Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 12

"Ow! Dammit, Wade. That hurts." I tired to pull my injured hand out of Wade's grip but he wouldn't let go. We were back in the SUV heading back to the hotel.

"Nice job, Muhammad Ali. You dislocated two of your fingers. This is gonna hurt a little." Wade started to pull my dislocated fingers, but I pulled my hand away.

"What are you gonna do?" I placed my hand out of Wade's immediate reach.

"I have to put yours fingers back in place or would you rather only have the use of eight. Now give me your damn hand. It won't hurt that much." Wade roughly grab my hand and pulled.

Another loud crack echoed though the car, quickly followed by my voice. "Son of a bitch." I removed my hand from Wade's grip, afraid that he would make the pain worse.

Wade smiled. "I lied. It'll hurt a lot." I just glared at him while I flexed my burning hand. It was three o'clock by the time we got back to the hotel. Even at that hour the hotel lobby was busy. The elevators were so crowd that we had to go up in two separate groups. I ended being pushed into the corner with Wade. An elderly lady next me gave me a disapproving look. I knew she had saw my feet and the lack of shoe's on them. I had quickly removed my shoes once I was in the car. I had walked barefoot all the way through the lobby. I smiled kindly back at her.

When the elevators door opened on the fifth floor, I roughly pushed my way through. The fifth floor hallway was empty, as it should be. Stryker had rented the entire floor. Wade and I were alone in the hallway. I started to head to my room, but I stopped when Wade put his arm causally around my shoulder. If felt different from when Remy did it. It fit. "What are you doing, Wade?" I asked in a low voice.

"Jesus, Lorna. Don't tell you never excepted this to happen between us? It's going to happen sooner or later. And I was thinking that we should do it while Stryker isn't around to interfere." Wade said slowly. Stryker was in Washington D.C., dealing with some military stuff that didn't interest me.

It was true. I was expecting Wade and I to have some sort of relationship together. As the extend of the relationship, I wasn't sure. As far as having a serious relationship with him, I doubted that I was ready. I wasn't the greatest person when it can to stuff like that. I'll admit that I was physically attractive to Wade. It wasn't that hard to be. "Just sex? No 'I love you's or girlfriend boyfriend crap?" I asked bluntly.

Wade laughed quietly. "God, no. Just sex. I promise." To everyone else it probably would have sounded like the wrong promise to make.

I quickly turned around and pulled Wade with me. "If we're doing this, we're not doing it in my room."