Status: New co-author: dreamshadow ! ! ! (not meant to replace Zeek in any way of course.)

Forgotten

Where are we now?

Caden slowly lifted his hand to his lips, where he could still feel that tingling sensation that everyone said you felt when you got your first kiss. He had never really believed that it was true, but now... Yes, it was just a brush of soft lips, but still it was a kiss; a kiss from Jonathan.

But he left. Caden struggled to his feet, getting up a bit too quickly. He only managed to make it a couple of steps before he had fallen down, landing hard on the wooden floor and letting out a cry of pain.

What Caden didn't know was that Jonathan hadn't left the porch. The moment he heard Cadey cry out he rushed inside to see his small, frail form on the ground. Picking him up awkwardly but gently, he placed him back on the couch and was about to leave once again when he suddenly felt a soft pull on his t-shirt. He looked down and saw Cadey's hand tugging hesitantly on the hem of his shirt.

"P-Please s-stay."

Before Jonathan could reply Liv and Stacey had come down and asked simultaneously, "What happened?"

"Nothing Mrs. Gibbons, Cadey just fell down. It's okay, I'm still here. I'll make sure it won't happen again."

They both looked at each other for a moment before slowly ascending the stairs again. Sighing, Jonathan sat down next to Cadey who had his legs drawn up to his chin and was gently resting his head on them. The pressure it put on his chest made him wince slightly but he still needed the comforting feeling that position gave him.

"L-Look," Jonathan said, "I'm s-sorry about what happened. I wasn't thinking. I promise it won't happen again."

Caden's face fell. "Oh."

At the sudden dejected expression that he saw on Cadey's face, Jonathan got a determined look in his eyes and gently pulled Caden closer to his, "Unless…" he trailed off, unable to speak for a moment. “Unless y-you want it to happen again,” he whispered.

Cadey looked up hopefully at Jonathan gently nodded his head. "I-I w-would like that."

Cadey hoped he hadn’t imagined the flicker of a smile he had seen on Jonathan’s face. He waited for Jon to speak.

"S-So would I,” And he gently pulled Caden a little closer so that he could steal another kiss. Except this one lasted longer, and even though it was just a gentle meeting of lips, there was so much emotion behind it that it left them both slightly breathless.

"So," Jonathan started as he pulled away, "Where does that leave us?"