She's A Rebel.

Chapter Sixteen

"Can we please go? I promise I wont ask for another thing on this whole tour!" Tré pleaded hopefully.

We were all in Green Day's hotel room in Santa Cruz awaiting tonight's show at night club called The Catalyst. Melanie and Jake were talking about something on one of the couches and Matt was in front of the window talking to his mom on the phone. I was on the other couch with Billie, trying to take a nap. The show wasn't for about eight hours, so we had a lot of time to kill. Tré has been begging us to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium ever since he saw the commercial for it on TV yesterday. I have no particular aversion to going, but relaxing on the couch with Billie Joe seems like a much more inviting idea than watching marine animals swimming in tanks that are much too small for them.

"Fine. Let's just go so Tré can stop whining." Mike said, putting down the newspaper he was trying to read.

"YAY!" Tré jumped with joy and tackled Mike in a hug, causing him to fall out of his chair and onto the floor. "I love you I love you I love you I love-!"

"Okay, I get it, you love me!" Mike exclaimed and tried to push Tré off his chest so he could breathe. "You're crushing me!"

Tré scrambled off Mike and offered him a hand to pull him off the ground. Mike took it and stood up.

"Sorry." Tré said. "I got excited."

"Is everyone ready to go?" Mike asked.

"I am." I said, smoothing out my dress as I stood up. "Matt! Say goodbye to your mommy, we're leaving!" Everyone laughed as he flipped us off. I grabbed my jacket off the bed in the other room and slipped into it. When I got back into the living area, everyone, including Matt, was ready to go.

We got into two different taxis and paid the cab driver to take us to the aquarium. I was in a cab with the group of four people, those people being Melanie, Jake and Billie, because they decided if someone had to sit on someone else's lap, it might as well be me sitting on Billie.

When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was the overpowering smell of fish, which is the norm for aquariums. There wasn't much of a line, so we took advantage of it and got on right away before more people showed up. It was sort of strange, waiting on line with a bunch of kids and their parents, when you're a grown adult with your friends and bandmates.

We paid for our tickets and started walking around. Tré ran for the fondling petting tank that held different types of starfish and hermit crabs. He picked up a starfish and started playing with it.

"I think it likes you." I told Tré as the starfish stuck to his finger and wouldn't come off. Tré stuck his tongue out at me and peeled it off his finger, putting it back in the water. We went to a different tank where we got to pet some stingrays. They were pretty slimy.

"Let's go check out the fishies." Tré said and we followed him in the other direction, into the next area. Billie grabbed my hand and started swinging it back and forth in his own.

"Having fun yet?" He asked me.

"I'll have more fun when we see the sea otters and penguins. They're so adorable." I said just as Melanie fell into step beside me.

"Who's adorable?" She asked, taking my other hand.

"Sea otters and penguins."

"Oh my god, I know, right? I love them."

"I'd give you a high five, but I have no free hands. Wanna settle for a mental one?"

"If I must." She said dramatically and then laughed.

There was a gigantic shark's jaw mounted on the wall of the next area that we walked into. There were these large pools of water filled with small sharks that had a bridge passing over it. All seven of us stood on the bridge and looked over it, watching the sharks swimming this way and that.

"You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!" Billie said in his best Dr. Evil voice, and I burst out laughing.

"I love that movie." Melanie said.

"Who doesn't love that movie?" Mike asked.

"Uh-oh. Where's Tré?" Our friend with the fauxhawk has mysteriously disappeared.

"Maybe he went to the next room?" I guessed. "Let's go check."

We walked into the room with the tropical fish, and sure enough, Tré was standing in front of a giant tank filled with tons of brightly colored fish. We called his name as we approached, but he appeared to be deaf to our calls. When we got closer, I saw that his eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly ajar.

"Tré?" Billie asked. "You alright, man?"

"So.. many.. colors!" He stared in awe at the fish and I just laughed. I think he might've taken something before we got here.

"Okay, well, you have fun with the tropical fish." Mike said and we dispersed into the room, looking at the different things it had to offer.

I learned some fun facts about the different types of fish that I forgot almost immediately after I left the station. We toured the aquarium for a while longer before we decided to have some lunch. We went to the full-service restaurant and treated ourselves to a good meal. We got to look out at the bay while we ate, which was really nice.

After lunch, we went to the sea otter exhibit. They were so cute! We watched the play around in the water and Mel and I couldn't help but have a girly moment at how adorable they were. Mel and I linked arms as we left the exhibit.

"I want one." Melanie said.

"Me too. But I'm not sure its legal." I frowned.

We checked out the penguins too, which were also cute, and the jellyfish, and the gigantic octopi. When we entered the next room, we were met with a huge tank that didn't have much in it.

"What's in this tank?" Tré asked. Just then, out of nowhere, a huge shark darted towards us and then swam away. We all jumped in fear, even though there was a three foot thick piece of glass between us and it.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" Tré yelled. He got a lot of annoyed looks from parents who covered their children's ears. "Can we leave now?" Tré asked, and we obliged. On our way out, I threw a dollar into this collection box that sent its money to some organization that helps rescued baby seals.

"So what do you want to do now?" Matt asked the group.

"Well, we have about four hours until the show starts, so how about we go to back to the hotel and just hangout until we're needed at the venue?" Mike replied.

We once again piled into our respective taxis and drove back to the hotel. On the way in, we bumped into some Green Day fans. Billie, Mike and Tré signed their t-shirts and took pictures with them. We were gonna just go up to the room without them, but then one of the girls there stopped us.

"Can we get a picture with you guys too?" She asked, hopeful. I couldn't hide the shock that came over me. We were with Green Day, and this girl wanted to take a picture with US? I was amazed.

"Yeah, of course you can." Matt smiled. "Come here." He waved her and her friends over and we took a picture with all of them. She wanted to take one more picture with us and Green Day together, so we all squeezed together into the frame of the picture and did fun poses with them.

After our encounter with fans, I was in a permanently good mood. When we got to the elevator, Matt's cell phone started to ring, so he picked it up.

"Hello?" He asked. "Oh, hey, what's up?" His voice had gotten excited and curious, so I tried to eavesdrop. "Wow, that sounds awesome! I'll tell them now, thanks. Bye." Matt hung up and turned to face Mel, Jake and I. "That was Frank. We have a photoshoot tomorrow. For promotional stuff for the tour."

"Really? Where?" Jake asked.

"Not sure. He just said that a car would be here to pick us up at around 11am and to be ready. He doesn't want any of us to do our hair or makeup so their stylist can do it."

"Sounds good." I smiled. Tomorrow would be a fun day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BAAAAACKKKK! :)

I'm sorry I took like 30 years to update, I've just had a lot of stuff going on and I've had a bit of writer's block.

Now, I know where I want this story to go, but I need your help to get there. When I planned this story, it wasn't as thorough as Razorblade Kiss's planning was, so there are a lot of gaps to fill. I was hoping you guys could tell me what you'd like me to write.

For example, if there was an idea that you had that would take about a chapter or so to be finished, tell me about it! There's gotta be something you'd love to see these characters do, right? Maybe there's a place near your hometown that is lots of fun and it'd be funny to put Green Day there for a concert and have them do it. I just don't want this story to be repetitive concerts and Billie and Erika making out, you know?

I really hope you guys have some suggestions for me. The more I get, the faster I'll update!

xoxoTrisha