Born to Run Free

Your Biggest Regret

Celia and Sean sat in a taxi, making their way to NBC Studios to get ready for their final interview on their publicity tour, which happened to be for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. “So, are you excited for this to be our last interview?” Sean asked Celia.

“You know, I kind of have mixed feelings,” Celia admitted, slowly turning to Sean. “I’m not going to miss doing all of these interviews and commercials and stuff. But, I am going to miss hanging out with you,” she said honestly. “You know, when I was first told about this, I wasn’t happy at all. I didn’t want to do a publicity tour for Reebok, and I especially didn’t want to do it with you. But, I have to admit, I’m going to miss it. Though, I am excited to get back to playing soccer. I’ve missed playing every day. What about you?” she asked, looking over at him.

“I feel the same way. I’m happy to not have to listen to the same questions be asked in every interview, but I’m going to miss you,” he told her, causing a blush to creep across her cheeks. Even though they hadn’t talked about it since Celia had confessed that she did indeed have feelings for Sean, those feelings hadn’t subsided in that time for Celia. She still liked Sean, but he had made it clear to her that they couldn’t be together.

“So, you’ve been on Jimmy Fallon, right?” Celia asked, changing subjects, and Sean nodded his head. “Is it going to be like every other interview?” she asked.

“No, I don’t think so. He likes to do things a little differently. There’s usually some type of game or something with the guests. You’ll see what I’m talking about when we get there,” Sean told her.

“Okay,” Celia said, looking out the window.

Two hours later, Celia and Sean sat in two chairs next to Jimmy, getting ready to start the interview. “So, you two have been out on the road doing a promotional tour for Reebok this past month. How was that?” Jimmy asked them.

“Interesting,” Celia told him. “Never in my life did I think I would spend an hour with a hockey player, let alone an entire month. And, to have that hockey player be Sean Avery was even more interesting.”

“What do you mean by interesting?” Jimmy asked.

“A lot has happened in a month. I mean, I’m a totally different person than I was when this whole thing started,” Celia said.

“You’re a different person?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah, I’ve changed in a lot of ways. But, I think Sean has, too,” she added.

“So, he’s not this crazy scary hockey player that could totally kick my ass at any minute if I piss him off?” Jimmy asked jokingly.

“Oh no, he’s still all those things,” Celia laughed.

“Do you think you’ve changed this past month?” Jimmy asked Sean.

“Sure I have. I don’t know if it’s as drastically as Celia, but I’ve changed,” he nodded.

“Okay, well, we have to take a small break, but I was hoping that when we come back you two would want to play a little game with me,” Jimmy said.

“Sure,” Celia and Sean said simultaneously.

***

“We’re back with Celia McCall and Sean Avery, and we’re going to play a little game. First, we’re going to have Celia put some headphones on with some lovely music, and we’re going to ask Sean a few questions about Celia and see if he has learned anything about her these past few weeks of being together. And, then they’ll switch roles. Are you two ready?” he asked, and both nodded their heads. “Okay, Celia, put the headphones on,” he said, and Celia did as she was told. “You ready?” he asked Sean.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Sean answered.

“Okay, first question, who is Celia’s best friend and when did she meet him or her?” Jimmy asked, reading off of the card in front of him.

“I actually do know this one,” Sean told him. “Her best friend is Cooper, and they’ve known each other since preschool.”

“Okay, next question, if Celia didn’t play soccer, what would she do for a living?”

“I have no idea,” Sean said. “Maybe be a coach?” he offered.

“Okay,” Jimmy nodded his head. “And, finally, what’s been the greatest moment of Celia’s life?”

“Another question that I’m not sure about. I’d go with making the US National Team,” he answered.

“Let’s get those headphones off of Celia and see how much you know about her,” Jimmy said, and Celia pulled the headphones off after getting the signal to do so. “Celia, we asked Sean who your best friend is and when you met him or her.”

“He better have gotten this one right,” Celia laughed. “My best friend is Coop, and I met him in preschool when he let me borrow his crayons. He’s been helping me out ever since,” Celia said.

“And, that’s exactly what Sean said, that you met Coop in preschool,” Jimmy said, nodding his head. “And, then we asked what you would do if you weren’t playing soccer.”

“I would have been a CSI,” Celia answered quickly.

“Really?” Sean asked in surprise.

“Yeah,” Celia nodded her head. “I’ve always loved forensic science.”

“Sean said you’d be a coach.”

“Oh no, I don’t have the patience to be a coach,” Celia laughed.

“Finally, we asked what has been the greatest moment of your life.”

“Of course it would be when I first met Sean,” Celia answered sarcastically, earning a laugh from everybody.

“Sean said when you made the US National Team,” Jimmy told her.

“Oh, that comes in second after meeting Sean,” Celia smiled.

“Okay, let’s change places. Sean, you put the headphones on,” Jimmy ordered, and Celia handed him the headphones, which he put on. “Celia, what was Sean’s favorite subject in school?” he asked.

“Lunch?” Celia suggested with a laugh. “No, I’d say History. But, I really have no idea.”

“And, next, who was Sean’s first kiss with?”

“I have absolutely no idea,” Celia admitted. “It was probably some girl when he was like four. He seems like he’s always been the ladies’ man.”

“Yes, he really does,” Jimmy agreed. “Finally, what is Sean’s biggest regret?”

“Not finishing high school,” she answered without hesitation. “He dropped out to focus solely on hockey,” she further explained.

“Let’s have Sean take the headphones off and see how well you answered these questions,” Jimmy said, and they signaled to Sean to take the headphones off. “Sean, we first asked Celia what your favorite school subject was.”

“Recess,” Sean answered seriously.

“Damn, I said lunch.”

“That was a good subject, too,” Sean laughed.

“Who was your first kiss with?” Jimmy asked.

“I don’t remember,” Sean replied. “I’ve kissed too many girls.”

Celia rolled her eyes at his answer. “I said some girl when you were like four.”

“It probably was,” Sean agreed.

“Finally,” Jimmy interrupted. “What’s your biggest regret?”

Sean stared at Celia for a moment. “Not telling Celia how I feel,” he suddenly blurted out. Celia’s eyes went wide as she waited on him to continue.

“What?” she asked. “I said it was not finishing high school,” she said, remembering that they were still on air at the moment.

“I do regret that, but I regret not telling you how I feel before now even more. Celia, you told me that you were falling in love with me, and I told you that I couldn’t be with you,” Sean began, and Celia’s eyes widened even further, wishing him to stop talking while they were still filming. “I lied. Celia, I love you, too,” he admitted. “And, I know this is bad timing with us finishing up this promotional tour, but I was hoping that we could try a relationship.”

“Sean,” Celia began.

“Or not,” Sean quickly added, thinking she was going to reject him.

“No, I want to try a relationship,” Celia smiled, and Sean pulled her in for a kiss.

“And, there you have it, folks. People are falling in love on my show. Just think about it, when you two get married and have kids, you can tell them that their parents got together on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I’m sure they’ll be greatly impressed with that story,” Jimmy joked.

***

Celia hung up her phone after having just talked to Cooper for the past thirty minutes after he had called immediately after they had finished filming for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. “What does he think?” Sean asked her, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“That we took way too long to get together,” Celia laughed. “He said he figured that we would have gotten together within the first two weeks.”

“Well, we did,” Sean said, thinking back to the time that they had slept together.

“Yeah, when we were both wasted!” Celia exclaimed.

“It doesn’t matter. We’re together now, right?”

“Yeah,” Celia said. “But, how is this going to work? With you going back to play hockey and me going back to play soccer?” she asked.

“We’ll make it work,” Sean promised.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive,” he told her, kissing her deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know that was an extremely cheesy ending, but I hope you liked it anyways.

Oh, and for those of you that don’t know, I have a HUGE obsession with Jimmy Fallon, and I’ve been looking for the right time to add him into a story of mine, haha!

I just want to thank you all for reading. You all have been great, especially with waiting for updates!

I hope you all enjoyed the story!

Is it too much to ask for one final comment??