Status: New co-author: dreamshadow ! ! ! (not meant to replace Zeek in any way of course.)

Forgotten

In which our little Cadey get's a suprise vistor.

Cadey woke up to movement downstairs. Looking over at the clock next to his bed he realized that it was only 2:45.

Dad doesn't get home until 9 tonight; it’s gotta be Liv. And sure enough, a minute later he could hear the voices of Liv and her mother as they climbed the stairs.

"Come on sweetie, let's get you to the hospital. Afterwards you can stay over with us. Liv, go get some clothes for Caden." Liv's mother, Stacy, was one of the sweetest people you would ever meet. With dark brown hair that she kept up in a pony tail and a tired but pretty face, she was a good six or seven inches shorter than her daughter but was just as kind.

"Already on it, Mom," Liv said as she came out of Caden's closet holding a week's worth of clothing.

"Alright. Do you think you can walk, sweetie?" Mrs. Gibbons asked gently.

Caden looked down at his body hidden under the blankets. When they had gotten home yesterday his father’s miserable mood had not improved, and he had taken it out on Cadey. Liv's mom took the silence as an answer to her question, "I thought not. Liv, put those clothes in your bag and help me. After a moment they had gotten Cadey up and slowly made their way down the stairs. Soon they were in the car and driving to the hospital.

When they got there they called out to an aide who carefully helped Caden into a wheelchair and brought him to a room that had already been appointed to them. Liv's mother was on the Board of Directors for the Hospital and had made a room available for him. "Alright dear, just relax and I'll go get Dr. Williams." And with that Liv's mother left.

"Cadey, would it be alright if I left for a moment or two? I, uh, I have to go use... use the restroom."

"Okay." Caden replied with a weak smile. Why is she acting so weird? As she left he started to think about Jon again. He had been occupying his thoughts a lot today. Why was he so nice? He couldn't... No, he definitely wouldn't like me.... Damn, why can't I just get him out of my head?!

Just at that moment, Liv came in looking very satified with herself. "Why do you look so happy?"

"Oh, no reason really." She sat down in the chair next to his bed, "Oh, I almost forgot," She started to dig around in her bag and finally pulled out a piece of paper. "Here, this is for you."

He gingerly took it. There were a couple of hastily scribble digits that looked like a phone number. "What is it?"

"Huh?" Liv had been staring at the clock. "Oh, it’s Jonathan's." She said it as if it was a completely normal bit of news. Cadey choked on nothing but air. "WHAT?"

Suddenly Liv got up, "I'm hungry. I’m gonna go get something from the cafeteria. I'll ask if I can bring you anything." And with that she left.

"LIV!" But she didn’t' turn around. Cadey closed his eyes. Why does Liv have Jonathan's number? Or more importantly -- how did she get it? He looked up at the sound of the door opening. "Liv, what did you mean when you said it was Jon--?"

But it wasn't Liv. It was Jonathan!

"Oh, h-hi. What a-are y-you doing h-here?" Dammit! Why do I keep stuttering? And why’s Jonathan smiling like that at me?

Jon sat down next to Caden who was so relieved that he was not hooked up to the heart monitor nearby, otherwise he was sure that it would be bleeping like crazy.

"I just wanted to check and see if you were alright." Jonathan still had a smile on his face.

"How d-did you know to c-come here?"

"Liv called me and told me that you were here. She invited me over. I hope that's okay?" Again that smile.

Cadey quickly shook himself out of his daze and nodded. "Y-Yeah, t-thanks. You didn’t h-have to." Caden couldn’t help but wondered why Jonathan’s smile grew even wider whenever Cadey stuttered.

"Oh here, I brought this over for you." Jonathan fumbled for something in his jeans pocket.

He brought me something?

Jonathan handed Cadey a paper and he immediately knew that it was the nude drawing he had done of Jonathan. Cadey blushed so hard that he blended in with his fiery hair.

"Th-Thank y-you," he muttered sheepishly.

Jonathan's smile grew into an awkward grin as he said, "Um, if you don't mind me asking -- why did you choose to draw me?" he had a gleam in his eye.

Oh shit! "Um, w-well..." He was saved by a doctor coming in.

"Hello Caden," the man looked over as Jonathan started to get up. "Oh, it's alright, you can stay," the doctor said, waving Jonathan back into his seat. "We're just going to do a quick physical."

What?! He looked over at Jonathan and saw that he made no move of getting up. Oh God, Jonathan is going to stay in here while I get a physical exam?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I am so evil. If you want to hear what happens next then YOU NEED TO COMMENT! LOVE YOU ALL WHO HAVE. *glares* at those who haven't.