Souvenir of Young Love

Lipstick Lullabies

"Come with me, my love, to the sea, the sea of love. I wanna tell you how much I love you", I sang sweetly, hoping it would drown out the awful noise.
That awful noise I've heard for the past 27 months. I should've known by now, it wouldn't work. Well it didn't hurt to try right?
It only stopped when I sang a certain song. The same song he sang me. It always reacted as if it was put under the sleeping beauty spell; it would just instantly fall quiet.

"Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones, turn into something beautiful. You know, you know I love you so. You know I love you so."

The ear wrenching sound stopped, as was expected.

"No more crying now ok? Mommy was right down the hall talking to Aunt Livy."

I gently placed him down in his crib, knowing soon enough he would fall asleep into a nice three hour nap. Naps have been popular these days. For both Mommy and Jayden.

Jayden. Jayden Oliver. My baby. My son. Only 2years and 3 months old. Small talker. Always clung to his mommy. Never wanted to leave her side. Never seen his father, never asked to either. It's always just been Aunt Livy, Mommy, and Jayden Oliver Beckett. An undergraduate mother, almost graduate somewhat of an aunt, and to top it off living in the hustle and bustle of New York. I think its was a pretty good life.

I have a well supportive job doing what I love in a place that I love. I get to travel alot, well more like WE get to travel alot. My job pays for Jayden's travel expenses too. So its not so bad being an only parent. And I always have Liv for support and help when I'm out doing a shoot. She is amazing. Always willing to help. She's been helping since the beginning when I first met her, 2 months preggo. She never cared, no matter how much the favor even asked for. If I could, I would officially declare her a saint.

We live in a nice apartment in the upper west side of the city. Very artistic and cultural area. It has what we need, maybe a little more. It's not that far away from Central Park, where Jayden likes to visit alot. It's a nice area, well considering its a city. Not 'ol Chicago, of that which I'm used to, but it wasn't that hard to adjust (seeing those middle-of-nowhere-small town people coming and trying to adjust to the city lifestyle? Now THAT was hysterical).

If your thinking I'm leaving something out, well let me know.

Because it does feel like something's missing.
♠ ♠ ♠
i stayed up till 2 am to do this for you guys . no excuses from me and I'm sorry. I'm updating ahead of myself, so I have like 5 chapters already. I'll be posting about an update per week maybe 2, if I'm feeling good. Comment and feedback would be lovely. Id appreciate any opinions on my writing, on my, about the sequel, or whatever, just message me haha