Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 16

I practically ran through the fort to the sleeping quarters. I threw my cloths into a large green duffel bag. I didn't take the time to fold the cloths, I just forced them into the bag. The task took longer than it normally would because my hands were shaking very violently. Once I was finished packing I put on a thin black jacket and walked out of the bunk house. With a calmer pace I went to the car garage. Every vehicle in the fort was stored there. Everything from government owned Humvees to personal cars. The majority of the large garage was filled with military vehicles but there was a few regular cars. I found one that I liked. I was never into cars so I wasn't sure was kind of car it was. All I knew was that it was a black Cadillac and it looked fast. "Hey! You! I need the keys to this car." I said in a very demanding voice to a soldier, who was sitting by a wall that had a lot of key hanging on it.

The soldier looked at the car and them back at me. "But that's Colonel Stryker's car."

Of course it is. I said to myself. "I know that. Now give me the keys, soldier." I said, trying my best to me authoritative. The soldier quickly handed me the key, but he carried a very confused look on his face. I jumped into the driver's seat and turned the car on. It was clear from the inside that the car was very expensive. The windows were heavily tinted and the black leather interior made it very dark inside the car. I carefully maneuvered the car out out of the garage and up to the front gate. I guess they recognized the car because they opened the gate without question.

After a few minutes of driving, I turned into a gas station to gather my thoughts. I decided that I would have to go to Boston to see if Stryker was telling the truth. What I would do after that would depend on what I found when I got there. I then searched the car. There was nothing in the backseat, so I looked in the console. Inside I found a Frank Sinatra CD, a couple hundred dollars, a VISA credit card, and a GPS system. When I opened the glove box, I quit breathing. Inside was a large handgun. I carefully picked up the shiny silver gun and examined it. It was a a loaded 50 caliber Desert Eagle. Also in the glove box was extra ammunition. I quickly replaced the gun and closed the glove box.

The car only had half a tank of gas so I decided to fill it up using the credit card. I would use it until Stryker canceled it. After I filled the car up, I went into the gas station to get something to eat. The last time I ate was almost two days ago. I grabbed a large bottle of water and a bag of chips. The old person behind the counter gave me a dirty look which was probably a product of my green hair. As I reached the car I noticed that a couple teenage boy were admiring it from the sidewalk. "Nice car." One yelled as I grabbed the door handle.

"Thanks." I yelled back with a smile on my face. Once I was in the car I programed the GPS for Boston, Massachusetts. Following it's direction I merged on to I-20.