Status: New co-author: dreamshadow ! ! ! (not meant to replace Zeek in any way of course.)

Forgotten

An Unexpected Visit

Liv typed up a mock therapy schedule for Cadey. She pushed her rolling chair away from the desk and admired her work.

Caden's Intensive Therapy Schedule
Palmer Wellness Center
Mondays: 6-8
Wednesday Group Therapy: 5-8
Fridays: 6-8


Liv printed the page and skipped down the stairs to find her mom. Stacy was in the kitchen washing some leftover dishes. "Mom! I have Cadey's schedule. Time to put our awesomeness to use!"

Stacy laughed at her daughter's eagerness. "Okay, okay. Give me a minute." She called out, "Cadey! You wanna come listen? I'll put it on speaker!"

Caden came out of the living room, saying "sure," while Liv was getting the phone for her mother.

Stacy warned them, "You two stay quiet." Liv and Cadey nodded their heads and pretended to lock their lips. Mrs. Gibbons dialed the Whyte household's number, put the phone on speakerphone, and set it down.

"Hello?" Jonathan's voice flooded the room.

Cadey looked at Mrs. Gibbons with pleading eyes. Stacy nodded at him, knowing what his silent plea was. "Hey Jonathan, it's Stacy."

"Hi," Caden whispered, blushing.

"Oh, hey, Mrs. Gibbons. How are you?" Jon said calmly, smiling at the whisper he had heard.

"I'm good," Cadey said, mimicking Stacy's voice as best he could, "How 'bout you?"

"I'm doing well. I assume you're calling to talk to my father?" Jon inquired. He could hear Stacy and Liv trying not to giggle at Cadey's imitation.

"Um, yes. I-I miss you," Cadey added in a whisper.

"Me too, Mrs. Gibbons. Here's my dad," Jonathan said. Caden fell silent, letting Stacy take over the conversation when Daniel's gruff voice took the place of Jon's smooth one.

"Hello? Is this Olivia's mother?" Daniel asked stiffly.

"Yes it is. Call me Stacy," Mrs. Gibbons answered.

"Liv told me that you got Caden into therapy. Jonathan's actions have been rather satisfactory since he has gotten back from Prodigal Home," Daniel declared. Stacy's glance toward Cadey and Liv showed that their eyes were blown wide, hands over their mouths. Did Daniel really only care about actions and not about his son's well-being, if you could call forcing him into a brain-washing facility something for his own well-being?

"Yes, well, I'm hoping that me finally putting my foot down and taking action on this matter will get rid of this sickness Caden has. Or at least control it," Stacy lied, looking at Caden and mouthing I don't mean it. Though the three of them sitting there all knew this was a ruse, Stacy wanted reiterate just how false these words were. She wanted him to know she loved him just the way he was.

"As do I. Now, what center have you put him in?" Daniel asked, kicking into business mode.

"The Palmer Wellness Center. He goes there Mondays and Fridays from six to eight for private therapy and Wednesdays from five to eight for group therapy," Stacy rattled off, reading the schedule.

Daniel stated, "Well, it might take a little bit longer than Prodigal Home, but it should get the job done. So, Caden will be gone from between five and eight tomorrow, correct? Jon can go over there at that time." Cadey and Liv smiled brightly at Daniel's statement.

Stacy smiled too. "I would say about half past five. That way, there is plenty of time for dinner and for Jon to leave before Caden returns."

"Well, I'll tell Jon. I think he'll be pleased to see Olivia again. Goodbye." Daniel hung up before Stacy could reply.

Liv and Cadey were jumping up and down, squealing like four-year-olds. "Thanks, Mom!" Cadey and Liv said at the same time. Caden hadn't meant to call Stacy 'mom' but it had slipped out and somehow it felt right. He could feel Mrs. Gibbons' warm smile on him reassuring him.

The doorbell rang, breaking through their little celebratory moment. "It's late. I wasn't expecting anyone. Were you?" Stacy asked. Caden and Olivia shook their heads.

Stacy, Caden, and Liv walked to the door, curious. Stacy opened the door. "Shay? What are you doing here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first chapter, and I hope it's okay. I recently had a death in the family, and I'm not really at the top of my game. But, anyways,
Comments=brownies
Brownies=awesome
<3 Morgan