Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

Door Knocker

I pull away from Zach still looking at his wings. They look so strange. I wonder how they feel. Without any conscious thought my fingers stretch out and run across Zach's wing. It is not leathery as I expected, instead they are so soft. It feels like velvet.
"Lillian!" I hear my aunt scream through the house.
She must be looking for me.
"Damnit!" I hiss as I leap inside my window.
Zach tries to follow but just as he gets one leg inside, I push him back out. He lands on his hands and knees then looks up at me.
"What was that for?" He asks me.
I just snatch Zach's cloths out from under Alex who had decided it would be a great idea to curl up on top of them. Zach is hit in the face by his cloths as I toss them out the window then slam it shut. My blanket is just pulled over the top of Alex when Sophia bashes on the door. Should I open the door? I already regret ever standing up to that woman.
"Open this door or end up moving out!" Sophia screeches from the hallway.
I hurry over to the door. As soon as I undo the lock Sophia slams the door open sending me to the ground.
"What the hell did you think you were doing out there?" Sophia screams at me.
"I'm sorry" I say scooting back until I feel the wall.
"You will be" she hisses at me.
As I watch her pull her leg back, I see a glimpse of Zach flying up over the house. I put my hands up to try and defend myself but the kick hits me squarely in the stomach knocking all the breath out of me.
"Now don't you ever pull another move like you did earlier" Sophia hisses at me before pulling her leg back again.
I cringe waiting for the blow. Sophia halts when the door bell rings. She immediately straigtens her cloths and flicks her hair back off her face. Her face turns from the snarling mess of hatred to the picture of calm.
"Now, I have company coming over tonight" Sophia explains still with that evil tone, "If you set one foot outside of this room or if I hear one noise uttered from here, I will send you out onto the streets with nothing. I don't care if you are starving to death or busting for the toilet. Understand?"
I nod. The door bell rings again.
"Look what you have done, you have made me late to greet my guests" Sophia snaps.

Just as I think she has finished my punishment for this afternoon she suddenly kicks me in the head. My head snaps backwards and into the wall. Black spots appear across my vision. My bed room door is slammed shut after her footsteps retreat from the room. Slowly I sit up leaning against the wall. The whole room spins slightly. From the front door I hear Sophia start to greet any guest but stops suddenly.
"What? A door knocker! Why do these brats trick people?" Sophia yells then slams the door.
I suppose she found no body waiting at the door. There is a light tap at my window and I look up to see Zach. He tries to open the window but when I moved into this room I made sure it couldn't be opened easily from outside. Using the wall for support, I stand up. The dizziness is still slowly passing but my vision is fine. I unlock the latch on the window and pull it open.
"What the hell was that?" Zach asks worriedly as he pulls me into a tight hug.
"Nothing" I say trying to back away from him.
He lets go of me.
"Can you see alright? Do you have a headache?" Zach asks quickly.
"I'm fine" I say trying to shrug off the situation.
"No, that is awful. why do you put up with that treatment, report her to the police" Zach says using a stern tone.
Is he being serious? I couldn't do that!
"No! Now are you going home or coming with me?" I ask trying to change the subject.
"Of course I am coming with you" Zach replies quickly
I sigh then cross the room to lock the door again. Zach waits at the window and even helps me out of it. Despite my constant reassuring that my head is fine, he won't stop giving me concerned glances. I get frustrated and with two brisk beats of my wings I start to lift off the ground. My vision goes slightly dark for a moment and I nearly drop back to the ground but Zach catches me. Damn him and his helpfulness.
"You alright?" he asks.
My feet touvh the ground just after his but he keeps his arms around me.
"I'm fine" I reply.
"Are you sure you are okay? You look pale" He says.
"I'm fine" I repeat pulling away from him.
He releases me.
"I really don't think you should be flying" Zach tells me earnestly.
"You aren't my dad so stop acting like it" I respond then regret it.
I shouldn't be hating him for being so kind, it's just strange.
"It's just that I heard about your little accident while trying to fly the other night" Zach says softly.
"What? How would you know about that?" I demand then realise he was only trying to watch out for me.
After a long sigh I apologise for snapping at him. I did have some right to snap at him because how would he find out about my failed attempt to fly?
"It's fine" He says reffering to my apology but says nothing about how he disovered I flew straight into my fence.
Without a moment to spare he leaps into the air easily hovering over the ground with powerful beats from his wings. I follow his example but find I am less graceful in the act. My wings work harder than his to keep me off the ground because my wings are so weak. I should really fly more often to get their strength up.

"Why are you struggling so much? Do your feathers make it hard to fly?" He asks me.
His comments sting like an insult but I know he is merely curious.
"I just don't fly often" I admit quietly.
"I'd better get you in the sky more" Zach says with a smile "Now lead the way"

I return his smile then start the journey to the cemetary. Should I go there while I have someone with me? Zach has already seen too much about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I am glad to announce I am starting to write more often again. The only problem is I have more and more assignments. I am trhying to spilt my time but it is hard while also rehearsing for a musical. Oh well.
Once again this chapter may have a few mistakes because I don't have my normal programs.
Tell me what you think.

I am so very grateful for the comments I received from the last chapter.
I ask for your speculation on the matter of:
Zoe's power? (I kno she wasn't mentioned in this chapter but I would still like to hear what you think it will be, I just worked out today what it is.)
Zach's knowledge of Lillian's terrible crash into the fence? (How did he know? What else does he know?)
Sophia? (Do you like her? I sure don't. Is she not evil enough? Too evil?)
Still I wonder what Lucien is learning from his father as the 'family trade'? (Will it change who he is? Will he still want to have anything to do with Lillian? will he forgive her when he returns?)

Alright I must continue my assignment work.
Thank you for reading/commenting/subscribing.
Sorry to all the commenters of the last chapter that I didn't add you names and links to your profile into this Author's note. I promise to next time.

Lurking_shadow