Insomnia

Andrew Jones

-Stella, I love you.
-I don’t, Andrew. Please leave me alone.

She ran off after that, just my luck made her stop to take one last look at me in front of a car, driven by my mother. After that incident she told me that Stella was suicidal and would’ve wanted that; Stella had told me she was moving to New York with her parents because she got a job in a play, I don’t know who should I trust, but as usual, I’ll just go with my mother.
As usual, the envelope arrives at 6:30 in the afternoon, at that time I’m cleaning the last tables before dinner time at the hotel, Maria always shows up at 6:45 so I make sure to leave her table immaculate, I wouldn’t want her thinking I’m too lazy to not clean it. Maria reminds me a lot of Stella, they have the same hair and almost same height, Stella could be her sister or maybe her failed clone. Could Maria be related to my beautiful Stella? Maybe, if that’s true I must keep her away from my mother, she’d probably kill her.
Sometimes I miss my mother a lot, but then I remember all she’s done to me and I don’t regret having her killed in front of my father. Even today he thanks me for showing him the truth and putting him in a place where he can’t hurt me or himself, I’m a good child. My name’s Andrew Jones and I killed my mother.

The envelope is here but this time it seems larger and heavier, could they have raised my salary? Probably so, since I’m a perfect waiter in such fancy hotel I don’t deserve the 300 dollars I make, I surely deserve at least 500 per night. My boss is a bitch who thinks I’ve done nothing more but kiss ass to get my high salary, thing is, my other boss is homosexual and I’m straight, even though I’ve loved to experiment I do think penises are made to hurt, not to pleasure anyone. Natalie’s my only friend and I appreciate her alone, she told me the first time about Maria and her cleaning habits, I make sure Maria eats right and she makes sure to take pictures of her while she showers to then e-mail them to me. Most people would think I’m a terrible person to ask Natalie to take those pictures, but my Maria would never agree on such thing and I like her expression when I’m not looking at her, she seems more beautiful than ever.

Her eyes look empty tonight, Natalie says it’s because her parents haven’t called her in a long time, I think it’s because she misses my presence in her sleep. She pretends to not know me, asking me my name and looking annoyed, but I know we’ve got a deep connection. I leave the dinning room at the usual time and head back to the kitchen. My boss looks annoyed and asks me to open my envelope and follow the instructions, now I must get pampered up and go to the lobby, something tells me Maria will be there, too.

-Maria…
-Hey… - she doesn’t seem to recognize me.
-I’m Andrew, the one who serves your food every day
-Oh, sure… hey – I bet she’s just joking around.

The lights go out after an awkward stare and I can’t help but kiss her, it could be my only chance to touch her amazing lips. The lights go back up and she’s staring at me disgusted, I feel good, really good and can’t wait to go further when this starts over.

The rest of the people in the lobby seemed confused at the sudden light change; they’re pretty much like animals that you must train in order to control. I’m the chosen one to control them, even though I’m not exactly leader material, I’m the only one with the intelligence to actually lead these people into victory. Maria’s gone; I freak out at her absence and glare at the nearest breathing being, Caroline Schneider. That control freak’s always been jealous of Maria; I can tell because she looks at her and has indeed tried to talk to her, I’m sure she wants to take her away from me! The rest of the people don’t seem to care why they’re here, I care for them, because if the longer they survive, the further I’ll be able to go with Maria.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] sorry about delay, my brain's been dead lately. Andrew's pretty much sick in the head, but he does care for Maria, just in a really twisted way.