Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

Golden Cord

Depsite popular belief, my whole life doesn't flash before my eyes. Time, however, does seem to slow down. My whole body has tensed for the moment the blue van will strike me. Instead of a hit from the van, I am thrown to the side by someone. At the shock of the blow my eyes shoot open. I glimpse the terrified face of the driver as well as Zach looking on in horror. He has scrambled to his feet. Someone's arm is wrapped around me. They've saved my life. Pain shoots through my shoulder as I and my saviour hit the road. How did they reach me so quickly? Who are they? Where'd they come from? Questions race through my mind as I lay still watching the van screech to a halt. The van has finally come to a stop four metres down the road from where I was just standing.
"Are you okay?" My saviour asks as they let go of me.
Everything starts to return to it's normal pace. Zach races over to the my saviour and I.
"Are you alright?" Zach says grabbing my hand.
I turn my head and find Blake looking at me concerned. He saved me? Where did he come from?
"Fine" I answer trying to sit up.
Zach places his hand on my shoulder telling me to just take a seond to recoup. I shake my head.
"We have to run" I argue.
I shake his hand off my shoulder before turning to Blake.
"Thanks for saving me" I say "Not to seem ungrateful, but what in God's name are you doing here?"
Blake smiles before answering "No problem, we all have to look out for each other"
The driver has now gotten out of his van and rushed over to us. What a sight we must be. Zach's back is covered in blood that is still trickling out of his injured wing. My whole body is coated in grass, dirt and blood. In fact, my hands have now been dyed red from my blood.
"I am so sorry, you just popped out of no where" the driver starts to gush "and, and, and", confusion sweeps over his features "What the hell happened to you three?"
No one else is realising the danger we are in! He could be hiding behind one of these trees with a gun waiting to take the shot. We have to get out of here. Should I ask for a lift from this strange man that nearly hit me with his van, or should I keep running around wildly in an unfamiliar area?
"It's fine, no harm done" Blake responds to the driver
"Are you kids alright?" He asks still studying Zach and I.
"We're cool" Blake says "Our mum will be here in a minute, have a good evening"
The driver nods and turns to leave. He stops still unsure if we are in need of help.
"We need to get out of here" I hiss at Zach.
My eyes dart around the tree line. Who will he shoot first? Obviously not me because it has been made clear that he intends to torture me. Zach just shakes his head and places both hands on my shoulders from behind as I remain facing Blake. The driver has slowly made his way back to his van. He starts the vehicular. The van cruises slowly down the road before gaining speed. I try to get to my feet to pull these two idiots out of here but Zach keeps me in place. How can he not see the danger we are in?!
"Zach!" I hiss as loudly as I dare while the thought of him looms over me "That man from before is going to kill us, we have to run"
I try to turn around to glare at him but he catches my eyes. Not again. I feel the calm and the warmth spread through me as he pollutes my mind with peace erasing my fears. Does he not realise this is the worst thing he could do? We all need to be sharp not sitting around chilled out. I attempt to sever the connection. I visualize the same cord connecting Zach and I. In my mind it is a sort of transparent tube with a captavating gold liquid moving through it from his mind into mine. Zach's hands gripping my shoulders have a similar glow to the liquid but they are duller. I try to cut that damn cord but instead of his power leaving me, his hands glow brighter while the cord repairs.
"Just sit there and tell me who that man was" Zach instructs in a soft voice but underneath his tone there are layers of power that wash over me.
The power doesn't effect Blake who is sitting directly beside Zach, just me. It locks my free will away. It is enough to make me spill my darkest secrets on demand. My mouth starts talking on it's own accord while I am left locked away in my own mind. Zach is a veery dangerous person to be around.
"That wasn't a man, he is too cruel to be referred to as a human" I tell him while inside my head I am left with only one emotion in my power, peace.
No matter how much I want to thrash around, I sit still. Even though my hands itch to cover my mouth, they stay still at my sides. I want to strike Zach, but I sit obediently before him against my will. I am completely in Zach's control. if he told me to jump in front of a car at this moment, I probably do.
"Well is he like us?" Zach asks not understanding.
"No he is technically human, just a monster of a human at that" I answer promptly to him.
My voice sounds as if I am still asleep. It's sounds as if this is just harmless sleep talk but this is very important and dangerous information he is trying to gather. Not too mention personal!
"How do you know him?" Zach asks.
No! He can't know. Just shut up! I desperately claw mentally at the cord that is nonexistent in my normal sight but very prominent in my mind's eye. My efforts seem to slow the power but Zach's eyes intensify with concentration sending more of the golden liquid into my mind.
"He was" My voice says slowly.
I scream at myself in my head, or at least try to. As I become more and more desperate I do less damage to the cord.
"He was the one" I begin to answer again but my voice chokes off as I give up on the cord and use every ounce of my willpower to hold my mouth quiet.
My lips tremble with the effort. If I remain silent he will catch us but if I release my mouth to break the cord Zach and Blake will both know what happened to me.
"Lillian what did that man do?" Zach asks in the same voice but the power behind it has become like a crushing weight trying to break my hold.
"Just tell us" Blake says softly but his voice holds no power over me.
The power in Zach is becoming unbearable.
"He" A single word slips out before I regain my grip on my mouth.
Blake nods moving closer and taking my hand. My concentration faulters for a moment.
"Killed" Another word!
I decide to risk them knowing so that I can free myself. My hold keeping me almost silent is loosened as I quickly work at attacking the cord in my mind.
"Killed all of" My mouth blurts out on it's own accord.
Each time I attack the cord Zach's hands on my shoulders glow but each time it takes longer to repair. It's weakening.
"My whole" One more word and they will know.
I drive a mental dagger through the cord completely severing it and freeing myself. Immediately it vanishes with that sweet peace leaving me completely shaken up and fearing for my life. I snatch my hand away from Blake before either of them can react and slap Zach's cheek forcefully. Zach's head snaps to the side as both boys' eyes widen in shock.
"We have to go" I hiss with my darkest glare.
Both boys just stare at me as if I had just grown an extra arm. I push Zach's hands off my shoulders and jump to my feet. Pain shoots through my entire body causing me to grit my teeth just so I don't scream. The danger of him finding us keeps me silent and on my feet. I Grab Zach and Blake by the hair because they have no shirts for me to grab. They seem to snap out of their daze as I try to pull them to their feet by their hair. Zach scrambles to his feet and winces as he does. Blake swats my hand away but without much force.
"How do you keep doing that?" Zach asks rather loudly in the silence of night.
I cover his mouth and my eyes search the tree line for the shadow of him.
"Why are you so freaked out?" Blake asks as he stands up.
Thankfully Blake has taken the hint to be quiet and speaks in a whisper.
"Because there are two men chasing us with guns and won't hesitate at pulling the trigger" I answer bluntly in a whisper.
Blake looks at me as if I am insane and concern sweeps across Zach's features.
"Grab Zach's left arm and hold tight because we are flying him home" I instruct Blake as I grab Zach's right arm.
Blake doesn't move though. He just looks at me skeptically.
"Blake!" I exlaim a little too loudly.
"Got 'em" The voice of my would-be captor rings out across the area.
I start to beat my wings in a flurry to lift Zach and myself off the ground. Blake looks in teh direction of the voice bewildered. I struggle to rise off the ground and the pain this is causing sends black spots swiming through my vision.
"Help me!" I scream panicing now that both men are bearing down on us, won't be long before blood is shed.
This snaps Blake back to me and he grabs Zach's left arm. Blake extends a gorgeous pair of wings. They look like scales but suddenly the moonlight reflects off them obscuring their appearance. His wings reflect the surrounding colours to become almost invisible. Blake pumps his wings in swift, strong movements. All three of us soar upwards. Just as I become hopeful that we can escape a gun shot thunders from below us. Gun fire quickly disturbs the peace. We weave through the air currents in a rash attempt to stay unharmed.
"Fuck!" Zach suddenly exclaims and I almost loose my grip on his arms as they instinctively try to pull away from Blake and I to cover his injury.
"What?" I squeak out as I just manage to keep a hold of him.
"My leg!" Zach yells out in pain over the racket of gun fire "He shot me!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys. Hope this all makes sense. Most of it was written at 1:05am this morning.
Sorry about the title.
Thank you to all my readers and special thanks to my commenters.

Thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting.
A new chapter will be written shortly if all goes well.

Lurking_shadow