit through that with Julie twice three months ago. Now I have to take a leek." Matthew walked into the bathroom as Violet chuckled and threw pillows at his retreating figure.

Twenty minutes later the friends were playing Wii Mario Kart when the was a lot of knocking on their door.

"One second!" Matthew called out, not taking his eyes off the screen. The knocking remained incessant and threw Matt's concentration. "FUCK!" He shouted at Violet beat him to the finish. "God damn annoying people."

Matt stomped toward the door and opened it to reveal the Penguins. "Why do you know we live here?" Violet peered over the couch and started laughing hysterically out of shock. "I mean really, you're stalking us now? It's supposed to be the other way around and we're not even that crazy."

Kris Letang barged in followed by Sidney, Evgeni, and Jordan. "I didn't even know the four of you were that close," Violet said, whipping her eyes. "Oooh, that was a doozy." Matt gave her a strange look that sent her reeling again.

"Excuse her, it's the Mountain Dew." Matt said at Violet attempted to calm down a second time. "But seriously, why are you here?" Sidney and Kris exchanged a look and Matthew could've sworn Kris's eyes flashed to Evgeni.

"We wanted to know why you would go the zoo without us." Sidney answered. Violet raised her eye brows in a bemused expression and started laughing again. Matt knew she would find everything funny for the next five minutes and took the question.

"And you couldn't have used the telephone?"

"No," Sidney shook his head. "Had to be in person."

"I'm beginning to think you all don't have friends outside the team...which is frightening, quite frankly." Matthew said. "I mean, I thought you were all really cool people and here you are, stalking two average citizens on a Sunday night."

Again, the hockey stars exchange a look but nobody said anything so Matt kept going. "I mean, this only happens in dreams." Violet finally shook her head at Matt and told him to stop while he was ahead.

"Anyway, have you eaten?" She asked while standing up. "I think we're going to order pizza out of convenience because we're both lazy bums." The boys agreed and Violet went to order and get drinks. Matt surveyed the guys.

"Now that Frak isn't here, why are you here?" He asked again.

"Does that make you Frik?" Kris asked, Matthew gave him a pointed look. "Geno wanted to see her." Evgeni sent an outraged stare at him but Kris waved it off. "And we really do enjoy your presence." Matthew raised his eye brows but laughed a bit.

"So there's no game on so what should we watch?" Matt called, ignoring Kris. Violet shouted back no and that it was one of the rare game-free Sunday nights. Matt asked what movie they could watch.

"Well, I can only rock-n-roll really from 3-5," Violet said walking back into the room and nestling herself in between Geno and Jordan.

"We're not watching Role Models again. We watched it last Thursday. Pick something else?"

"Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Oh no drinks for me thanks. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!" Violet put on a fake British accent. Jordan stared at her incredulously. Kris didn't get it.

"Again, we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall the same night we watched Role Models. Pick again."

"Why does everything I do sound like a leprechaun?"

"I don't know where that's from." The boys watched this exchange between Matt and Violet with interest and bemused confusion.

"It's from I Love You, Man. But I don't think it's on demand yet so let's just watch Superbad." Matthew agreed excitedly and turned the lights off and ordered the movie. Five minutes into the movie Evgeni's hand found it's way to Violet's thigh.

It's okay. It's not like he's inside of you.

But you just ended things today. No good can come of this.

I don't care.


Violet let his hand rest there but when he started moving up, stroking her thigh and creeping upward she grabbed his hand and instead of pulling away he laced his fingers with hers. She let it happen. They briefly removed their hands from each other when the pizza came but they laced their fingers together when the lights were back off.

When the movie ended it was late and the boys left, Geno kissing her on the cheek. After closing the door behind the hockey players, Violet turned and saw Matthew standing in the hallway like he had something to say.

"You look like you have a trapped fart or something."

Matthew let out a puff of air and shook his head. He wouldn't tell her tonight. "Night Vi,"

"Night, Matt,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?