Born to Run Free

Big Yellow Taxi

Celia and Sean had gone back to their suite to change their clothes before going to find a bar to go to. Celia had put on an orange halter-top dress that was sure to get her noticed by every man in the bar. The bright color matched perfectly with her tanned skin, and Sean was the first to notice.

“Why are you staring?” Celia asked when she noticed Sean’s eyes roaming up and down her body. “Have you never seen a girl in a dress before?” she questioned while she took in his appearance. He had on a black dress shirt that was halfway unbuttoned, revealing part of his sculpted chest.

“Talk about staring,” Sean said with a smirk, and Celia’s eyes immediately peeled away from his chest and up to his eyes.

“Shut up,” she told him, turning towards the door. “Are you ready to go? Because I, for one, need a drink right now,” she muttered.

“Yeah,” he said, grabbing the card key to the suite. They walked outside, hailing a taxi, since they both knew that neither one of them was going to be sober enough to drive back to the suite. Celia immediately hailed a cab, as all she had to do was stick her arm out, and the younger-looking driver instantly stopped for her. Sean rolled his eyes at the driver who was obviously checking Celia out as he got in the back seat with her.

“Where to?” the driver asked, looking at his rearview mirror, right at Celia.

“Any bar around here,” she answered, and the driver nodded his head, turning his attention to the road as he pulled out right in front of another car.

Celia gasped as she noticed how close they were to being hit, and Sean looked at her questioningly. “I hate riding, especially in cabs. I like to be the one driving and in control,” she answered his unasked question, and Sean simply nodded his head a bit before glancing out the window.

Ten minutes later, the taxi pulled to the curb, and the driver glanced back at Celia. “This is the best bar in the city,” he told her, and Celia smiled at him, grabbing her money out of her purse. But, before she could hand it to him, Sean had already handed the man some bills, and he was now pulling on Celia’s arm to get her out of the cab.

“I could have paid,” she told Sean.

“You can pay on the way back,” he replied, walking inside with Celia following closely behind him. He immediately noticed nearly everyone in the bar staring at the two of them, or more likely, staring at Celia. Celia walked around him, immediately going to the bar and ordering her drink. Sean walked up behind her, catching the bartender’s attention to order his own drink.

Before he knew it, Celia had her drink and was walking to a random table, sitting down. Not even ten seconds later, a man walked up to her table, asking her if it was okay if he sat with her.

“Sure,” she smiled, taking in his appearance. He was dressed nicely, though not as nicely as Sean, and Celia could definitely see herself going back with him tonight. “I’m Celia, by the way,” she told him.

“Jason,” he introduced himself. “So, I haven’t seen you around here before. Are you new to the area?” he asked.

“You could say that,” Celia said. “Actually, I’m here on business. I’m leaving on Thursday,” she told him, and he nodded. “Do you live around here?” she asked, taking a sip of her drink. She hadn’t gotten her normal vodka and tonic, but instead had ordered a much stronger drink, and she could already feel it taking a small affect on her.

“Yeah, I live about ten minutes away,” Jason told her, and Celia smiled, thinking she had found the guy she was going home with tonight. “Maybe you can check it out later on,” Jason suggested with a sly smile.

“Definitely,” Celia agreed.

An hour and a half and too many drinks later, Jason was all over Celia, not that she was minding it, as she was just as drunk as he was. Sean looked past the girl that was currently flirting with him to look at Celia’s table. He saw Jason’s hand travel up her thigh and begin to go under her dress, and he refused to let it continue. Sean knew that he had had one too many drinks, but that wasn’t going to stop him from going over there.

Sean sat down in the seat next to Celia, glaring at Jason. “Who the fuck are you?” Jason asked, staring intently at Sean.

“I think you should leave,” Sean told Jason, who continued to stare at him. “Listen, either you can leave on your own, or I can make you leave, but either way, you’re leaving,” Sean told him. Jason saw the look in Sean’s eyes, and he knew he wasn’t kidding, and he immediately bolted out of his seat and made his way out of the bar.

“What the fuck was that?” Celia questioned, turning around towards Sean.

“He wasn’t the guy for you,” Sean said, shrugging his shoulders. “I’m sure you can do much better,” he added.

“Since when do you care about who I sleep with?” Celia asked, but Sean didn’t answer her. Instead, he ordered another drink for each of them, and their conversation changed topics.

“So, you really don’t have an idol?” Sean asked, remembering what she had said in their interview earlier in the day.

“Nope,” Celia replied, shaking her head. “People always disappoint, so what’s the point in looking up to them?”

“There has to be someone that hasn’t disappointed you,” Sean said.

“What does it matter?” Celia asked, ignoring Sean’s statement as she downed the rest of her drink. “I’m going to go get another one,” she told him, standing up and walking towards the bar, leaving Sean there sitting there, watching her as she went.

Another hour passed, and both Sean and Celia were completely plastered. “What do you say we get out of here?” Celia slurred, and Sean nodded his head.

They made their way outside, stumbling along the way. Sean tried to flag down a taxi, but none pulled up. Celia laughed at him, holding her hand out as two taxis pulled up at the curb. “How did you do that?” Sean asked her. Celia just laughed at him, getting inside.

The driver asked where they were headed, and Sean managed to tell him the hotel’s name. The driver nodded, and he pulled out into the street, almost hitting the car in the other lane.

Celia once again gasped, closing her eyes tightly. Sean noticed her expression, and he put a hand on her leg. “It’s okay,” he whispered in her ear, and she slowly opened her right eye to look at him.

“I hate taxi rides,” she reminded him.

“Well, let me take your mind off of them,” he spoke as he crashed his lips onto hers. Celia immediately responded, happy for the distraction. She resituated herself, neither one of them concerned with the driver sitting in the front seat. Sean’s hand rested on her waist with his other hand tangled in her hair.

Before they knew it, the driver slammed on the brakes, and Sean and Celia pulled apart, looking out the window to see they had arrived at the hotel. Sean quickly paid the driver, grabbing Celia and pulling her into the hotel, wanting to tangle his hands in her hair once again.

“I thought I was going to pay on the way back,” Celia whined.

“Does it really matter?” Sean asked, getting into the elevator and pulling Celia in with him. Before she could respond, Sean’s lips were on Celia’s again, and he pushed her against the wall of the elevator, not realizing she was pressed against the buttons, causing them to stop on the next floor.

The doors opened, and Sean pulled apart for a moment, looking to see if anyone was going to come in. He noticed the buttons to all the floors were pushed, and he laughed to himself before grabbing Celia and pulling her close to him.

By the time they had reached the correct floor, Celia and Sean were both being pushed to their limits. Celia reached into Sean’s back pocket, grabbing the card key and trying to insert it into the door with many problems from the alcohol impairing her vision.

Sean took the key from her, and after fumbling with it himself, he finally got it and the green light flashed. As soon as they were inside, Celia pulled on Sean’s shirt, dragging him closer to her until their lips were attached once again.

She began messing with the buttons on his shirt, trying to unbutton them, but to no avail. Finally, Sean grabbed her hands in his to get her to stop and pulled the shirt up over his head. She put her hand on his chest, moving downward, feeling his sculpted abs.

They began grabbing at each other’s clothes, ripping them off. As Sean guided Celia back towards his bedroom, they left a trail of discarded clothes along the way. Just as they were about to enter the bedroom, Celia suddenly pulled apart, and Sean looked at her curiously.

Celia held up one finger, silently telling him to hold on a moment as she ran to the door. She quickly stuck the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign outside on the door handle and then ran back to Sean who was waiting in the bedroom doorway.

She put her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his as he guided her towards the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments???