Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

Like A Deer Caught In The Headlights.

I grimace in disgust at him as his spit lands on my shoulder. Rage suddenly streaks through his eyes.
"You can't be disgusted with me!" he thunders and I shrink back terrified "You're the awful one! Stupid creature!"
He suddenly kicks me making my teeth rattle together. I cry out in pain, breaking every silent promise I had made with myself and my family to be strong against this monster. He raises the blade in his hand and shoots forward aiming for my neck. I can't defend myself so I am forced to lay cowering on the ground as he shoots towards me. Before the blade is just thirty centimeters from my neck, I see some sanity creep back into his eyes and it forces back the rage.
"No!" Zach yells as I see the blade coming down.
I squeeze my eyes tight shut and await the blow, but it never comes. Instead he forces the blade into the ground right beside my neck. I lay almost still. My only movement is my uncontrollable shaking. He sneers at me.
"I wouldn't kill you yet" I am informed "No creature can make me waste so much time tracking them down to then only get away with death"
I open my mouth to respond with an insult but the words die on my tongue as he glares at me.
"Get away from her!" Zach yells struggling in the net, further entangling himself.
He angrily turns on Zach and kicks him in the jaw snapping his head back.
"Zach!" I scream unable to help it.
His body lays completely still in the tangle of rope. For one horrible moment I think he is dead.
"You fucking monster! You inhuman beast!" I scream at him but the movement of Zach's chest stops me.
A small rise and fall of Zach's chest lets me know Zach is merely unconscious.
"Shut up bitch" he orders and kicks me in the stomach.
My hands pull against the binds as I curl up a bit. The knife cuts into my neck as I move. Pain shoots through my abdomen.
"Where is he with that car?!" he demands.
I cough trying to steady my breathing again after all my breath was knocked from me.
"Stay here, move an inch and you will suffer worse" he threatens in a deadly tone.
I nod causing the knife to cut me again. He stomps off towards the gate. Once he is out of sight I immediately start struggling to snap the binds at my back. It is no good. There is no chance I could simply snap them before I managed to break my arms trying. I turn to try and wriggle over to Zach but the knife catches my shoulder cutting into the flesh painfully. That's it! I will use the knife to escape. It is difficult but I manage to sit up with my back to the knife. I press my binds against the blade and start sawing at them with the knife still stuck in the ground. It is hard work and I make little progress. Zach is the one who has to escape, not me. I heave at the knife and finally it comes out of the ground. There mustn't be much time left before he returns. I start to wriggle over the gravel with my chest on the ground and my knees pushing me forward. Gravel digs into my skin and I soon start to bleed. Tears start to roll down my face but I push on.
"Only one more metre" I whisper to myself through the pain.
As I wriggle the blade cuts into my binds and my wrists. I almost scream as the knife pierces my skin. With just half a metre to go my binds finally snap after the blade has worn them away. My hands are covered in a thin layer of blood that is trickling from my wrists.

Finally I make it. I am covered in sweat, dirt and blood. My breaths are uneven as the pain worsens. Dirt and sweat mix together on my skin to sting my wounds.
"Zach" I whisper "get up, Zach"
I nudge him but there is no response.
"Get up" I plead.
I shake him. Once I know I can't wake him up I start to cut away the net. I free him through my own pain that is sending black dots swarming through my vision.
"Get up!" I hiss as loud as I dare.
He shows some signs of waking but he isn't recovering fast enough. I grab his shoulders and try to lift us both of the ground. We manage to fly only thirty centimeters up before my wings give in. I am not strong enough to fly us both home. The crash manages to disturb him though. His eyes open and the pupils are dilated. They start to clear and become normal. Confusion sweeps across his face.
"What happened to the man?" he slurs out still not fully conscious.
"Had to get the car, they'll be back soon" I whisper hurriedly.
I have grabed the knife and I am desperately sawing at the tape around my ankles. It starts to come away as I hear a car approaching the cemetary. I saw quicker and cut my legs numerous times. I don't care, I have to save Zach and maybe myself. Zach is starting to recover and is telling me to hurry. I ignore him until finally I cut away the tape. He grabs my arm and tries to stand. I stand quickly with him and catch him as he wobbles a bit. That was a massive hit he took, I have heard of some people dieing after a knock like that. Apparently it is easy to snap a neck by a full force kick. I help him stagger away.
"We have to fly" I tell him.
My heart beats rapidly in my chest as I hear car doors slam shut. Zach opens his wings and winces. A small metal dart object protrudes from his right wing. Should I take it out or leave it in?
"Let's make this quick" his voice instructs from near by.
"Run" I hiss.
We weave around headstones. Zach stumbles a few times but I hold tight. Ther is no way we are being caught.
"Shit!" he yells "They've escaped! Find them!"
Hearing that command propels me forward furhter. We are forced to stop as a massive cement wall looms ahead of us. What are the designers of this place trying to do? Make sure the dead people don't escape? No one needs a wall and metal gates to surround their cemetery!
"I'll boost you up" I say to Zach and stand at the wall.
He shakes his head.
"Just get away, fly" he tells me.
I grit my teeth then grab his arm and start to flap my wings.
"What are you doing?" he hisses.
I can't reply because of the effort it is taking to lift us both off the ground. Zach isn't that big but my wings are so weak it is a wonder I can fly. I make it just half way up the wall when we slowly start to loose height. This is impossible. I use everything in me to force myself higher but I can't do it. Zach starts to beat his wings too. It must be excruciating for him. We start to rise over the wall much quicker.
"There they are!" He yells.
I freeze at his voice causing us to drop. Zach keeps beating. His breaths are laboured proving how much pain he is in.
"Help" he pants out.
I start beating my wings again quicker. We clear the wall easily as we work together. Zach stops beating his wings and we crash to the ground together. I help him up then we start to sprint. This is all unfamiliar to me. My eyes dart around wildly as my heart beats against my rib cage. Light flashes through my vision. I start to grow dizzy and confused but I keep running. Zach trips on something. He skids along the ground and I try to stop but we have been running to fast. I stumble out and bright lights suddenly blind me. THEY'RE HEADLIGHTS! I realise it too late. I'm caught just like a deer. My eyes squeeze shut as I wait for it all to end.
"Lillian!" Zach yells but he won't be able to save me.
Tires squeal as the driver hits the brakes. I am frozen to the spot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.
Sorry if there are some mistakes in this. I still have no writing program. Oh well. Enjoy. =D

Thanks for reading/subscribing and especially commenting.

Lurking_shadow