Status: New co-author: dreamshadow ! ! ! (not meant to replace Zeek in any way of course.)

Forgotten

Midnight chats and Phonecalls

On the way home from the hospital Liv's mother said, "You know baby, that boy sure was cute!"

Cadey had always been "baby" to Liv's mom. Before he got a chance to say anything Liv chimed in, "Isn't he, but mom that is the Jonathan Whyte. You know Cadey's crush."

"Really? Oh that's just wonderful, and to think he was the one who saved Cadey. And he came to visit him in the hospital.” Stacy looked into the rearview mirror where she could see Caden, “You know baby, I think he likes you."

Ah, pathetic irony, why must thou torture me? Caden thought. It wasn’t fair because he just knew that he could never like him. The one guy he had to crush on may have finally given him the time of day but there was no way Jonathan could return his feeling. "No he doesn't," Caden whispered ever so softly, but both the women in the car heard.

Finally they reached Stacy and Liv's home. It was a beautiful old Victorian, with wide open windows. Whenever Cadey was here he felt safe, as if nothing bad could ever happen to him there. Stacy and Liv helped him into a wheel chair they had in the trunk and slowly helped him up the steps and into the house.

"Alright dear, do you want to stay down here or go up to Liv's room?"

"Up please," Cadey said. He and Liv needed to have a little talk in the privacy of her room.

"Alright baby. Liv, do you need help getting him up the stairs?"

"No, Mom I got it." By the way she said it Cadey knew that Liv understood what she was in for. He knew they were both eying his troubled expression wearily. Cadey may have been small and thin but when he was upset Liv and her mom called him the little fury from hell.

Liv helped Cadey into her room. It was odd to say the least though he had grown accustomed to it. Nothing had really changed in that room in years. Caden remembered the first time he had taken in the sight of it all: bright pink walls with a black crown molding, a neon purple carpet, and the bed’s comforter was a darker purple with hot pink pillowcases. Liv helped him onto the bed and then she sat down next to him.

"Alright I'm ready, but" she said, holding up a hand before he could start, "Remember I did this because I love you. So shoot! But I don't mean that literally," She added quickly.

"Liv! How could you have invited him over with no warning and leave me alone with him?! Didn’t you know the doctor had to give me an exam? As in a physical… where the clothes come off! What if Jonathan hadn't left?! I'd have something else to be utterly embarrassed about!"

Liv was a bit frightened by Cadey's verbal assault but she tried to placate him. "I just invited him over; he didn't have to accept."

"You knew he would because he was being nice!" Caden said viciously. But this time, it sounded more like he was talking more to himself that to Liv.

"How do you know that? And why, Mr. Smarty Pants, would he have nearly stayed while you were getting your physical?"

"B-Because he th-thought it would be nat-natural. I-I mean he is a j-jock, he’s used to seeing other guys naked." But Cadey sounded less sure of himself.

Liv pressed her advantage. "Right. That’s the only possible explanation. I mean there are the whispers of a rumor…. And after talking to him today…"

Cadey's face was now showing how unsure he was.

"He likes you," Liv spelled it out.

Caden shook his head. "Fine, you want proof? Tell me exactly he’s acted around you."

And so he did. He told her everything.

"Okay… so recap: you know he carried you because he didn't want you to get hurt more. Then he kept asking you about that picture because he wanted to know exactly what you think of him. And oh my God, wiping off your make-up… so sweet! And not exactly a straight-guy move. He’s clearly fascinated by you. And came to the hospital to see you because he cared. There’s being nice and then there’s being into someone. He’s into you."

He was trying to make up some random excuse, but he was sounding more convinced. "But what about me stuttering? He kept smiling --"

Liv smiled, "He probably thinks it’s cute."

"But th-that makes no sense -- why would he l-like me?"

"Oh I don't know!” Liv said, her voiced dripping with sarcasm, “I mean besides the fact that you're sweet, cute, shy, and loveable; I have no idea why he would like you."

"But Liv --"

"No buts! Now this is what you have to do," Liv picked up her phone, "you have to call him and tell him that you like him."

"BUT --"

"NO BUTS!" Liv said, quickly pulling the number Jonathan had given her from her pocket and dialing the number. She thrust the phone into Caden’s hands and he heard it begin to ring.

"Liv how can I --"

"Hello?" A woman's voice said.

"Um, h-hi. Is J-Jonathan there?"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"C-Caden. I-I know Jonathan f-from school."

"Oh yes, Caden. Jonathan told me what happened at school. Are you alright?" Mrs. Whyte had a kind, compassionate voice with genuine concern clearly audible through the phone.

"Y-Yes." Jonathan's been talking about me? Caden wondered, struck by the idea.

"Alright dear, hold on, let me go get him."

Cadey glared at Liv, but she simply smiled.

"Hello?" That deep, warm voice that Caden loved rang met his ear.

Oh God!
♠ ♠ ♠
Remeber what B said. Comment=Updates=Love=COMMENT OUR STORIES MORE! Love you all. Thank you. :)