Sequel: How It Should Be

How We Operate

7:00

While Henry and Violet hit up their old haunt, Larry's bar, and enjoyed the last of Henry's free time in Pittsburgh, Matt and their mutual friend Julie made their way to the usual seats at the stadium. Violet had convinced him to ask her on a date and surely enough she had said yes.

"This place is crazy. Did you know this is my first live hockey game?" Matthew's jaw dropped at Julie's exclamation and he proceeded to promise to get her involved and teach her all the cheers. He even ran and bought her a Crosby shirt.

As the players skated onto the ice Matt's chest tightened. Every single one of them plus Fluery skated by their glass and asked him an unvoiced question, where's Violet?. Matthew took the back of his flyer and wrote on the back that he was on a date and held it to the glass. Jordon saw and spread the message.

Kris Letang gave him a thumbs up, laughing, while Jordan eyed Julie. Matt smacked himself in the face.

"What's going on?" Julie turned to Matt. She was blatantly confused.

"I'm friends with them, and so is Vi. They're all obsessed with Vi. It's strange." Matthew shook his head. "They wanted to know why she wasn't here so rather than write the long explanation that she's spending time with Henry before he leaves for New York and that since she took the tickets last game it's my turn I just told them the short version."

"Which is?"

"I'm on a date." Julie blushed and kissed him quickly on the lips. Matthew, satisfied and a little surprised leaned back and wrapped his arm around Julie to watch the game. About halfway through, a messenger came and informed him the Penguins wanted to meet his date. So promptly after the game Matthew escorted Julie through the locker room doors.

"You know, I can't remember the last game that I haven't come down here." Matt alerted the Penguins. Unlike when Violet would flounce on in most of the hockey players had clothing on and were completely expecting his arrival.

"So who is this?" Kris ambled over with Geno to meet Julie.

"This is Julie Klaven, Julie, that's Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin." With a subtle inflection that the team couldn't catch Matt was able to tell Julie that Evgeni was that Evgeni who had up until recently been involved with Violet.

"Nice meet you," Evgeni nodded. "Where Violet tonight?"

"Henry is going back to New York tomorrow so they decided to go to their old favorite bar. And seeing as it's a Monday night they're probably both ordering the most elaborate non-alcoholic drinks that can think of and pissing off Jonathon the bartender." Matt shook his head. "They're obnoxious like that."

"Henry leaving?"

"Tomorrow afternoon so this is probably the last time she'll see him for a while. I hope she doesn't get all mopey." Geno nodded and walked away. A few more minutes down there and Julie and Matt were walking toward the parking lot.

"I think that Malkin really likes Violet." Julie stated.

"I think so to, but unless he's willing to commit we have to keep her away from him."

"I don't know if I agree with you but I'll help where I'm needed," Matt kissed Julie on the nose as a thanks and opened the car door for her.

"Thank you. Now after you mi'lady." Julie laughed and patted Matthew on the head.

**********************************************************************

When Matthew arrived back at the apartment the next morning he found Violet standing in the kitchen in a giant Penguin's shirt and knee high socks eating a giant bowl of Fruit Loops.

"I see Henry's departure has gotten to you." Matthew joked.

"No! You have! You've gotten to me! No call, no text! I stayed up waiting for you! You better not have ruined Julie!" Violet pointed a spoon at him.

"Really, Vi?"

"Not really. I stayed up for like ten minutes. But I was completely expecting a text from you so I could remind you to wear a condom." Violet ate a giant bite of fruit loops.

"During your breakfast? Condom talk? Really?"

"Since when have I ever been polite with you?" Matt nodded.

"True fact. What are you up to today?"

"I literally only have one thing on my agenda the whole day. Which is picking the color of the sign for the grand opening of that new Sushi restaurant over near PNC Park. And then I'm done."

"Good. We're going to Washington." Violet choked on a loop.

"Excuse me?"

"We're going to go watch Sid the Kid, Evgeni -You-don't-have-a-cool-name- Malkin, and Alex the Great duke it out."

"And how do you propose we do that?"

"Mr. Letang gave me tickets." Matt pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them in Vi's face.

"And why didn't you include Kris Tanger Letang in the list?"

"Because he's facial hair is bothersome." Violet's eye brows furrowed and she just couldn't think of a response. "Oh, and he also got us a super awesome hotel room. So pack and we'll leave ASAP when you're done with work."

"What about your job? We're too frequently taking days off."

"My boss is having an affair with my secretary. He'll give me what I want." Violet's mouth formed an O and she nodded.

*******************************************************************

Unlike Matthew's veiw point, the Penguins had a different approach. Try and get Violet and Evgeni together. Kris had secretly slipped Matt the tickets and now on the bus the plan was revealved to the Russian superstar.

"No!" Geno shook his head. "She don't want be with me."

"Now that, my friend, isn't true. She just doesn't want to be casual with you. Which means all you have to do is put a label on what you are!" Kris thumped him on the back.

"That's not how it works, Tanger." Sidney shook his head. "She wants a boyfriend. We should only make him do this if he thinks he can be Violet's boyfriend."

Three pairs of eyes fell on Geno and awaited his answer.

"Can you be her boyfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a really, horridly, bad day, so bad I think I'm going to vomit. Your comments would truly be apperciated.