She's A Rebel.

Chapter Twelve

When I opened my eyes, I noticed two things: I was in an unfamiliar room and I had a killer headache. I looked to my left and saw a person, who I immediately recognized as Billie Joe, with his face in a pillow, sound asleep. Oh God. Did we have sex? I thought and looked down. I lifted the covers slightly and my nakedness definitely confirmed my suspicions.

Whatever happened to our agreement that a platonic relationship was the best way to go? I slowly sat up, holding my head in pain with one hand while the other made sure the blanket covered my upper body. How did I even get here? I asked myself as I tried to think back. I remember going to the club, drinking tequila and dancing. That's it. Ya know, this is just my luck. I have sex with a sexy rock star and I can't even fucking remember it.

I peered over the edge of the bed, looking for some clothing. Billie's button down shirt was on the floor, a few inches from the bed. That would have to do until I found my clothes. I picked the shirt up and put it on, only doing a few of the buttons. I got out of the bed and started looking for my clothes.

I saw my reflection in the mirror as I passed it and I stopped in my tracks. I had serious sex hair. And walking around wearing nothing but a guy's shirt and yesterday's make-up on my face really made me look like a tramp. I need a shower. I thought to myself and I abandoned my search for my clothes went into the bathroom. After shutting and locking the door, I took Billie's shirt off and turned the shower on.

The hot water made me feel better, but the sound of the water pounding into the tub wasn't helping my headache. I washed up quickly and then turned the shower off. I ringed the excess water out of my hair and grabbed a towel. After drying myself off, I wrapped the towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom. When I turned the corner into the bedroom, I saw Billie sitting up in bed with his head in his hands. His immediately shot up when I entered the room.

"Oh. Hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." He said quietly.

"Um. Where are we?" I asked since I had no idea.

"My hotel room." He said. I wasn't able to read any specific emotion on his face.

"Ah." I said and started looking for my shirt.

"Look, Erika-" He started, but I cut him off.

"No, its okay. I don't even remember what happened, we can just forget about it." I said, looking at the floor.

"I don't want to forget about it." He said and I looked at him abruptly. He had his hands in his lap, his fingers laced together. He looked almost sad. I walked over to him and sat on the side of the bed.

"You don't?" I asked, softly.

"No, I don't."

"But what about what we talked about? If people found out-"

"Fuck them. Fuck their opinion. I really care about you, Erika. Way more than I should. And after last night, I can't go back to the way things were. I just can't. It would kill me." He said and I realized that I've never seen him so serious the entire time I've known him. I was so torn between what my heart wanted and what my mind thought was right that my eyes started to tear up. "You may not be able to remember anything at all, but I can remember that last night was amazing and if I let you slip through my fingers one more time, I'll never be able to forgive myself. So, before I lose my nerve, I need to ask you something." He grabbed my hand and held it tightly. "Erika, will you screw what other people think and be my girlfriend?" I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face. I nodded my head, biting my lip.

"Yeah." I said and Billie smiled back at me. He lifted his hand and brought it to the back of my neck, pulling me closer. Our lips met and it felt so right. I almost forgot that neither of us was actually wearing clothes. Almost. I pulled back to say something, but Billie didn't let me, he just pulled me into another kiss. We eventually broke away, our breath coming quicker than usual. "I think we should put some clothes on." I said and laughed little.

"Really? I don't." He went for another kiss, but I got off the bed. Billie pouted and I threw a pair of pants at him.

"Come on, I need to find my clothes."

"Why? You can just wear mine." He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"So I can get mocked by everyone? No thanks." I found my shoes, my bra, my skirt and my shirt, but I couldn't find my underwear. "Billie? Where's my underwear?" I asked him and I could tell he was trying his hardest not to smile.

"I don't know." He looked so guilty.

"Come on, give it to me." I held my hand out expectantly.

"No idea what you're talking about."

"Whatever, I'm gonna change as soon as I get to my room anyway. So, put some clothes on."

"Yes, ma'am." Billie said and I went into the bathroom to get dressed. When I walked back into the room, Billie was lacing his black converse. "Let's go." He said as he stood up after finishing.

We left his hotel room, hand in hand. We walked down the hall to mine and Melanie's room. When I opened the door, Melanie wasn't there. She probably went to get breakfast. I made Billie sit on the bed while I picked out my clothes. I got dressed in the bathroom and then blow dried and straightened my hair. While I was doing my make up, Billie came in and sat on the counter. He was quiet for a while, but then he spoke.

"Okay, I have to ask. What's with all the British stuff?" He asked and I smiled.

"Well, apart from the music over there being good, my Nana was a Brit. She came over to the states when she was in her twenties. She had an adorable accent and she was one of my favorite people in the whole world. Seeing the flag reminds me of her. It makes me feel like she's always with me." I said and then applied my lipstick.

"That's really sweet." He said hopped off the counter. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle. He kissed my cheek and I smiled at him in the mirror.

"Let's get something to eat." I suggested and he nodded, taking my hand and leading me out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments??

xoxoTrisha

ps.
that bit about Erika's Nana is actually about mine. she was my favorite person growing up :)