Status: New co-author: dreamshadow ! ! ! (not meant to replace Zeek in any way of course.)

Forgotten

Without You

Cadey had watched Jon go from the protective embrace of Mrs. Gibbons and Liv's arms. With every second that passed it felt as if another tiny piece of his heart broke. He had been crying for six hours straight, the entire time being held by both Gibbons women.

"Sh, its going to be okay baby." Mrs. Gibbons said.

"But it hurts so much," Caden whispered.

Trying to get a smile from Cadey, Liv said, "Not as much as that prick Mr. Whyte is gonna hurt when I'm done with him."

"Olivia!"

"But mom --"

"No buts young lady." Mrs. Gibbons than took on that expression that boded ill for anyone who saw it, "Not as much as Mr. Whyte is going to hurt when we are done with him.

That actually caused them all to laugh.

* * *

"What you are experiencing is an unhealthy state of mind. It is not natural and together we can help you get back on the path of righteousness..."

Jonathan groaned mentally as he sat in the group therapy circle with seven other boys and five girls his age. He had been in this dump for the last two weeks. They wouldn’t let him leave until he was healed. And so he had been playing along with everything that that stupid excuse for a human being said.

Benjamin Taylor, the founder of the Prodigal Home project. He was an attractive man in his mid-thirties with golden hair and an ever-present grin. He was a constant presence in the program. And Jonathan had grown to loathe him.

But all of this time spent here with other miserable teenagers and delusional adults wasn't exactly a waste. They let him on the computer, just as long as he didn't email or look at ‘inappropriate’ sites (which meant that about ninety percent of websites on the internet had been banned with a parental lock). Thankfully he knew just enough about computers to get around a few of the roadblocks. He had begun to do a little research on emancipation. When he finally got out of here, he was going to make sure that no one ever separated him and Cadey again.

* * *

Caden limped inside of his house. Ever since Jonathan had left, Brett had decided to take advantage of his absence and beat up Cadey even more.

He was trying to walk up the stairs to his bedroom when he heard the back door open, his eyes widening in panic as he tried to get up faster.

"Where do you think you're going, you little faggot?!" his father boomed from behind him. "Still getting the crap kicked out of you? It’s your own damn fault -- you make yourself a target by wearing that crap on your face and than you’re too much of a sissy to take care of yourself. I can’t believe I got stuck with you as my son. Hell, a daughter would have been less girly than you."

Caden screamed as his father pulled his hair so far that he fell down the stairs.

"You worthless piece of shit," his father said as he kicked Caden in the ribs. "You’re worthless. You should have died. NOT HER!" Those words were punctuated by another kick. “Your mother deserved to live. She should be here now. Instead I get you!” Caden felt another blow land hard into his back. He was used to this by now and he curled up into a ball, trying to protect whatever he could from his father’s hard boots.

After what felt like hours of being pummeled his father left him on the stairs. Pulling out his cell phone, Caden called Liv.

A little while later he felt soft, warm hands on his face. Looking up, he saw Mrs. Gibbons. "Sh...just go back to sleep." Nodding, he closed his eyes again and was gently picked up by the woman. In the car Mrs. Gibbons looked back at the small bloodied boy curled on the back seat. "Don't worry Caden. Soon, you'll never be hurt like this again. I won’t let this continue. I promise."

Caden could barely hear Stacy through the haze of pain. The only thing his mind seemed able to focus on was his need to see his boyfriend.

Jonathan, please come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this came in so late. I just started school so yeah. Pathetic excuse but the only one I have. Please R&R