Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

Hatred and Helplessness.

I need to get away from her, Zoë can’t know. She stares at me, her eyes burning through me as if she can see my darkest secrets. All it takes is on touch from her and my mind is opened. At least she said it was difficult to get information out of my mind. It was a bad idea trying to make friends. With him back in town it is only a matter of time before something happens to them. Just like Nick and Eve. The image of their violent end stays at the front of my mind. Playing through and refusing to be buried I go to stand up and Zoë reaches out. I’m too slow to pull my hand away. Her eyes widen again and rip my hand away from hers.
“He killed them” Zoë murmurs horrified, “and you just watched?”
She saw what happened to Nick and Eve. That one scene must have been the only thing in my mind.
“I have to go” I say trying to keep my tears at bay.
Zoë stares at me with a mix of horror and disgust in her eyes. Did I really let myself believe someone like me could have friends?
“You aren’t going anywhere” a cold voice says from down the hall.
Zoë jumps to her feet as I spin around to face him. Christian is striding towards us with Holley following with a smile.
“Zoë” Christian barks “didn’t I tell you not to touch her today?”
Zoë takes an unconscious step back then she seems to find her confidence again.
“I have a right to know, everyone but me in the group knows” Zoë says back.
I shrink back hoping their argument will distract them enough so I can sneak away.
“Sit Lillian” Christian demands.
Who does he think he is? Obviously he gets his way too often.
“Christian” Zoë demands regaining his attention, “If Blake or any of my family will be in danger I deserve to know, when I joined you promised an equal family.”
“I’ll talk with you later” Christian hisses.
“No” Zoë says crossing her arms “We talk now.”
Christian glares at Zoë.
“Go to class” he tells her in a threatening tone, one that I never imagined a high schooler could use.
Zoë sighs with defeat and walks off leaving me stuck with Christian and Holley.
“Sit down” Christian tells me in the same deep cold voice.
I oblige much to my horror.
“Last night, you endangered three of our group” Christian tells me “One of them was my cousin.”
That’s probably that girl called Immy, no wonder he was fine with her calling him Chrissie.
“I don’t want you to be keeping secrets from me; especially secrets that endanger everyone” Christian continues “Got anything to say for yourself?”
Many things came to mind that I felt like saying. Such as; you’re an idiot, do you ever listen to yourself, how old do you think you are, does it ever occur to you that you are my age. I stay quiet instead, not trusting myself to respond.
“Of course not; wouldn’t want to share anything at all” Christian exclaims loudly with a sneer very similar to Sophia’s this morning before she hit me.
“I didn’t appreciate that stunt you pulled last night either” Christian hisses at me suddenly right in my face,
My eyes meet his and I’m drawn in. The anger and hatred sweeps from his face to be replaced with a ferocious grin. I fall back against the lockers needing support as my energy vanishes. All sanity has disappeared from Christian. I sit there helpless and he moves in closer as if to get more energy quicker. Out of the corner of my eye I see Holley smiling happily as she watches. Last time I nearly died, only Zoë saved me from that. How will I be saved this time? Everything except Christian’s cold, captivating eyes. A traitorous whimper leaves my lips as Christian keeps me from falling by grabbing both of my shoulders. Neither of us is blinking as everything grows foggy. My breathing becomes laboured as it grows harder to find energy to draw in another breath. The world grows distant. Christian is the only thing keeping me from collapsing. I barely manage to provide the oxygen my lungs burn for. There is no hope left. I try to envision Christian’s connection with me as I did with Zach. I see it. The colour of that cord dragging a pinkish flow out of me is the same colour as Immy’s healing. It’s such a bright gold it might have blinded me if I hadn’t been imagining it. Everything is growing harder. It is difficult to keep the image in my mind. I focus with the last of my disappearing energy. The cord is strong and I hack at it with my mind. Christian falters with the unexpected attack and I take my chance to escape his eyes. I close my eyes as everything fades.
“What happened?” I hear Holley’s voice as if from far away.
Christian releases his grip from me and I slide down to lay on the tiles. The world slips away as unconsciousness swallows me. One thought lingers against the blackness. I hate people. The quick thumping of footsteps nears and everything in me tries to fight the darkness. He might have found me! Nothing works. All my energy is gone. I can’t hold on. Everything disappears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! Guess who finally got another writing program!! Yes it is me. I love Byron for it. Hehe. Finally writing is good again for me! Chapters should come quicker and quicker as I fall back into the easy world of writing. Plus school is almost over. Whoo! The good news keeps coming. I feel great, well emotionally I feel great. Physically I am feeling like Christian has gotten hold of me. I have tonsilitis, again -_-. Fifth time this year, means they are considering removing them. Great! I don't particularly want to have my tonsils removed. *sigh* oh well.

Thank you so very much to commenters! Crazysabby stays loyal and I love her for it. If I work out how to give points my commenters will be recieving them.

Anyway... I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell.
*starts to sing*
I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell. I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell. I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell. I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell. I know who the footsteps belong to and I won't tell.

Alright maybe it would be better for me to say, I know who the footsteps belong to and you won't know until the next chapter.
Okay now I have five questions I want ALL readers to answer. Just want your opinion and I promise to comment on one of your stories if you answer these questions. Fair deal? I think so. And if you don't have any stories up, I shall comment on a poem. And if that isn't the case, then I shall discuss with you what I can do instead. ^.^ Plus these won't be two word comments. I write long comments. ^.^ At least 100 words. Sound good?
The questions?
1. Who is your favourite character so far?
2. What do you want to see more of? (eg. violence, romance, comedy, Christian's family, Sophia bashing, Alex petting)
3. Would you be interested in becoming the person Immy is based on?
4. [starting to run out of questions already, oops] What don't you like about this story? (please be honest, I appreciate hearing where I can improve)
5. Are you characters realistic?

Thank you very muchly and I will love you if you could answer those questions. Remember I will return the favour.

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Lurking_shadow