Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 29

I skidded to a haul when I saw the scene that was laid out in front of me. The ally was the same as I remembered it except for a group of tin trash cans that were placed by the door. Another new addition was Victor standing over John's dead body. Victor looked very much the same but some how he was more frightening now. Maybe it was the murderous look on his face or maybe it was simply the long intimating black coat he was wearing.

Victor had seen me with I came barging out the door, so running away without being noticed wasn't an option. He didn't say anything as he moved towards me. In response to each step Victor took towards me, I took a step back. I had barely gone three feet when I walked into the wall. My eyes flicked to John's lifeless body and then to Victor, who was less than a foot away from me with a smile on his face. It made me feel small; him standing over me. I continued to push myself against the brick wall, hoping to become invisible.

I was so consumed with fear that I didn't even react when Victor put his hand on throat. "Say 'hello' to Wade for me." Victor said in a menacingly. Then my air was cut off and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I started to panic. I pulled and scratched at Victor's hand but that only caused him to squeeze harder. The lack of oxygen to my brain caused me not to be able to think straight. I could only focus on the pain in the throat and my screaming lungs. So this is how I die? I thought to myself as my vision started to turn black. I heard a noise that sounded like an explosion but I wasn't sure. My vision now was almost completely engulfed in blackness and I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

Then just when I was about to lose consciousness, Victor loosened is grip and I fell to the ground. I landed on my side and I immediately started gasping for air. The sudden rush of oxygen to my lungs caused me to cough a few times. When I rolled onto my back I finally became aware of what was happening around me. Victor had disappeared but I still wasn't alone in the ally. Logan must of said or did something because him and Remy were in the mist of a fight. With a headache, I quickly got to me feet intenting on ending their fight.

But Logan beat me to it. He had managed to disarm Remy of his staff and get him pinned against the wall. I walked over to them, while avoiding the large amount of debris that now filled the alleyway. Logan released Remy when I finally reached them. Both looked exhausted but seemingly unharmed. "You okay, kid?" Logan asked, looking at me with uncertainty.

"I'm feel fantastic." I said sarcastically. My throat hurt and each time I inhaled my lungs burned.

"Do I know you?" Remy said, turning his head towards me and looking me up and down. Recognition swipe across his face a few seconds later. "You!" He said accusingly.

"Hi." I said quietly, trying to look as innocent as possible.