Frankie

The Garage Hang-out

The next few days went by and Frankie was actually having fun. She would meet Adie and the guys behind the banking everyday before school and they would sit, smoke and chat until the morning bell went. She loved finally having friends and they all seemed so great. Even though she had only been in America for six days now, she had built a solid friendship between Adie, Billie, Mike and Tre, she felt like she had known them for years.

It was Friday after school and Frankie was waiting for the bus as usual. Adie and the guys spotted her and walked over.

"Hey, Frankie, you wanna walk home with us?" Adie asked.

"Sounds good, but, I don't know my way yet." She answered feeling slightly disappointed.

"Its cool, we can show you, where do you live?" Mike asked looking quite curious.

"Ok, cool. I live on Jones Street."

"Lucky for you we know exactly where that is." Tre said looking very mischievous like usual.

"Yeah you don't live far from Gilman, plus we all live around there so it ain't a problem." Billie explained.

They set off walking down the street and turned down an alleyway. There were trashcans and cardboard boxes scattered all over the place, amongst other things. They came out at the end of the alley and turned right up another street.

"You wanna come round to Billie's with us for a while, they're gonna practice some songs. You can sit and watch with me if you want?" asked Adie.

"Ermmm...I dunno guys, I mean it sounds fun and everything but..." Tre cut her off.

"Come on, it'll be fun, it always is and the more people the more fun." He pleaded.

"Ok then, its gotta be better than sitting at home watching my Mum clean the house." She exclaimed. "By the way Tre, you might.......oops to late."

Tre tripped over a tree root sticking up through the path and landed in a bush. They all started laughing, while Tre sat there on the floor looking slightly frustrated.

"Awwww man, every time you make us walk this way I trip on that fucking tree root." Moaned Tre as he picked himself up.

"I know, guaranteed every time, why do you think we walk this way dumbass, its just funny to watch." Billie laughed.

"Yeah it might be funny to you but it ain't funny to my ass." Tre continued to moan.

"Awww, poor you, but I must admit it is pretty funny." Frankie said giggling.

Once Tre had stopped moaning they carried on down the street and turned down another. They stopped about 5 houses down.

"Ok guys wait here while I go in and open the garage door." Billie explained as he walked up the driveway and into his house.

"So where do you 3 live then?" asked Frankie.

"I live on 9th street 7 doors down from Tre." Adie answered.

"Cool, what about you Mike?"

"Your standing in front of it." Answered Mike.

"Huh....oh you live with Billie, cool, how did that happen?"

"Yeah well my Mum moved back to Rodeo and I didn't wanna leave so I moved in here. Everyone's cool with it so its turned out great." Explained Mike.

Billie opened the garage door and Frankie's eyes lit up. She looked completely gob smacked.

"Wow, this is fucking awesome." Frankie said as she practically ran up the driveway. "Its like the perfect place to hangout."

Tre's drum kit was set up at the back of the garage between two amps and Billie's guitar was on a stand in the corner along with Mike's bass. There was an old blue sofa to the side and a small fridge at the end of the sofa.

"Yeah we spend most of our time here just jamming, stuff like that." Mike explained.

"Tre your drum kit is awesome, its better than mine." Stated Frankie as she walked over to it to get a closer look.

"You can have a go if you want." Offered Tre.

"You sure, I don't even let anyone touch mine."

"Yeah go ahead, you said you can play, well I wanna see."

"Yeah go on Frankie." Billie said agreeing with Tre.

Frankie sat down on the stool and started to play. She started off with a random beat hitting every drum several times and then went onto playing part of 'Teenage Lobotomy'. She looked up and saw them staring at her so she stopped.

"What?" she questioned.

"Wow that was excellent." Said Mike.

"Yeah you go girl." Agreed Adie.

"Was that the Ramones, Teenage Lobotomy, coz it sure as hell sounded like it?" Billie asked.

"Yeah, I just picked it up one day while I was listening to it." She answered.

Tre was just sat there with his mouth practically on the floor.

"Tre....hello....anyone there.......EARTH TO TRE!" Frankie shouted as she waved a hand in front of his face.

"Fuck me, how did you get so fucking awesome, I've never seen a girl drum like that?" asked Tre.

"I dunno, practice I guess." Answered Frankie grinning. "Well I'm glad someone appreciates my talent."

"What do you mean?" asked Adie.

"Well my Mum and Dad never really liked the fact that I could drum, they said it was just loud noise, but what the hell would they know they don't have a musical bone in their body they're just boring ass snobs." Answered Frankie.

Frankie and Adie sat on the sofa while the guys played a few of their songs. So far they had played 'Why Do You Want Him?', 'Strangeland', 'Sweet Children' and 'best thing in town'.

"Ok guys lets take break, I need food." Billie said as he turned off his amp.

"I concur." Agreed Tre.

"Yeah I wouldn't mind a nice big Chinese chicken salad myself." Mike replied imagining the plate of food.

"You know what I want, a Big Mac, fries and a beer." Said Tre drooling slightly.

"Mmmm....that sounds good and can I just say you guys rock." Exclaimed Frankie.

"Thanks, hey we have a fan, well besides Adie. So are you guys coming or what!" said Billie as he walked into the house through the adjoining door.

They all went into Billie's kitchen to find something to snack on.

"Ok, we got chips, cookies, last nights leftovers, some other shit and half of Mikes chicken salad, so sorry but there's no big Mac's Tre." Billie said as he handed everyone a soda.

"Awww, no beer either?" questioned Tre looking disappointed.

"Sorry Tre but you drunk it all last time remember." Answered Billie.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Anyway moving on, what's last nights leftovers?" asked Tre as he made his way to the fridge.

"Meatloaf and there's some chocolate pudding too." Billie answered handing the plate of meatloaf to Tre.

They all went back into the garage and sat down to eat. Frankie and Adie were sharing the bag of cookies while Mike ate his chicken salad and Billie and Tre split the meatloaf and chocolate pudding between them. They all finished eating and the guys decided to play a few more songs. They played '1000 Hours', 'green day', '409 in Your Coffeemaker' and '2000 Light Years Away.

"Once again you guys rocked." Complimented Frankie.

They all sat and talked for a while, listening to stories that Frankie was telling about her life in England and listening to random stories of crazy things that had happened to the guys over the past years they had known each other. They had such a laugh at some of the things that had happened they lost track of time.

"Hey guys what time is it coz it's getting dark?" asked Frankie.

"Ermmm....it's 8:15." Answered Adie looking at her watch.

"I best get going, I've got stuff to do." Explained Frankie grabbing her things.

"Well we'll walk you we might as well, we're going that way." Said Tre picking up his things as Adie did the same.

"Well I was hoping someone would seeing as I still don't know the way." Replied Frankie giving Tre a stupid look.

"We'll see you tomorrow then." Mike said standing up.

"Yeah, usual time." Answered Tre as he walked down the driveway.

"Bye guys." Frankie said as she followed Tre down the drive.

Adie kissed Billie goodbye then caught up to Tre and Frankie.

"So what's happening tomorrow then and at what time?" asked Frankie intrigued to know.

"Our usual Saturday hangout. We all meet at Billie's at 1:00, hang out for a while and then we go to Gilman at about 4ish and hang there till we get bored or something." Explained Tre.

"Cool, sounds like fun." Replied Frankie.

"Yeah it is. So you gonna come then?" Asked Adie.

"Course I am." Answered Frankie sounding excited.

"Ok well we'll knock on for you at about 12:45 then." Said Adie as they turned onto Frankie's Street.

They walked up to Frankie's house and said goodbye. Frankie watched Tre and Adie walk up the street and turn the corner before she went inside. She went upstairs and threw her stuff on the floor beside her bedroom door before going over to her stereo and putting in a ramones CD. She walked over to the corner and flopped down into her beanbag and just listened to the music. The busy, tiring week had caught up to her and she was beginning to feel tired. She turned off the stereo, got changed into an old t-shirt and some shorts and got into bed. She soon fell asleep thinking of the great time she had had hanging out with the guys at Billie's garage and hoping that tomorrow would be the same.