Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

There Are Only Two Ways This Can Go

No nightmares plagued my night. For the first time since I was orphaned, I managed to sleep all the way through the night peacefully. I'm feeling so warm rather than shivering. I feel rested. Peaceful. My peace is shattered when someone bashes on my door.
"Wake up you ingrate!" Sophia screams from the other side of my locked door.
My eyes shoot open to find Zach's arms wrapped around my waist and his face buried in my neck. His breath tickles my neck with each of his soft snores. This is really strange. Especially since I am just wearing pants and a bra. I cringe away from him but try to stop him from waking up. No idea how Sophia didn't wake him up. He's probably less jumpy and paranoid than me.
"Whore!" Sophia demands from the other side of the door.
I ignore her ranting and raving to peek over Zach's shoulder. The clock on my bedside reads 6:30am. No point in worrying about time. Now how can I get Zach off me? This is so weird. I just know if he wakes up now with me wrapped in his arms he is going to be disgusted with me. Who would honestly like to wake up next to me? Maybe I can move him away and he won't hate me too much.
I grab the arm Zach has wrapped across my stomach and slowly lift it. Just as I think I can roll away and out of his grasp, Zach tightens his grip burying his face back into my neck. My eyes close by themselves as shivers run through my body. Although I will never admit it out loud, those shivers are of pleasure. Zach’s snoring stops. I peek out of one eye to be staring right into his gorgeous blue eyes.
“Good morning” I mumble to break the silence.
This is so embarrassing. I’m laying here half naked in his arms.
“Really good morning” he whispers before nuzzling his face back into my neck.
A blush steals it’s way across my face.
“You’d better get up soon you little bitch!” Sophia huffs before stomping off down the hall.
“You need to leave” I whisper trying to escape his arms.
Zach shakes his head and clutches me tighter. His right arm wrapped around my back brushes against my sensitive feathers and I nearly just curl up against Zach.Alex suddenly meows from his seat at the end of the bed, he is probably hungry. I lay my hands on Zach’s chest and push him away with a groan. His actions are making me feel something that I never would have dreamed experiencing.
“Come on, we won’t be missed at school” Zach murmurs against my ear after pulling me close again.
I bite my lip. What has gotten into Zach this morning? What was wrong with me last night? Why did I ask him to stay?
“Are you always like this in the morning?” I ask trying to sound confident as my heart pounds in my chest.
“Only when I wake up next to a beauty like you” he purrs in my ear.
A blush once again paints across my cheeks. This has to stop. He must be planning something. There is no way he could be serious.
“Let go” I mumble biting my lip.
He groans but obliges. Zach keeps his right arm beneath me but lays on his back pulling his left arm away. My back is up against the wall.
“Can you move?” I ask.
Zach smirks and shakes his head. I sigh and try to crawl over him somewhat gracefully. He tickles my side as my body is over his and I tumble to the floor giggling. I cover my mouth to smother my giggles before Sophia hears.
“Stop” I hiss at him.
“Fine” he sighs sitting up.
Alex is still perched at the end of the bed watching me with his observant cat eyes.
“See you at school” I tell him standing up and crossing my arms over my chest in the hope to cover myself somewhat.
Zach catches my eyes with his. I’m drawn into the calm seas that lie inside his gorgeous windows.
“You sure I can’t stay?” he asks in that soft calming tone.
The pain that had been creeping up on me since I let his grasp retreats as the peace washes over my body. I bite my lip harder to stop myself from giving in.
“Hoe bag!” Sophia screams suddenly from my door breaking his concentration.
“Yes” I say quickly pushing him towards the window.
“Fine, I’m going” he groans before climbing out the window.
I watch his shirtless form take to the sky easily. Those wings of his are amazing and from the way he walks you would never imagine that he had been shot last night. With a smile permanently glued to my face I grab a towel and waltz out of my room past a fuming Sophia. I step around her after closing my door and dash into the bathroom. With the door securely locked, I start the water. Now that Zach isn't around with his strange power the pain creeps in quickly. I wince as I strip of my clothing. The water stings worse than I imagined it would.

With my towel wrapped loosely around me I walk back into my room. I wince with each step as my body protests. The pain has only gotten worse. I close my door quietly hoping to avoid Sophia just a bit longer. Despite my aches and pains I haven't been able to remove the smile plastered to my face. Amongst the pain I try to keep the towel as loose as possible to avoid as many cuts as possible. I walk to my wardrobe to pick out my clothing for the day when Alex meows from behind me. I turn quickly and barely keep hold of my towel as I run into someones bare chest. I freeze and almost scream.
"Forgot my shirt" Zach informs me with a chuckle as I remain frozen clutching my towel.
"Didn't mean to scare you" he whispers with his mouth suddenly right beside my ear.
My eyebrows knit together as I try to regain composure. Even through this I can't get rid of that goofy smile.
"You didn't," I mumble trying to back away from him but his hands fall to my hips holding me in place.
"So you knew I was coming and got dressed up for me?" he asks with a devilish grin running his eyes purposely slow down my body only covered with a towel.
What happened to the kind, non-pervy Zach? Yes I just made up the word non-pervy. Pain washes from my body from his touch. I resist the urge to lean into him.
"Let go now" I whisper clutching my towel as if my life depended on it.
"All you have to do is step away" he whispers to me moving his face closer to mine.
"Let go" I mumble again barely registering the fact I am repeating myself.
"I'm not stopping you" he murmurs bringing his face mere millimeters away from mine.
Our faces are so close his breath brushes across my face. My mind is running around in circles. I can't think at all as my thoughts jumble up. My body has taken over forgetting about my head. I just want to melt into him. My lips are so close to his and everything in me, except my incoherent mind, is begging me to just lean in. Have a taste an insane rebellious part whispers seductively to me. I listen. Just as I am raising upon my tip-toes to press my lips against his Sophia's evil voice cuts into my insanity.
"You better not have used all of my hot water" she screeches from down the hall breaking my trace and causing me to step away from the waiting Zach.
He pulls his head back quickly before he can fall completely forward. Obviously he had been waiting for a kiss. My heart is pounding so hard in my chest I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors could hear it.
"Take your shirt and go" I say softly with a blush.
What is wrong with him this morning? Or me for that matter? With a heavy sigh Zach grabs his shirt.
"See you at school" I say softly as he slips out the window for the second time this morning.
Once he is gone I let out a long sigh. I'm not sure if it is out of disappointment or relief. I close my window and get dressed quickly.

With everything ready I open my window for Alex, wish him a good day and slip out of my room. Sophia is standing halfway down the hall with her arms crossed over her chest. I freeze in my tracks.
"Well if it isn't Sleeping Beauty" Sophia mocks with a sneer as I stay completely still.
"Finally decided to grace me with your presence?" she demands sarcastically.
I don't say a word. Maybe if I don't respond she won't tell me I am back talking and I won't be hurt too badly.
"Don't ignore me" she snaps suddenly.
She backhands me across the face unexpectedly. It isn't too unexpected, I knew she would want to hurt me sooner or later. Her overly large ring cuts my cheek as she backhands me and I fall to the floor shocked clutching my cheek. Tears well in my eyes. It isn't just my face that hurts. Every inch of my body is screaming with pain. Mental note; don't move suddenly today. I choke back a sob as I stare up at her.
"Pathetic" she hisses looking at me disgusted.
I watch as she storms away from me. Once I hear her bedroom door slam shut, I pick myself up off the floor. Warm blood is running like a red ribbon down my cheek. I ignore it and begin the walk to school. The wind stings my face as I walk and I keep my head down. I manage to suppress the tears by the time I walk through the school gates.

Maybe I can find some refuge at school. Christian is the first to pass me. His glare shows that I am in for Hell today. I duck my head down refusing to meet his eyes. Next is Holley. She looks at me with an expression that makes me feel worse than any of Sophia's beatings ever could. Tears try to force their way back but I refuse to let them fall. Brad and his 'gang' see me next. At first he makes as if to leave and escape me but then he must see how vulnerable I am. His posture straightens becoming more confident. He strides up to me as I keep walking to my locker.
"Oi, freak" he calls and his 'gang' of mindless followers laugh.
I ignore him, refusing to notice his pathetic existence.
"Vampire girl!" he yells louder attracting the attention of other students.
I walk upstairs to my locker but he keeps following.
"Elfy!" he calls again.
Students are starting to gather. Maybe hoping to see me beat him up again.
"Lilly!" he yells as I reach my locker.
I drop my bag and turn towards him. I'm fed up. I can't be bothered to even try to hide the cut on my face. My cheek is slightly swollen from Sophia's hit and I know there will be plenty more when I get home. I don't have to deal with this at home and at school.
"My name is Lillian dick weed" I hiss at him.
Something about his ignorance sparks such hatred in me. He is taken back from either my sudden rage or the blood still trickling down my face.
"Got something to say?" I demand taking a step towards him "Want to stop staring like a moron?"
The other kids seem to feel the air with anticipation waiting for Brad's reaction. I study his body language. Fear is present until he glances at his 'gang' of followers behind him. Arrogance overrides the fear.
"Rest of you have nothing better to do than encourage a little brat?!" I demand from them.
They falter and look at each other. There is two ways this can go; they can either back off or I am going to have the shit kicked out of me. I am praying the latter doesn't occur.
"Time we show you why freaks are bellow us" one of the taller kids from the 'gang' say gruffly.
With that they advance on me with Brad in the lead. Oh no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
Well I finally typed this out. A boring math class helped me to write this quicker.

Anyone notice how drastically the path of the story changed? With Zach? You can blame that on a story I have been reading. I shall try to regain balance, unless you like it this way. Raise your hand if you like Zach. Don't be shy. All I want is a yay or nay as a comment to tell me whether I continue this way or revert back to the old Zach?

I can tell you for certain that Zoe will be making an appearance in the next chapter and we will FINALLY know her power. Are you as excited as me?

Alex is an odd cat, that's all I have to say about him. Do you like little Alex?

Sophia isn't nice, she is going to really hate Lillian after the next chapter.

Lillian has gotten herself into some strife with Brad. Tsk, tsk. How will she fare against those boys?

I am back to updating fairly quickly! Anyone like to join me in a victory dance?

I am wondering what Christian will do to Lillian without Zach around? Maybe he might join the boys in wanting to beat her up. Is he that bad though?

I think I've rambled enough. Please leave a comment. I absolutely love recieving comments and they always make me write quicker.

Lurking_shadow