Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 30

I few hours later I found myself sitting in the back of a pontoon plane. I was amazed that the plane was able to stay in the air; it looked rather old and unsafe. The plane shook violently each time it hit an air pocket. When I looked out the small window, the only thing I could see was a sky full of clouds. My powers told me that we had probably just entered Pennsylvania. Being so near home made me more homesick. The plane shook violently again."You don't like flying, do ya?" Remy said with a bit of laughter from the pilot seat.

"I'm fine. Just concentrate on what you're doing." Logan said from the seat next to him with annoyance.

"You sure? You got some sweat on your brow there." Remy laughed.

"Very funny. Keep your eyes on the - " Logan started.

"On what? The clouds?" Remy asked.

"Logan, calm down." I said feeling slightly lightheaded. Both of them turned around and gave me critical looks.

"Where'd get this thing anyway?" Logan asked, still uncomfortable.

"I won her in a game. Jacks over fives." Remy said proudly.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" I asked. I doubted that Stryker would have his base in the middle of Pennsylvania. And I had never heard of an island any where in Pennsylvania. The small plane was starting to make me feel claustrophobic.

"Relax, doll. We're almost there." Remy said, not bothering to look at me. I exhaled heavily. I figured all the anxiety was starting to have an effect on me because being called 'doll' upset me more than it usually would. But I didn't say anything. A minute later Remy said, "There it is. The island. Three Mile Island. Hiding in plain site. No ones going to snoop around a nuclear reactor. They think it's going to turn them into freaks."

"Like you." I said quietly, but Remy still heard it. Remy turned around and flashed me a large perfect smile. I turned away to look out the window.Three Mile Island was in the Susquehanna River just south of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Though the clouds the only thing I could make out were the two larger cooling towers and some smaller buildings scattered though out the island.

I was still staring out the window when Logan opened the door to the plane. Wind engulfed the cabin and my already disheveled hair blew into my face. I started to get up to join him when he shot me a hard glare. "You're staying here, kid." Logan said harshly.

"The hell I'm not!" I said loudly.

"This isn't your fight. I shouldn't have let you come in the first place. You're staying here." Logan said, ending the discussion. There were a thousand reasons I thought of for me to go with him but I kept my mouth shut. I sat back down, admitting defeat. Logan stared down at the river for a seconds, breathing deeply, then he jumped. I quickly shut the door back as Remy started to turn the plane away from the island.

I jumped into the seat next to Remy and said, "Fly over the island." My voice was very demanding.

"Uh, listen doll - " Remy started to say.

"I'm not a porcelain doll, you chauvinist worm!" I yelled.

It took Remy about I second to process what I said. "Pig. Chauvinist pig." He corrected me, over a small laugh.

"Worm, buster. I like pigs." I said, fighting my own laughter. "Now fly over the damn island." Remy turned the plane back to the island as I opened the door back up. He slowed as the plane entered the sky above the island.

When I was about to jump I heard Remy say, "Hey, Lorna." I took my eyes off the moving ground hundreds of feet below me and looked at Remy. His face was serious; almost worried. "Don't die, okay?" My response was a small smile before I jumped out of the plane, into the air.